Girlfriends

Everything Old Is New Again

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Oct 24, 2005 on The CW

• Joan is pursued by an older man; Maya is having trouble finding a new topic for her next book.

Though I'm not sure how I feel about Joan and a May/December romance, tonight's episode felt more like the Girlfriends I fell in love with. Nothing was extra or over the top. I loved how the girls were sitting around talking trash to each other, and nothing was too deep or too involved. The funniest line of the night was when Joan told the girls that her new potential love interest was 72. Maya, in her typical Maya way says, "Oh, helllll no...are you dating Frederick Douglass?"

Maya was struggling trying to find a new topic for her book, which resulting in her using every word in her "Word a day" calendar to express to William and later to her book publishers what the next book was going to be about. After a bunch of comical comments from William and a whole lot of blank stares from her publishers, she came up with a couple of ideas from her and The Girlfriends' lives for her next book, which the publishers loved.

All in all, this episode was pretty good, and hopefully a sign that the producers/writers were going to keep our Girlfriends just the way we love them: Funny.