We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Girlfriends Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Mara This Is How You Make Amends for Ruining What Was Once My Favorite Show

yolanda6

[1]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 6

This episode was not good. The whole show is different now. I was thinking that the only way Mara could make up for this is to somehow at the end of this season surprise the viewers with this season and last season being a dream. It worked for Newhart and Dallas. This could all be the premise of Maya's third novel which instead of a self help book would be a fictionalized account of a group of friends (one going through a miscarriage, one getting engaged to a man she hardly knows after a few months of dating, one marrying a woman he forced himself to love , and the other finally getting her career on track after years of trying to find herself). The show would end at a book release party for Maya and at that party would be Toni, Morgan, and Todd, William and Joan (who are engaged) , Lynn and a nameless date, and Tyler Perry would make an appearance due to his interest in adapting the book into a movie. VOILA!! End of series.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dzyres

[2]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    Wow, that sounds really nice, It'd be interesting if Lynn was also ina commited relationship with Sivad and was completely opposite of her highly sexuallypromiscuous character. They did the dream sequence with Roseanne too.

yolanda6

[3]Oct 24, 2007
    Wow, that sounds really nice, It'd be interesting if Lynn was also ina commited relationship with Sivad and was completely opposite of her highly sexuallypromiscuous character. They did the dream sequence with Roseanne too. I GOT SKILLZ!! MARA NEEDS TO HIRE ME TO GET THIS SHOW BACK ON TRACK. AND MONICA PREGGERS!! WHY SO SOON AFTER MAYA'S MISCARRIAGE WOULD SHE MAKE ANOTHER CHARACTER PREGNANT? I WOULD RATHER IT BE LYNN WITH HER PROMISCUOUS BEHAVIOR FINDING OUT SHE'S WITH CHILD RIGHT WHEN SHE IS GETTING HER CAREER STARTED. THAT HAS MORE STORYLINE POTENTIAL. HAS WILLIAM EVEN TOLD MONICA ABOUT HIS NEPHEW SON? AND IF SO HOW DOES SHE FEEL ABOUT THAT? HOW DOES SHE FEEL ABOUT KIDS IN GENERAL? MONICA HAS NEVER STRUCK ME AS NURTURING AND MATERNAL. THOUGHTS?

Dzyres

[4]Oct 24, 2007

Lol. You and NL ought to holla at Mara. I think if Lynn were to get pregnant just as her career was taking up, it would be reminiscent of Toni's story in some form. As for Monica, it's obvious she didn't have any nurturing from her own mother, so it's easy to see why she may appear as if she won't have any maternal instincts. However, it is often that people who hadn't received that love and nurture as a child from their mothers, are more likely to want to be nurturing and have their own chidren to pretty much smother with love. Unintentinally smothering that is...

You know, giving them what they didnt have.

I also think it may turn out that William might not want a child and she does. This is probably where the nephew/son will come to light.

n3xt_l3v3l

[5]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 26
    I like that idea but the dream sequence is unoriginal. I don't know how they can fix this mess. For me it feels like Mara and the writers have no idea where they want to go with the series. It seems like ever episode is a filler episode.

If I was Mara, I would have plotted the ending of the series in the beginning so that the show could have some direction and follow a storyline. Now it seems like the episodes are all over the place. Every season has it's own feel to it and it doesn't flow right. Hopefully they're wrap it up well.

Hutton75

[6]Oct 24, 2007
    Yolanda6, Dzyres, NL,

I agree with you. As for Mara if she is in doubt all she has to do is read the VE and our thoughts!
    She will probably redeem herself but she needs to start listening to people with creative ability.

yolanda6

[7]Oct 24, 2007
    It just bewilders me how a show this good went down the tubes. A Different World had a wonderful finale, as did the Cosby Show. Roseanne I gave up on before their last season, but this reminds me a lot of how that show unraveled. If only Mara had the foresight to wrap up the show while the original cast was still intact.
    Edited on 10/24/2007 8:27pm

skyvolt2000

[8]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 27
    n3xt_l3v3l wrote:

If I was Mara, I would have plotted the ending of the series in the beginning so that the show could have some direction and follow a storyline. Now it seems like the episodes are all over the place. Every season has it's own feel to it and it doesn't flow right. Hopefully they're wrap it up well.

I bet she did have the series planned out. However when you have outside factors (Jill leaving, Richard T. Jones is out, a new Jabari and a new network to deal with) you have to change things.
    I bet this is all Aaron fallout from having to rewrite stuff to not include him. I bet by December things will be on track.

yolanda6

[9]Oct 25, 2007
    I bet she did have the series planned out. However when you have outside factors (Jill leaving, Richard T. Jones is out, a new Jabari and a new network to deal with) you have to change things.
    I bet this is all Aaron fallout from having to rewrite stuff to not include him. I bet by December things will be on track. Let's hope you are right skyvolt2000.

Hutton75

[10]Oct 25, 2007
    I do believe she plans the whole thing out. But one has to leave room for change and I personally do not believe she does that. It's the way she wants it. I know she was thrown a curb ball when R. Jones left, but what with the rest? She didn't need to cancel while all the characters were there. She just needs to bring out some more potential in the characters evenly. For instance, Lynn- why, oh, why, oh why, is that girl still in the same hell hole she's been in for years? That doesnt make any damn sense! She needs to make some progress immediately! Like next episode. Singing takes time, but girlfriend has too many credentials and degrees to go out like that. She could counsel people or do more seminars in the meanwhile.

E_Queen

[11]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 10
    Hey guys, I have been in the middle of a move and compu access was down. Question...is Monica really gonna become preggers?...or is this just speculation. After I read more of the post, I may find the answer, but any info would be great. Thanks.

n3xt_l3v3l

[12]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 26
    E_Queen wrote:
    Hey guys, I have been in the middle of a move and compu access was down. Question...is Monica really gonna become preggers?...or is this just speculation. After I read more of the post, I may find the answer, but any info would be great. Thanks.

Yup, Monica is pregnant. And I doubt they'll make her loose her baby too. Shambles.

Hutton75

[13]Oct 29, 2007

I agree with you Next Level. What a joke and a bad one at that!

E_Queen

[14]Oct 30, 2007
    Thx guys. I did end upreading it in another post. What a shame...Monica someone's mother...you guys hit the nail on the head...Shambles.

Vernita_Green

[15]Nov 1, 2007

I love the idea of Lynn coming up pregnant. Maybe then she will begin to act her age. I am glad she has a music career now, but how long will it last? (I'm very cynical, I know). I really want her to grow up and be a responsible, (and still free spirited) adult.

Anyways, I HATE dream-sequence endings because then I feel like I've been played for the last few seasons (but okay, these storylines can somewhat be labeled as jokes already!) I do love the book idea though because its quite obvious that the entire dynamics of the show was severely changed when Jill Marie Jones left the show...its a good idea to turn that negative into a positive IF they could at least get her to come back for the series finale. If not, it won't work. I think if they did the book idea, they should end with Maya reading her book, at a book reading, to a room full of people, with all the girlfriends sitting on the first row, older, with their families. Wouldn't it be great if her book was based on actual events with some slight modifications, (kind of like they did in Roseanne). If they don't do the book idea, I would love for the series to end with Joan FINALLY getting married.Either way, I think this show should definitely end on a high note. I hope Aaron doesn't get killed off.

(BTW any word on how his show is doing on FOX??)

yolanda6

[16]Nov 4, 2007

I love the idea of Lynn coming up pregnant. Maybe then she will begin to act her age. I am glad she has a music career now, but how long will it last? (I'm very cynical, I know). I really want her to grow up and be a responsible, (and still free spirited) adult.

Anyways, I HATE dream-sequence endings because then I feel like I've been played for the last few seasons (but okay, these storylines can somewhat be labeled as jokes already!) I do love the book idea though because its quite obvious that the entire dynamics of the show was severely changed when Jill Marie Jones left the show...its a good idea to turn that negative into a positive IF they could at least get her to come back for the series finale. If not, it won't work. I think if they did the book idea, they should end with Maya reading her book, at a book reading, to a room full of people, with all the girlfriends sitting on the first row, older, with their families. Wouldn't it be great if her book was based on actual events with some slight modifications, (kind of like they did in Roseanne). If they don't do the book idea, I would love for the series to end with Joan FINALLY getting married.Either way, I think this show should definitely end on a high note. I hope Aaron doesn't get killed off.

(BTW any word on how his show is doing on FOX??)

RTJ's show has yet to appear!!

neishababee

[17]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    my concern thus far this season is that every single episode has someone bawling in it. seriously? what's all the dysfuntion and unhappiness about?

liyah_lover01

[18]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 5

i loveGirlfriends and i be damed if i watched this show for 8 years out of my life being a faithful fan since episode one to see joan not get married, this really pisses me off. Girlfriends has been my rock for the last couple of crazyyear for me and i have been practical living through the show and i love joan to much for her not to end off on a marriage note. she has to get married they better bring in another actor because its a little too late forher to start anotherrelationship and get married unless there's a ninth season. how many times has joan startedto prepare to walk down the aisle and had some type of let down. come on its like she cant win for loosing. after last episode i went crazy i will not accept this. the show has to end on some type of good note where every body's happy. i mean lynn's character is already ruined because they portray her as some kind of crazy ass weirdo with no real meaning or substance. im glad she finally has a carer butdamn there's no real progression in her. every season shes from one thing to the next up untill last season witch is good.i could understand the show getting a little off track because of jill's departure (throws a wrench in the series plans)but this was like the one of the best all black comedy on the upn/CW network with realistic story-lines unlike the parkers, moeshaetc withto fictionalstory-lines, then they go and rearrange the show so crazy that the characters are all distraught. mya having a miscarriage is really messed up after she finally gets darnell back and another newhouse and her first two books published they had to go and put her back down a latter with a miscarriage and losing her book deal (the one thing shes been doing right the whole series) anddon't get me stared on william and monica because they don't need a child theremore business people then parents although they could teach him/hera thing or two about business. now I'm felling like the one show that portrayed black wemonat there best is going to far downhill. word of advice "better writers"

final thoughts: i will continue to watch the show but there has to be some kind of majorending to fix this mess

njbc

[19]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 2

I really don't think that dis series should be the last, Mara still have a chance to make the show better, if she would take some of the attention from THE GAME and focus more on this show. What happen to the girls hangin out on the weekends and what not, all of a sudden they've become house rats.Yes I do enjoy some of the drama but I'm startin to get a little fed-up of the cryin. Mara if you read this massages at all, PLEASE try and get the show atleast halfway back to its orginal state.

Edited on 11/09/2007 6:39pm

Dzyres

[20]Nov 12, 2007
    njbc wrote:

I really don't think that dis series should be the last, Mara still have a chance to make the show better, if she would take some of the attention from THE GAME and focus more on this show. What happen to the girls hangin out on the weekends and what not, all of a sudden they've become house rats.Yes I do enjoy some of the drama but I'm startin to get a little fed-up of the cryin. Mara if you read this massages at all, PLEASE try and get the show atleast halfway back to its orginal state.

I def. think that they are getting distracted by "The Game". I am also noticing that they may be running with the drama on GFs because we all seem so tuned in to the drama of "The Game", but the writers should know better than that..