Gilmore Girls

Teach Me Tonight

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 30, 2002 on The WB

• As the season draws to a cold, drama unfolds, Lorelai gets a scare of her life, and Luke takes the heat!!

Wow, what an episode, this is probably one of the least liked fights that Lorelai and Luke get into. Lorelai truly goes mother rage when she learns that her precious child is in a car accident.

I was sad for Luke, it wasn't his fault that things ended the way they did and it was touching to hear Luke try to defend himself and telling Lorelai that he cares about Rory more than even himself but Jess was his responsibility and its clear that despite the difficulties in dealing with Jess, Luke obviously cares a lot about Jess.

As much as I like Lorelai the character, there is a side to her that I don't always like, she can be a little thoughtless at times and this was one of those times. She tends to be a little too judgemental and a little bit self centred which differs her from Rory who is a little more down to earth and more open minded and able to put things into better perspective.

Lorelai turns to Chris but there is a look of guilt on her face when she overhears Miss Patty telling Babette that Luke made arrangements for Jess to leave town.

Tension builds in the series as we move closer to this season's finale of the Gilmore Girls.