Girlfriends

Blood Is Thicker Than Liquor

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM May 05, 2003 on The CW

• I would rate this episode a 9.0

In the episode \"blood is thicker than liquor\" when Toni went to her parents her it was the same house that Mya mom lives. Toni mom (Jennifer Lewis) is a very good actress, I love when she is on there. I would like to see Toni less selfish and help her mother out and go through therapy...........Girlfriends is a great show, but the later episodes are starting to fall apart. There is nothing else for them to do. I hope they find more things to write about. My favorite character is William he is so funny. So far it has been okay.
  • The Fresno Scene Made The Episode Great

Since getting TiVo in November, I've been recording and watching every episode of Girlfriends that comes on (both LA13 and BET). I love this show, but the one thing about this episode that prompted me to review it was the Fresno scene with Toni and her sister Sherri finally airing out their differences. It was so well written...exactly appropriate, funny, touching and true. The actress who played Sherri did a great job, I really hope she makes more appearances.

The "b" story of the episode with William and Maya was funny and clever as well.

This is one of the best comedies on television and it's woefully under appreciated.
  • Toni and her sister Sherri have a fight which leads their mother Veretta to drunkenness.

I thought this episode was great. Topni and her sister don\\\\\\\'t get along; and their mother, a recovreing alcoholic, is sad and angry because of it. This leads their mother Veretta,played by Jenifer Lewis, to drink and say some hurtful things at Joan\\\\\\\'s congratulations party for Todd and Toni on their marriage. I also liked Isaac Hayes\\\\\\\'s appearance. he seems as if he doesn\\\\\\\'t want to get in the way of Toni and Sherri arguing, and he doesn\\\\\\\'t want Veretta to get involved becuase he says to her \\\\\\\"I told you to leave it alone.\\\\\\\" In The end, veretta sobers up to see that Toni has allowed Sherri to be in her wedding.