Girlfriends Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Are the Girlfriends DVD really edited?

skyvolt2000

[1]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 27
    I taped most of the episodes of the show during their first broadcast and just started watching the dvds and I can't tell if they are edited or not. The only one I think might be edited is the episode where Joan takes X at a club Chris is at. I don't think that club music is the same. I'm still looking for my tape with this episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PrCGg

[2]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    skyvolt2000, these reviews might help you. They have reviews on the first, second, third, and fourth seasons: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/girlfriendsseason4dvdreview.html
    Edited on 08/02/2008 9:53pm

girlfriend21

[3]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 10

There is some editing, besides the music which doesn't fit sometimes. In the episode "Good Catch or Bad Hop", on the TV verison the girls sing "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we don't need no water let the burn" that part is cut out on the DVD, I was very upset and want to know why. This so disapointing that we don't get the series the way they aired on TV. The box is crappy, and we should get better, we deserve it too. When I see other shows like Martin, Ugly Betty, etc they have beatiuful packaging.... I feel like we are being ripped off...what is going on Paramount?

I need to write them ASAP!!!

ceddy06

[4]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 3
    I believe the music scene are edited most likely because of production cost or licences or rights... I don't know

skyvolt2000

[5]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 27
    Well I just got season 3 and discovered that the ending part of the wedding scene is edited. The song is the cover version of the song and cut from the original version is William, Toni's sisters, Todd's parents and Todd dancing before the girls pop up.
    I know this for fact since I recorded that episode when it first aired.

E_Queen

[6]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    Thanks guys...now I know not to buy the DVD and just tape the eps off the TV...I want the GF's as I remember them!!