Gilmore Girls

Luke Can See Her Face

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 04, 2004 on The WB

• Luke finally sees her face clearly...

This episode marks a landmark in Gilmore Girls, as Luke finally admits to himself he has feelings for Lorelai. The whole storyline was brilliantly written and Scott Patterson became a whole new actor for me. Everything was perfect: from Luke buying the books and scared that Andrew might see what he's buying, his innability to let himself go (with the scene with him driving and listening to the tape 'Complete: I'm angry because...', which made me laugh out loud) until the moment where the tapes asks if he can "see her face", the woman you want to spend your life with, tell good news too, spend memorable moments with, and you can just tell by his face, and how it changes, that he's thinking of Lorelai. It was just sooo beautiful.

Plus, first episode I actually liked Jess. He came. And he was quite funny =) I loved Lorelai's reaction when he comes into the diner.

Not so sorry Dean and Lindsay were fighting. About time. Oh, and the whole 'sleeping with the zucchini' story was the cutest thing. From Sookie telling Lorelai and Michel that Jackson was literally sleeping with the zucchini until they all fall asleep under the stars (and with the zucchini) it was the most adorable thing. Even Michel was cute! Amazing, amazing episode.