A Girl Meets World Community
Friday 8:30 PM on Disney Channel

Girl Meets World's premiere is still more than a month away, but fans can check out the opening credits and listen to the full theme song, "Take On the World," now.

Here's the Boy Meets World spin-off's full intro sequence, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:

And here's the full track of the theme song, which is presumably a Disney Radio edit and clocks in at around three minutes:

The catchy, upbeat tune was recorded by stars Rowan Blanchard (who plays the titular "Girl," Riley) and Sabrina Carpenter (who plays Riley's best friend Maya), and sounds like the lovechild of Bastille, Mumford & Sons, and Hannah Montana.

What do you think of it? How does it compare to Boy Meets World's various theme songs from throughout the years?

And can you believe/did you remember that Boy Meets World's theme didn't even have lyrics until Season 5?!

Girl Meets World will follow now-grown-up-and-married Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel) as they raise their daughter Riley. The show premieres Friday, June 27 at 9:45pm on Disney (it moves to its regular time slot on Friday, July 11 at 8:30pm).

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/22/2016

Season 3 : Episode 8

Next Episode

AIRS ON 7/29/2016

Season 3 : Episode 9

18 Comments
Comments (18)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Topanga gets last billing? Boo-urns
Flag
Looks a bit like the iCarly opening
Flag
Staff
I still think its messed up that Cory grew up and was still called a boy.
Flag
The new theme song is fine for the new show, but I'm partial to the season 5-7 theme with words. The season 1 opening was good, but seems so long now.
Flag
Only thing worth in this article is video of Boy Meets World theme songs...
Flag
I actually really like this new theme song, even though some grumps are calling it "too poppy" and "overproduced." Can't please everyone, I guess.
Flag
The nostalgic part of me really really wanted the theme song to be a remix of the iconic theme song that came to be after season 5. I at least would have liked a little nod to the theme but I guess I will come to like it eventually once seeing it in use in the show. Im nearing 21 in october and my childhood would not have been the same without Boy Meets World so I hope that this show brings that feeling to a whole new generation of children, I for one will def be watching...even if it is on Disney *shiver*
Flag
THat being said I do appreciate how the Boy Meets World logo was revamped for the modern age for this show and the paper airplane was incorporated throughout. (Tv.com Really needs an edit feature for comments)
Flag
ALSO just rewatched again and at 27 seconds you can see topanga trying out the Hippy hair and clothing style she had in the early seasons. I am super excited to see what callbacks to the original they have in this. (Really need an edit button.)
Flag
God I feel old. That's sad when I'm only 22. Loved the show when I was a kid.
Flag
25 going on 50 :D...
Flag
27 & can't wait! Lol
Flag
I'm in the same 22 boat.
Flag
I'm 22 also and my friends and I feel the same way! We loved Boy Meets world and I don't care if its marketed for kiddies, I'm watching the spinoff.
Flag
Season 4 Theme of Boy Meets World is the best. The worst are 5 and on with lyrics. The Theme for Girl Meets World is too "pop" but I guess it fits with modern teen girls who will watch the show. I just hope the show is good, because Boy Meets World is a classic!
Flag
I agree -- I hated the singing parts. My favourite is the theme with them driving in the car.
Flag
No way! Season 5,6 & 7 is classic boy meets world just like 4! C'mon! Lol ;)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members