A Girl Meets World Community
Friday 8:30 PM on Disney Channel
Girl Meets World news is coming at us quickly as the show is currently filming.

First, what we've all been waiting for, Shawn is back! Well, at least for one episode. Rider Strong, who played Shawn Hunter, Cory Matthews' "Bad Boy" friend in Boy Meets World, will appear in a holiday episode of Girl Meets World, along with William Russ and Betsy Randle, who played Cory's parents. He even has a scene with Sabrina Carpenter, who plays Maya, the "Bad Girl" friend of Cory's daughter, Riley, played by Rowan Blanchard. The Hollywood Reporter

Topaga was always the smart one. Danielle Fishel has written her memoirs, titled Normally, This Would be Cause for Concern, about growing up in Hollywood, and some awkward and humorous moments she had along the way. The book has a September release date. Perhaps coinciding with Girl Meets World's premiere? People.com

Meanwhile Ben Savage is using what he has learned over the last 20 years and following in the footsteps of his real-life brother, Fred Savage and TV Dad, William Russ. He will be directing an episode of Girl Meets World later this month. Multiple cameras, a live audience and last minute script changes are no problem for the first-time director, since he spent seven years in the same kind of setting while filming Boy Meets World. I just hope he doesn't Cory this up. The Hollywood Reporter
29 Comments
Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm not planning on this show being anything grand. The past series was a success because of the characters around Cory. And, if a show is going to follow in its path, it should feature characters like Shawn in more than a holiday special, even if it might not be true-to-life.
Flag
Not holding my breath or anything, but I'm hoping Shawn and Angela are together. If she doesn't appear, mention her in a throwaway line or something.
Flag
Really want brother Eric (Will Friedle) to return married to a girl named either Ren or Kim and played by Christy Carlson Romano!
Flag
I hope he makes an appearance. He said in an interview a few years ago that he wasn't doing anymore on-camera work, just voice overs. But I'm hoping he changes his mind for this.
Flag
Hmm, I wonder why that is. He's way too funny/likeable to not be on-screen anymore. I guess voice over work is the easier paycheck.
Flag
Will Friedle's best voice over is Terry McGinnis A.K.A. Batman Beyond. Wish they'd bring him back in that!
Flag
Agreed! Such a great show.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members