Gilmore Girls

Paris is Burning

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jan 11, 2001 on The WB

• Another great episode, I actually didn't think Max was that bad here and the arguments are always entertaining.

A great episode. When Max first appeared I thought that this was going to be an episode that wasn't for me, as in the pat, I haven't liked Max as a character. But here, he was actually okay. His relationship with both Lorelai and Rory was interesting. I really liked the uncomfortable scene between him and Rory, giving each other fake names was weird ... but funny.

I thought the opening scene was really amusing, about Skippy the hamster, this show is great at humour. The Friday night diner was once again, entertaining. Emily acting 'happy' was funny and the whole blue/newsletter thing was good. Sookie and Jackson have been fighting like this for nearly the whole series, I was glad to see Sookie ask him out, should be a funny watch.

It was interesting to see Lorelai suddenly go into panic mode, wanting to break up with Max but ending up kissing him at the parents day. Which leads to Paris telling the whole school, I couldn't help but find Paris's problematic life earlier in the episode. Tristan continues to be an ass, that kiss he blew Rory, typical.

Rory's offer that Paris can speak to her was a great scene, Paris reaction was just classic. It then went on to be a sad day for Lorelai as max basically breaks up with her after seeing the light at parents day. A nice but sad ending, Rory comforting Lorelai.

So I liked this a lot again, cant wait for more.
ABCFAM