Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

BBC (ended 2001)

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Fan Reviews (7)

• A fat, ugly and deranged women who thinks she is Catherine Zeta-Jones' double, and an open gay man who is also a struggling actor. Throw them in a flat together and what have you got? Gimme Gimme Gimme!

First watching this programme, I thought that it was mediocre and a bit silly, but now it is one of my favourite shows of all time!! Its a great comedy that should of been more appreciated for its work. It is defenitley worth a try. If you like such shows as: The Vicar Of Dibley, Only Fools And Horses and My Hero, then you will defenitly like this! This is, without a doubt, one of Jonathan Harveys many great creations, and should of lasted longer. There are also the occasional repeats on UKTV GOLD. Give it a try and you will love it!
  • Wondeful.

I on;y review what I love, and I don't think I love any other comedy more than Gimme Gimme Gimme. You can't watch this without laughing, it's like a more refined Bottom (which, to be honest, isn't hard). Tom and Linda are flatmates: a gay thespian with a slightly backwards, sex mad, flatmate Linda. Linda believes she looks like Catherine Zeta Jones while in reality she looks more like Sue Pollard in a wig - Tom thinks he's the next big thing, but just can't get a break - watch in amazement while Tom does everything from Sushi advertising in Tesco's to sofa adverts with homophobic gay men. You can't fault this show. It's a comedy classic!
  • Gimme Gimme Gimme Is A Very Good Show

I Watch Gimme Gimme Gimme On BBC1 Years Ago But Now Watch It On UK Gold The Show Done 3 Seasons And They Where All Good But When It Was The Last Episode They Didnt End It Well Like Tom Left And Linda Had A Really No Hair Now Tell Me Is That A Way To End The Last Episode NO!!

I Think Gimme Gimme Gimme Should Come Back The Show Was Really Good And I Think They Really Should Bring It Back BBC 1 Has Not That Good Shows And To Really Have Good Rating Thay Should Bring Back Gimme Gimme Gimme.

Tom And Linda Were Both My Best People In The Show
    Wost People Jaz And Suzes In The Show
  • The world cant go on without lindy and tommy baby

I have never actually been able to get over the BBC not having another series of this. I mean it is just pure genius, i dont think theres an episode when ive thought i dont like this. I remember being really excited at school when it first started, coz even at the previews i was on the floor in stitches. I also hate the fact the only fans of this show were the public. Lets face it one award in three years, i aint been funny, but its one of the best comedies of the last ten years. It seems that the BBC couldnt be bothered with this show either, dont get me wrong i love the fact its on DVD. But does any one feel let down that there aren't any special features on it or even subtitles. Anyways im ranting but BRING IT BACK!!!!
  • Lewd, crude, side-splittingly funny, and with James Dreyfuss and Kathy Burke engaging in verbal fisticuffs, whats not to like?

I never liked it at first, but gradually go into it as each episode got ruder and ruder. Tom Farrel cracks me up with his hilarious lines, especially his stinging abuse directed to Linda La Hughes. It always makes me laugh if ive had a bad day at work, so BBC, for the good of classic comedy....... BRING IT BACK!
  • What can u say about Gimme Gimme Gimme brilliant and really funny programme. Linda La Hughes is so hillarous the things she comes out with is a classic.

Gimme Gimme Gimme is the most brilliant and hillarous programme I have ever seen in my life the characters Linda and Tom r really funny and the things that Linda says r classic. They should bring it back on tv what a programme. Excellant Brilliant and really funny bring back Linda La hughes.
  • Gimme, Gimme, Gimme depends for its belly laughs on non-stop man-hunting that’s lewd, crude, and always futile. It’s a wrong-way, non-stop Liaisons Dangeureuses as would appear if written and performed by an uncensored crew from the old Carry On… movie se

Being a result of pure classic British humour makes “Gimme Gimme Gimme” a wonderful show indeed. Although sadly ended long before its time, this did not fault the DVD sales, so thankfully the show shall forever live on in that form. The show quite literally has a laugh every minute; the writing style is pure Gold! The sets to the show are quite limited, being restricted to scenes such as: The Flat, the Flat hallway, occasionally the road outside and a club/bar or two, but these restrictions only further the shows classic atmosphere. A hilarious show in which (to repeat) was ended LONG before its time.