Gilmore Girls

Partings

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 09, 2006 on The WB

• Lorelai gives Luke an ultimatum and Rory throws Logan a leaving party. I think my views on this episode may be different to others, this was a great season finale.

Do you know what? Though she'll regret it and though it may be wrong I'm not annoyed that Lorelai slept with Christopher and woke up in his bed in the final minute of the episode. This is down to Luke, he is in the wrong - making Lorelai wait and wait for the wedding that she started in the first place with the proposal.

She even confronted him, I thought she'd knock some sense into him but instead he gets annoyed because she went to see Anna - get over it Luke, she is or well I guess now was your fiancé. It was a very powerful scene and without a doubt the highlight of the entire episode - the tears in her eyes - at first she wouldn't take no for an answer. She said I love you Luke over and over again.

And he doesn't even accept her desire to elope - he's gone passed the jerk stage by now. Don't get me wrong I've always liked him as a character but he's gone too far now. Rory was more of a side character here and that wasn't a bad thing. Her tearful goodbye to Logan was the best scene they've had all season and was full of realistic emotions. Wasn't sure about the English party though....I did like how she stood up to Micthum, yet again.

I enjoyed the music played by the many troubadours - it added a good, finale like tone to the episode. It was kinda cool as well how the episode started and ended in the same way - Lorelai in a bed - her eyes open and looking blankly at the screen. Can't wait for the seventh and final season.