Girlfriends Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Girlfriends 8th season

Do youn really think Girlfriends will return for an 8th season

liyah_lover01

[1]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 5

I love girlfriends so much. I would hate to lose one of my favorite shows in my personal opinion. its the one thing I look forward to every week. although this season is a little different from previous seasons with a whole new plot theme and storyline. I have came to an conclusion that it maybe the last season but the studios is waiting to give the news because its only mid season. There’s a series of facts like the poor promotion for the show, most recent tapings (most likely for the 8th season) have been frequently cancelled back to back. and hears the most fearing part the ratings are falling and I seen the list for the most definite fall 2007 prime time show lineup for the CW and Girlfriends was absent. although it was a really short list and the CW is probably still deciding on the lineup it may just be the last season depending on how there rest of this season goes. My heart jumped when I found out about the show coming to DVD (finally) but my heart will burst if the show is cancelled I understand that its just about money and girlfriends has been in syndication for a couple of years already BUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WILL DO IF I LOSE THIS SHOW I WAS 9 YEARS OLD WHEN THIS SHOW CAME ON (Monday SEPTEMBER 11, 2000- TOE SUCKING) & HAVENT MISSED AN EPISODE SINCE AND I JUST BOUGHT THE EXCLUSIVE UN AIRED PILOT EPISODE OFF OF eBay I can’t do it

"sorry for being long winded"

Edited on 02/27/2007 10:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ppunkinseed

[2]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 16
    I would hate to see it go but it's changed. I watch every single rerun that I can (a million times) and I bought the DVD yesterday so at least I have the first season and can't wait for the others as they come out. But it has lost something so I won't be surprised if it does not return.

Largo161

[3]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 3

What's the unaired pilot like?  Are there different actresses?

I'd heard this year's ratings were up.

Edited on 02/28/2007 8:40am

THE_WARNED55

[4]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    I want the show too go to an 8th season!

Hutton75

[5]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 7
    To answer one of your questions. The tapings are canceled constantly not with just this show but others as well. This has been going on for years. Studios also don't always announce their total line-up. Also the ratings are in line with the CW. So weeks there are several million people who watch tv and then other times there are less. And more importantly there is ALOT more advertising this season than any other.

zesty4pie

[6]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    Girlfriends is one of my all-time favorite shows. I have my DVR record the reruns even though I've seen them many times. I would hate to see it go, though all shows must come to an end. I just hope that when Girlfriends does, it will be a very good and satisfying ending. If all goes well with the season, especially with Toni gone, I think there will be an 8th season.

tigermichal

[7]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 2

The mall in my town has big Girlfriends posters promoting the show all across the mall... I thought that was nice, that's the most promotion the show has ever gotten.

newgrumpyrad

[8]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 2
    liyah_lover01 wrote:

I JUST BOUGHT THE EXCLUSIVE UN AIRED PILOT EPISODE OFF OF eBay

so how is the pilot?

u gotta hook us up with it..... i would kill for that

ceddy06

[9]Mar 4, 2007
    The unaired pilot are false rumors but the DVD is hella good. And I would love to see Girlfriends on for another season and a movie ;-)
    Edited on 03/04/2007 2:31pm

liyah_lover01

[11]Mar 5, 2007

ceddy06 wrote:
    The unaired pilot are false rumors;-)

actually i just bought the unaird pilot last week on ebay it was an exclusive copy on VHS and i should receive it pretty soon so when i do i have no problem with making dvd copies and sending it to you guys because i love how we as girlfriends lovers have been waiting for years for the dvd and the pilot would be a great addition to the dvd set so when i do receive it i will put up a post letting every one know to send me an email if you want one i also have recorded over 100 random episodes of girlfriends on DVD

heres the link to the ebay auction when i bought it for proof:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190085365159&rd=1&rd=1

Edited on 03/05/2007 1:06pm

lilkunta

[12]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    Hutton75 wrote:
    To answer one of your questions. The tapings are canceled constantly not with just this show but others as well. This has been going on for years. Studios also don't always announce their total line-up. Also the ratings are in line with the CW. So weeks there are several million people who watch tv and then other times there are less. And more importantly there is ALOT more advertising this season than any other.

What does it mean when 'tapings are cancelled'? That the show is not ready to tape or the studio was not ready? I dont get the correlation. Thx.

lilkunta

[13]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    liyah_lover01 wrote:

I love girlfriends so much. I would hate to lose one of my favorite shows in my personal opinion. its the one thing I look forward to every week. although this season is a little different from previous seasons with a whole new plot theme and storyline. I have came to an conclusion that it maybe the last season but the studios is waiting to give the news because its only mid season. There’s a series of facts like the poor promotion for the show, most recent tapings (most likely for the 8th season) have been frequently cancelled back to back. and hears the most fearing part the ratings are falling and I seen the list for the most definite fall 2007 prime time show lineup for the CW and Girlfriends was absent. although it was a really short list and the CW is probably still deciding on the lineup it may just be the last season depending on how there rest of this season goes. My heart jumped when I found out about the show coming to DVD (finally) but my heart will burst if the show is cancelled I understand that its just about money and girlfriends has been in syndication for a couple of years already BUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WILL DO IF I LOSE THIS SHOW I WAS 9 YEARS OLD WHEN THIS SHOW CAME ON (Monday SEPTEMBER 11, 2000- TOE SUCKING) & HAVENT MISSED AN EPISODE SINCE AND I JUST BOUGHT THE EXCLUSIVE UN AIRED PILOT EPISODE OFF OF eBay I can’t do it

at age 9 u watched & understood gfs? wow u were mature!

n3xt_l3v3l

[14]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    I was nine too.

liyah_lover01

[15]Mar 6, 2007
    wow you were 9 to so that means alot of younger kids are getting into more mature things at early ages so you must be what 15-16 now

Largo161

[16]Mar 8, 2007
    liyah_lover01 wrote:

ceddy06 wrote:

actually i just bought the unaird pilot last week on ebay it was an exclusive copy on VHS and i should receive it pretty soon so when i do i have no problem with making dvd copies and sending it to you guys because i love how we as girlfriends lovers have been waiting for years for the dvd and the pilot would be a great addition to the dvd set so when i do receive it i will put up a post letting every one know to send me an email if you want one i also have recorded over 100 random episodes of girlfriends on DVD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190085365159&rd=1&rd=1

That's very nice of you liyah-lover01. 

Hutton75

[17]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    Lilkunta

It just means that the audience will not be there. This is done alot around the finale or a special taping this way folks are surprised.

ceddy06

[18]Mar 14, 2007
    liyah_lover01 wrote:

ceddy06 wrote:

Now that's something competely different. I already knew Girlfriends had an unaired pilot but its NOT featured in the official DVD.

Jalman

[19]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 28
    have u noticed when u post topics like Girlfriends hit's the big silver screen, or Girlfriends 8th Season, you make it sound like these things will actually happen, can u plaese warn us first if its true or if its just a post.

liyah_lover01

[20]Mar 25, 2007
    i do that on purpose to get you to read my post thats how adversiment are done!