Girlfriends Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Do U Think the CW will wipe of the African American Comedies

Jalman

[1]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 28
    do u guys think The CW will wipe off the African-American Comedies after Girlfriends, All Of Us, Everybody Hates Chris, and The Game come to an end, because i think when these shows come to an end they won't have as much black comedies or none at all ,The WB had no black comedies or dramas and The CW does follow a WB way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dzyres

[2]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 7

I think they really tried hard when they had the NERVE  to move all of the  African American comedies to Sunday.  WTFUDGESTICKS WAS THAT??!!  We have yet to see a drama starring all African Americans or mostly on  CW or UPN. I am sick to death with the  nonsense that they have going on MY9. Fashion House,  Wicked, and they brought in two new nonsense fillers. NONSENSE!! It as if we are only good for laughs. Are we clowns?? Oh, I've had enough!  Time to read a book or stay on my cable channels. The closest thing to an African American drama right now is Noah's Ark. I've just discovered that one. Oh, and the Wire. Long ago are the days of Soul  Food. Too much drama for me but at least it existed. If there are more then, let me know. 'Cause I get all of the channels and I'd love to be enlightened about what I am  missing!

Edited on 12/29/2006 2:19am

dabrattychild

[3]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    I hate for it to happen but if history is to repeat itself it looks as if it will happen.  The idea is a tragic one but but a realistic one at that.  It seems as if all the good African American comedies are always taken off the air prematurely and replaced with white comedies.  Hopefully, all the great African American sitcom writers, creators, and producers have some creative new storyline plots to keep on these great shows as well as to wave in some more.

Lyles20

[4]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 5
    No I don't think they will if they can help it. But they will have to search for quality programs or they will make blakcs more main characters in shows.

claudia40

[5]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    Yeah..
    Lyles20 wrote:
    No I don't think they will if they can help it. But they will have to search for quality programs or they will make blakcs more main characters in shows.

Hutton75

[6]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    No. I don't think they will.

ez1jb

[7]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 14
    The only reason THEY do is because we (African American viewers) by and large don't speak loudly enough when there is a great show like GF's that we like, or when they take a great show off. African Americans watch more TV per household than any other race in America-that definitely deserves more respect and reverance. But, we've got to let them know what we're watching-and that not only will we not watch candy-coated cr**, but we wont purchase the products that are advertised during the commercials. Look at the OJ Simpson special that was going to air on Fox, people spoke out, threatened to boycott and - bye, bye OJ!
    Edited on 01/16/2007 6:55am

ebbydmp

[8]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    ez1jb wrote:
    The only reason THEY do is because we (African American viewers) by and large don't speak loudly enough when there is a great show like GF's that we like, or when they take a great show off. African Americans watch more TV per household than any other race in America-that definitely deserves more respect and reverance. But, we've got to let them know what we're watching-and that not only will we not watch candy-coated cr**, but we wont purchase the products that are advertised during the commercials. Look at the OJ Simpson special that was going to air on Fox, people spoke out, threatened to boycott and - bye, bye OJ!

I agree with you that yes we should speak up, but also they don't even ask us what we like, even with the white shows. The networks will ask people or send out stuff to geta feel of what everyone is watching and what everyone likes but rarely are the people giving the feedback persons of color. However, one thing I would like to add is that there is no black show currently on that is worth saving. I love Girlfriends, but it has had it's run and it time to let it go. Joan can only dump someone so many times. The rest of the shows can go, it wouldn't bother me any.

ClaudeLv250

[9]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    Jalman wrote:
    do u guys think The CW will wipe off the African-American Comedies after Girlfriends, All Of Us, Everybody Hates Chris, and The Game come to an end, because i think when these shows come to an end they won't have as much black comedies or none at all ,The WB had no black comedies or dramas and The CW does follow a WB way.

I think you've forgotten that they did have shows like Sister Sister and Steve Harvey at one point. They're not foreign the black comedies - they just don't have them as a priority.

That said, I hope they don't wipe them out. They had the chance and didn't, but the future could be bleak...

ireeagle

[10]Feb 3, 2007
    I don't think the African-American comedies would be wiped out. Girlfriends might end this season and The Game might get cancelled after one season. All of Us and Everybody Hates Chris will continue, but I hope One On One and Half And Half return.

skyvolt2000

[11]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 27
    Half & Half is gone as hte cast has moved on to other projects. It woiuld be real hard to get most them back together. Chico has already stated he had no interest in doing the series again.
    The Game is safe since it attracts female viewers and that's who the CW sems to want. It's just backfiring for Veroncia Mars as that show's ratings drop.

kevinb4444

[12]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 20
    I like the game,  and everybody hates chris, even that all of us, but Girlfriends is a horrible show, they make African-American people loogk ignorant, when that's not true. You can't just put a few  hot chicks on a show, and then have horrible writing

ireeagle

[13]Feb 10, 2007
    skyvolt2000 wrote:
    Half & Half is gone as hte cast has moved on to other projects. It woiuld be real hard to get most them back together. Chico has already stated he had no interest in doing the series again.
    The Game is safe since it attracts female viewers and that's who the CW sems to want. It's just backfiring for Veroncia Mars as that show's ratings drop.

Well, UPN comedies have cliffhangers, but not as strong as the cliffhangers of WB comedies. I understand that BOTH the cast AND crew of one of the WB comedies, which have a cliffhanger, are completely unemployed. That show can be retried from beginning of its series with a new actors, new actresses, new look-a-like sets, and same crew.

newgrumpyrad

[14]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    unfortunately...... i have been pulled into the vortex known as All Of Us.... so at this point, any Cw comedy (besides Reba) gettin cancelled would really piss me off....... esp. Girlfriends, even though it's probably next, since it's been on for so long

just remember, if anythin every happens to Girlfriends, we have to immediately band together and get a petition goin to save it

on the suject of Half & Half.... i would still love to see at least rereuns of that.... cuz i only got into it near the end of the show....... if it came back that would be even better

ireeagle

[15]Feb 10, 2007
    newgrumpyrad wrote:
    unfortunately...... i have been pulled into the vortex known as All Of Us.... so at this point, any Cw comedy (besides Reba) gettin cancelled would really piss me off....... esp. Girlfriends, even though it's probably next, since it's been on for so long

just remember, if anythin every happens to Girlfriends, we have to immediately band together and get a petition goin to save it

on the suject of Half & Half.... i would still love to see at least rereuns of that.... cuz i only got into it near the end of the show....... if it came back that would be even better

I don't think we need to petition for this show, but we need to petition to bring back Toni. But which one of these shows (All of Us, The Game) should be cancelled immediately?

Reba is of course cancelled, but we have the five most discontinued shows that cannot be continued because BOTH the cast and crew of these shows are employed in other projects:

* Popular
    * Mountain
    * Do Over
    * Kevin Hill
    * Half And Half

But this discontinued show:

* MIM

Has BOTH its crew and cast unemployed right now, so there might be chance that this show can be retried from its beginning of its series without any haphazardous problems in the future.

lilkunta

[16]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 6
    Will Chico come back now? HIs stage play is done.

heroesfan07

[17]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 21
    UPN only got:
    The 3 comedies and Vmars and ANTM
    WB got:
    Gilmore Gals
    Reba
    Smallville
    Supernatural
    One tree hill
    7th heaven
    Beaty & the geek
    And all the pick ups that wuda been on UPN:
    the Game
    Runaway
    WB:
    Gossip Girl
    Aliens in America
    Life is wild
    Hidden Palms
    Reaper

CW is more WB than UPN!

newgrumpyrad

[18]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 2
    to answer this question with one word....

yes!

let's just hope the CW gets screwed royaly in this lawsuit...

THEY DESERVE IT!

they neglected Girlfriends and the game to the extreme, and all of us too... this network is clearly racially biased... and they do not have the right to be