Gilmore Girls

Teach Me Tonight

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 30, 2002 on The WB

• A very important continuation of the growing love triangle story arc and the maturation of Rory.

I have just started watching Gilmore Girls from the beginning on ABC Family and this story arc is very revealing. We are finally seeing Rory act like a "normal" teenage girl. Discovering love and loyality. She is confused and inexperienced. She has begun to lie and be deceitful. But this just shows more of her innocence and purity. While I don't like the treatment of the Dean character, Jess also forces the love trianle between Luke, Lori and Christopher. Yes, Jess is bad influence and misunderstood but he is very much like a young Christopher. And just as Emily wanted to choose a man for Lori, Lori wants Rory to choose Dean. I really love that fact that Dean isn't portrayed as a "bad guy" (even though he was treated just as badly as Jess when he first moved to Stars hollow). While it is the two love triangles and the maturing of Rory that are key to this episode(s), we all know that it is Kirk's short film that steals the show!
ABCFAM