Gilmore Girls

Partings

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 09, 2006 on The WB

• I don't know where to begin. I just hate it when Luke and Lorelai fight :'''(

I really hate what is happening right now. Everything is messed up. Luke should've tried to get Lorelai back. How can he have just watched her walk away from him?! Did he just stand there watch the love of his life walk away?? Is that really who he is? I hate that the writers felt this whole break up thing was necessary.

And Christopher, what kind of a guy is he? Why would he sleep with Lorelai like that even though he probably knew that Lorelai and Luke just had a major fight/break up ???!! (because Lorelai probably would have told Chris about Luke since she never comes to Chris' door all sad and moody) Why would Chris sleep with Lorelai when she is in her most vulnerable stage?? He's being so selfish, and especially at the end when he just comes back to the bed and hugs Lorelai while he smiles and pretend he did nothing bad. He should've just given her comfort, not go to bed with her! How can Lorelai even think about being with Chris again, after all he has done, or in this case, not done, given the fact that he was away for most of the time when she was raising Rory. And since I grew to love this show so much, i read ahead and found out about her and Chris' upcoming relationship in season 7. (don't wanna spoil it too much for the others) But It's unbelievable! Why is that necessary?

I think from the very beginning Luke and Lorelai are always and have been meant for each other and that the writers made a mistake with separating them for a period of time. But then i guess that is what makes television shows so great, ahh the drama! :/ sigh.

And as for Rory, I've had enough of her drama in the beginning of the season so im not really feeling that much pity for her saying goodbye to logan, even though that was a tough thing for her.

Anyway, I teared up so much when Luke and lorelai were fighting, ahh... good show, good show.. there's nothing like the Gilmore girls!
  • Lorelai gives Luke an ultimatum and Rory throws Logan a leaving party. I think my views on this episode may be different to others, this was a great season finale.

Do you know what? Though she'll regret it and though it may be wrong I'm not annoyed that Lorelai slept with Christopher and woke up in his bed in the final minute of the episode. This is down to Luke, he is in the wrong - making Lorelai wait and wait for the wedding that she started in the first place with the proposal.

She even confronted him, I thought she'd knock some sense into him but instead he gets annoyed because she went to see Anna - get over it Luke, she is or well I guess now was your fiancé. It was a very powerful scene and without a doubt the highlight of the entire episode - the tears in her eyes - at first she wouldn't take no for an answer. She said I love you Luke over and over again.

And he doesn't even accept her desire to elope - he's gone passed the jerk stage by now. Don't get me wrong I've always liked him as a character but he's gone too far now. Rory was more of a side character here and that wasn't a bad thing. Her tearful goodbye to Logan was the best scene they've had all season and was full of realistic emotions. Wasn't sure about the English party though....I did like how she stood up to Micthum, yet again.

I enjoyed the music played by the many troubadours - it added a good, finale like tone to the episode. It was kinda cool as well how the episode started and ended in the same way - Lorelai in a bed - her eyes open and looking blankly at the screen. Can't wait for the seventh and final season.
  • The end was painful to watch.

About Logan and Rory I don\\\'t relly care so much, If they are happy I have no problem. I prefer Jess but he won\\\'t be again with Rory :)
    The BIG problem is what Lorelai did! I hope it\\\'s Luke\\\'s baby, if it\\\'s Chris I won\\\'t see the show any more.
    I HATE CHRIS!!!!!!
    I can\\\'t understand why she went to his house. She could gave Luke some days to think about the ultimatun. But not go to Chris\\\' and sleep with him.
    She could go to talk with Rory or Sooki if she needed support.
    Lorelai and Luke forever!!!!!!!!!!
  • This was an awesome way to end the season!!

Wow - so much happened in this episode.

First of all - Rory was really sad to see Logan go to London, not just because of the fact that he was leaving, but also because she was convinced that Mitchum only did it out of spite, to cause damage to Rory and Logan's relationship. After a bit of a show-down in the elevator, Mitchum gets Rory to see that it has absolutely nothing to do with her, and everything to do with Logan. Mitchum wants Logan to grow up, and is convinced that going to London will do this. Rory silently agrees, as it is obvious from previous episodes that she also thinks he could use a bit of growing up... :-) The scene where Logan and Rory says goodbye is soooo sad, and I couldn't help but cry a little... It was a really nice way to end things.

Then to the whopper - Lorelai and Luke!!! First you can see that things aren't going to well, Lorelai is avoiding Luke, and doesn't want to see him. She's beginning to realise that she has been putting her own wishes too much on hold in their relationship, but is afraid of telling Luke she wants things to change, because she doesn't want to loose him. After a friday night dinner at the parents, she ends up talking to the girl Emily tried to set Christopher up with, who just happens to be a shrink. She puts things into perspective for Lorelai, and she realises that she has to do something about it. She returns to the diner only to give Luke an ultimatum: They have to elope to get married now, or else it's over. Luke is confused, and tries to slow things up, and thereby ends up saying no to the ultimatum. Lorelai then realises that she just broke up with Luke, leaves, showing that she is willing to put herself first. Then she shows up on Christopher's door step and end up spending the night with him... OOoopppsss... Not good... Season 7 is going to have a lot of things to work out... :)
  • Logan leaves for London, and Lorelie gives Luke an ultimatum

Lorelie begins and ends this episode in exactly the same way, lying in a bed not her own with her eyes open, pretending to sleep. It starts with her at Sookie and Jackson's house, as they bustle around her trying (and failing) to be "super quiet". When Rory calls to ask her what's going on, she says everything is fine. But clearly things between her and Luke are not fine. At Friday night dinner, Emily is trying to set Christopher up with a psycologist (or was she a psychiatrist?), Lynnie. Lorelie ends up pouring her heart out to her in Lynnie's car, talking about what getting married means to her. She says her wedding dress is sitting in the closet "mocking her." Lynnie tells her she has to ask for what she wants. So she does, she tells Luke she wants to get married "now". But Luke demurs, so Lorelie walks away from him. She goes to Christopher's house, saying it's been a bad night and she just doesn't want to be alone. And in the final scene, she's lying in Christopher's bed as Gigi bursts in and out.
    As for Rory, she deals with her impending separation from Logan by giving him a huge party with an English theme. She cries as she says goodbye to him.
  • One of the saddest yet the best episode of the series..

Amazing. Ever since April showed up it was beginning to grow and with this shocking season finale it just exploded. Luke and Lorelai, two people unable to commit, yet just so perfect for each other. But some problems are more then they can overcome. For the first time in her life, Lorelai is in love and ready for marriage. Luke's behaviour is saddening her. She keeps it in, pretends that she understands, she is happy with waiting, but she is not. So coming to a realization, she goes and confronts Luke. His slowness costs a lot. At least, a season with them apart. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was when Lorelai went to Chris for comfort. If this hadn't happened, maybe we could have a better 7th season. Maybe not... Still one of the best episodes of the whole series!!
  • Best and saddest episode of the season!

This episode was by far the best and saddest episode of season 6! So much happened in this episode, it is hard to explain! Though I am a Luke and Lorelai fan, and this is the big break-up episode, I still loved it!!! Ok, first off, Logan graduated from Yale, then Mitchum (Logan's father) kept him out very, very late so that as soon as Logan got home, Rory had to leave for Friday night dinner. Rory confronted Mitchum in the elevator, and Mitchum told Rory it was time for Logan to "grow up". Rory left after cocktail hour to go set up a farewell party for Logan, and Lorelai ends up talking to Christopher and "Lizzie" (for people in "the know")who were also invited as a set-up for Christopher. Lizzie is a psychologist who, after dinner, helps Lorelai with her problems with Luke. Lorelai goes to Luke's diner and issues and altimatum to elope, Luke wants to talk things through, Lorelai leaves and goes to Christophers. Meanwhile, Logan comes home and finds the party Rory planned, they have a great time. Next morning Rory wakes up and Logan is ready and leaving, he leaves *cries*. It shows a scene where Lorelai is in Christophers bed and Chris is helping GiGi get ready for school.
  • *Sigh* what a blowup! and the writing ...

7.7
    I don´t know where Rory was this whole episode. Okay, her boyfriend is sick, but she knows her mother is having an emotional crisis. And all she can do is leave it up to Daddy to see to her. Why can´t she go to Luke and tell him that despite the way she says she´s feeling ( NOT okay, clearly !) he has to cut Lorelai some slack and let her at least a little bit partisipate in April´s life. He has seen how good the two of them interact. Rory should have the nerve to tell Luke that despite the fact that he´s the father it is breaking up Lorelai. But no, the whole Town is into this sham. They all cover up the meltdown at the wedding. Miss Patty and the rest of the lot are just as responsible for the breakup as Lorelai and Luke !
  • this story was titled partings because both lorlie and rory say bye to their relationships at the end of the show logans wakes rory to tell her he\'s leaving for london and lorlie wakes up in christophers bed

i loved this episode i was alomost crying it was sooooo good i was soo sad that logan left for london i also wonderd if christopher and lorlie get back together or if lorlie makes up with luke im gettina sooo tired of luke i think she should stay with christopher omg if you saw how logan says bye to rory you\'d be sad too logan wakes rory up and says my bags are in the car rory looks puzzeld then realizes he was leaving for london so gets right out of bed but logan wont let her come he said if she came he wouldnt get on the plane to londen so rory stays in the apartment.but when logan leaves and walks out the door rory waves bye to logan in the elevator you can see they were both holding back their tears then the elevator closed and the scene was over.that was my favorite part of the episode
  • Lorelai gives luke an ultimatum, logan has to go to london. Very sad episode

7.6
    This was probally on of the saddest episodes of gilmore girls i have ever seen.
    We've all seen how hurt lorelai was the last couple of episodes. Everytime anyone mentioned april or anna she got this look on her face. Like someone punched her in the stomach. I think it's really stupid of luke that he didn't see this. Especially after he gave this speech to TJ about women. En he couldn't even see what lorelai was going through. Sure I get that it was a shock that he had a daughter but still. He didn't treat lorelai right. And I understand that she stepped in and gave him an ultimatum. But what I didn't understand is that she went to christopher. Who I never liked. Because it reminds me a little of Friends when ross and rachel where on a break. I really hope there not gonna have that discussion in gilmore girls because that is only fun in Friends. But I am a Die Hard luke & lorelai fan and I think that they will work this out. (and christopher can go back to sherry with G.G.)

Now the logan and rory goodbye scene that was beautiful. Because i showed how much they love eachother. I almost cryed when that elavator closed. And i don't even like logan that much. So it wasn't a very bad episode, just a little sad.
  • This episode was really amazing for me if u want read more about it at my review.

In start it was just like normal episode not like last episode of sesion. But then story came back to Lorelai i mean that dinner with Emily and Richard, accidentaly cames Christopher, Rory leaves and came some woman {i forgot her name }I wanna say it's such a beautiful couple ,Lorelai and Christopher ,i mostly like them for their funny comments and jokes. I foresaw what's gonna happen at the end of this episode ( since Christopher came with that money )and it happened . But on the other side i' m sad that Lorelai and Luke fought,(i like them like couple too), first when she came to him for call him to get marrid right now i thought he say yes and it ends but it didn't happen. But i didn't like one thing on this episode : when Lorelai came to Christopher's apartment why did they slept together? i don't like it,it was little bit strange, i think that better were been talking and then fell asleep on the sofa. So, i like this episode except this end. After all, sorry for my English,it isn't so good but i really had to comment this amazing episode :)
  • Logan leaves Rory behind

This episode is also revealing. Rory talks to Logans dad, and he says then that the only reason why he'l sent Logan to London, is become the guy need to grow up. Totally got a point there, he leaves Rory speechless behind.

After talking to the shrink, Lorelai wants to marry Luke immediately, but Luke doesn't want to rush in thing, because he has April to think about.

After this agrue, Lorelai ends by CHristopher, and before she knows it, she ends up in her bed.

'oh-oh'
  • This episode was proof that no communication can ruin a relationship. Luke and Lorelai needed to work things out!

These are words coming from a Java Junkie, a.k.a an L/L fan. Luke and Lorelai were of course the best couple on television in my opinion. They got through the rough times together. Lorelai spent a day in tears when they broke up and she wouldn't leave her room. We watched them though season 5 as a really happy couple, and when Lorelai proposed in the season 5 finale, it was one of the season's best moments. I am not even going to bring Rory into this review, because the tension between Lorelai and Rory during the first half of season 6 was unbearable. I really wanted Luke and Lorelai to get married, and that would have made this show perfect. :( But that didn't happen, now did it? Lorelai and Luke had that dumb communication problem, and Lorelai ran to Christopher. I really wish Luke and Lorelai would have worked things out instead of an ultimatum occuring. Hopefully the last half of season 7 will be happy. Hopefully Luke and Lorelai will reunite. Christopher's an idiot. But, Lauren Graham's acting in the ultimatum scene was tearjerking and genius. The girl can act!
  • Luke and Lorelei have a fight over getting married, Logan leaves for London and Rory is terribly sad. Christoper comes back into the picture as always.

This episode was o.k., but like many other season finales it leaves you hanging till the next season, and that drives me nuts. I am really sad that Luke and Lorelei are fighting because I think they are such a cute couple, but then again Luke ruined their relationship with the way he acted about April coming into his life. It didn't surprise me when Lorelei went to Christopher for comfort, but it did surprise me when she was in his bed, did not see that coming. I am sad that Logan has left for London, and left Rory behind.
  • I like the Gilmore Girls, but I didn't like this episode!!!!

5.6
    First of all, speaking of Rory and Logan, I personally don't care for the guy. I don't understand how the writers can give Rory good sense when it comes to school, but bad sense when it comes to guys.

I didn't care for Dean because he got way to jealous if Rory just talked to a guy and at first I didn't like Jess because he was immature. Right now, I don't like Logan because he's a jerk and he drinks to much. Just because Rory turned 21, they don't need to show her drinking in every episode. First off, she needs to dump this loser Logan and go back with Jess because he has really matured and cares for Rory.

Second of all, it made me mad to see Lorelai going to Christopher!!!! I have been waiting for her and Luke to get together since season one. Christopher has always been immature and unreliable. While I agree that that is changing, I think she should stay with Luke. By sleeping with Christopher it has ruined what Luke and her had.

Ok, I feel so much better getting that off my chest. I'm a little behind in the Gilmore Girls because I don't get the WB or CW so I have to watch reruns on ABC Family.
  • Rory and Logan part for a year, Lorelai breaks it off with Luke

I know this episode was a disappointment to some however to those that think Lorelai was out of character she wasn't when it came to Luke. The last time Luke quit because he couldn't handle Emily Lorelai cooped up in bed crying all day, and it took Rory to bring her back to reality. I imagine Rory will not be happy with Luke. I hope that Jess is gone because he is wishy washy. Chris just is willing to get Lorelai in any way he can. He worships her, much like Dean did with Rory. I don't know of any woman who wants a man to be a doormat. Luke totally handled the April situation wrong. He should have told Lorelai in the beginning, and fit April in their lives and not the opposite. Once April appeared he backed way off, and became somewhat distant which is what caused the drunken toast. I can imagine there will be burnt and dropped food, Luke barking at everyone , and unsatisfied customers at the diner.

I personally am a big fan of the Rory/Logan relationship and interested in seeing how the long distance relationship is going to play out.
  • A lot of stuff which will have effects on the future of this show happens in this episode.

What has the most impact on me, a Luke and Lorelai fan, is of course how that relationship developes. I was so happy at teh beginning of their relationship when they finally saw each other in a new light, inevitably got together and were happy. To complicate the storyline Luke found out he had a daughter and decided not to tell Lorelai. I guess they never recovered from that. After Lorelai has a nice chat with a phychiatrist (a woman invited to friday night dinner) she gives Luke an ultimatum. She wants to elope and get married right away, Luke refuses to do so. Never would he have guessed that she would seek comfort at Christopher's.
  • Not again!

Not Lorelai and Christopher again! Not again! After everything that they had been through before Lorelai and Luke got together. After all the times they tried to make it work. Why now? How could Lorelai do this to Luke. There are no words for how upset I was by the end if this episode.

Logan and Rory already had me crying up a storm.

Luke and Lorelai are meant to be together and Lorelai and Christopher, they had more then their fair share of chances. This thing needs to be resolved once and for all, one way or another.
  • Logan goes to London. Luke and Lorelai are on the rocks--again.

i was one of the few people who actually liked this episode! the final scene with Rory and Logan had me BAWLING! Althought the Lorelai and Chris scene was puzzling i really liked this oneeee!!! The confrontation with Mitchum kinda made me think "i wonder how self absorbed rory feels right now?" but she's nott!!!! great episode :)
  • Lorelei and Christopher?

I just finished watching this season of Gilmore Girls on DVD I was living overseas and am FINALLY all caught up. This episode was crazy. I can't believe she went to Luke like that. I guess it was a long time coming. Luke totally handled this April thing all wrong, I know he is trying to do it right but he is just going to make it harder in the long run, if there even is a long run. I totally understand why she ran to Christopher. They do have a bond. I like her with Luke better but not when he is acting like an idiot, like he doesnt even want to be with her.

I really felt Rory's pain when Logan left. He really loves her a lot and I like them together. Hopefully he won't do anything stupid in London (we all know his track record) I thought the troubadour thing just wasted valueable minutes off the storyline, every time it went to them, I was like come on, go back to Lorelei!!!
  • Why? This episode was good, but alot of things happened...

Lorelai sounds so different throughout this episode. She sounds like shes going to start crying in nearly every line. I think that Lauren was great in showing her emotion, but it turned a little too whiny. She definitely should have approached Luke differently. She didn\\\'t even give Luke a chance to talk. She has known him for a long time, she should understand by now that it takes him a few seconds to process things. But, no. She just walks away when she doesn\\\'t immediately get what she wants. She was really immature in this episode. I hope that in the new season she grows up, she\\\'s in her late 30s for goodness sake. She should stop acting like she is eternally 16. I was mad when Chris showed up at dinner that night. BAD IDEA. It just established a connection again, and look who Lorelai runs to after her spout with Luke. Chris. He is so immature himself. I really don\\\'t like him at all. He\\\'s never been a consistent guy, and I doubt that\\\'s going to change any time soon. I really hope Sherry pops back into the picture next season so he\\\'ll prove once again that he is unreliable. As for Luke and Lorelai, as much as I would LOVE to see them get married (because I do believe they are perfect for each other), I honestly don\\\'t see how that is going to happen after all this. Its obvious that Lorelai and Chris will have a thing for a couple of episodes next season and that Luke will find other people to be with, but how can anything bring them back together?? I really really want to know what happens...
  • Pivotal changes occur in both Rory and Lorelai's love lives.

I just finished watching the episode for the first time and I'm still crying. It absolutely broke my heart to see what happened between Luke and Lorelai. I think she was right to confront him but I don't think she should have done it in such a rash way. She knows Luke doesn't like to be pushed, instead I think she should have spoken her mind and then given him a chance to process the information before making a decision - but I understand why she did it the way she did. Also she should never have turned to Christopher - bad, bad, bad idea. The empty look in Lorelai's eyes in that last scene was just heart wrenching... Lauren did such a great job portraying Lorelai's pain, not just in this episode but the ones preceding it as well... It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next season.
  • Rory watches Logan leave for London. Luke and Lorelai have a huge fight, and Lorelai seems to have slept with Christopher,

This episdoe was great! It was every thing I expected and wanted from the season six finale. It had great drama and humor, like all Gilmore Girls episodes. The writers did a great job making you feel the pain of both Rory and Lorelai and their respective problems and dilemas. I felt terrible for Rory being left all alone while Logan was on a plane to London, but I felt that he really did love her. As for Luke and Lorelai, you can really tell that they have come to a turning point and that they have to figure it out or bail. I cannot wait until season seven!!
  • Lorgen finishes yale and is leaving for London...Rory is heartbroken over the separation. Lorelai demands Luke and her get marriage right than when he hesitates she ends up running to Chris and I'm assuming something happened but I could be wrong.

I like this episode....but I want lorelai with Luke....it better work it self out.I know Lorelai wants to get married and I can understand that but demanding Luke to marry her right than and there did not help the situation. and don't get me started on Luke, hes wanted this since forever and if he don't be careful he is going to lose Lorelai forever. I can't wait for the premiere. I think the town being over ran with trubadours had very little to do with the plot and was unneccssary. Overall I enjoyed this episode and cannot wait for sept 26th.
  • not so great =

6.3
    this episode was a huge cliff hanger but i was also slightly disappointed... Lorelei had all the right to snap at luke nad tell him that its either now or never- he shouldnt have delayed the wedding just because of April. But on the other hand i dont agree with her sleeping with Christopher he isnt always their and there is always the chance that he will drop her. i hope that he comes through and sees that this isnt how its supposed to be. rory and logan... Logan goes off to paris and rory is left alone, but i think that she should go back to Jess. he was bad at first but he cares so much about her, Logan isnt intrested in anything but what he gets from rory... she can do so much better. ... i hope season 7 rocks! and fixes some stuff that happened in the 6th
  • On the evening of Logan's graduation from Yale, Rory throws him a wild party. Finally, Lorelai decides she was wrong to let Luke postpone their wedding for so long and delivers a tearful ultimatum.

I can't beleive that Lorelai slept with Chris. I know that she loves Luke but I don't think that slepping with your child's father is any way to feel better. She can'y destroy it now. Luke has waited 9 years for her and for what.

I think that Luke shouldn't have kept April a secret for so long if he would have told her earlier maybe it wouldn't be this bad.

Im glad that Logan's gone. I never liked him. What kind of person goes back to a guy who cheated on her.
  • In this episode Logan is finally depereting to london and leaving rory by herself at yale.after his accident rory wants to make all her time with logan beforehand special and memorable.After chatting with a shrink lorelai confrnonts luke about postponing

This episode is truly mind blowing to all.It is so sad and makes most gilmore girls fans want to cry their heart out. after watching this episode it is impossible to not be absolutely stunned by what happens.might even make you think it is an alternate universe of stars hollow.this episode will really make you rethink it and think about whats going to happen in the season premiere of season 7.Totally mindblowing i can barely beleive what has happened in the show.just like most of the other season finales this season finale leaves you on a major cliff hanger that makes you impatient about the premiere.
  • Season 6 Finale. Logan graduates from Yale. Rory throws Logan a party, because he is going to London. She deals with him leaving for a year. Lorelai tells Luke that they have to get married then, but he won't and she ends up at Christopher's.

I hope that Logan isn't gone from the show. The ending made me want to cry and I would be so upset about thatif he wasn't on it anymore! I heard his contract was renewed for the next season, but I also read an article on here that made it sound like he wasn't really going to be on the show very much. :(

I'm upset that Luke and Lorelai are kind of over too, but I started to not really like Luke anymore because of the whole April thing, so I guess she kind of needed to do what she did. I'm not sure how I feel about Christopher. I've always liked him, but he isn't a stable person he is always changing and sometimes he is good and sometimes he isn't so good.

I can't wait for the next season, but I hope it will still be good without Amy and Dan.
  • Partings has to be one of my favorite Gilmore Girls episodes so far.

Partings has to be one of my favorite Gilmore Girls episodes so far. I really loved this episode. My reason for loving it is probably all the Lorelai and Christopher scenes there were in it. I know that for L&L lovers point of view this episode is not one of the best episodes ever. And I certainly understand that.

There were some unforgettable scenes in this episode. For me some of them were where Christopher founds out that he has been set up with a date and he wants Lorelai's help to get out of it. But I think the scene that touched me the most is the scene were Lorelai and Luke have the big fight outside the cafe. It was a very heartbreaking scene. You could really see the hurt in Lorelai's eyes.

Whether it was a right or wrong thing for Lorelai to be with Christopher after the big fight is up to you to decide. For me it was a little bit of both.

As a whole episode Partings where a great episode.
  • One of GG's best episodes!

This episode was amazing! From Lorelai and Luke's argument about the postpoment of the wedding to Lorelai's actions with Christopher, this episode sure delivered lots of climax and suspense. Of course, this being Gilmore Girls, comedy was not missing from the bunch. It was downright hilarious watching Taylor Doose deal with the invasion of singing troubadors over Stars Hollow! All the town freaks and weirdos are what make this show so great. Rory having to deal with Logan's departure was sad, and I can't wait until we see the consequences of all of the events this fall when the new season premieres!
< 1 2 3 4 5