Girlfriends Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

My Letter to the CW (please read and offer feedback)

yolanda6

[1]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    I am writing to you as a fan of the comedies Girlfriends and Half and Half. I really enjoy Girlfriends and hate the way you do not give it the attention of a Gilmore Girls or a Veronica Mars. For Afro American women such as myself, it is our Sex and the City, and it ( along with the stars of the show) deserve more promotion and press. As for the cancelled Half and Half, you all let a gem go with that one. And for what? The abysmal The Game and All of Us.  I could not even tolerate to watch the entire episode of The Game. It's just not a good show, and the premise is boring. A bunch of spoiled ,insecure women scared of losing the men in their lives to groupies. What fun!! Sorry but you all should have passed on this game!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jjackson411

[2]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 19
    I like the point you're making about Girlfriends not getting the attention and publicity it deserves, as well as Half And Half being cancelled But as far as Half And Half, I think you should point out that it had higher ratings than All Of Us. That will show that it was watched more than All Of Us. But I'm not too sure about mentioning The Game. It's a new show, and you have to give it time.

ez1jb

[3]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 14
    Nope, I think you're right on point about EVERYTHING. The Game blows. There is no way this show can grown and people can connect with it-because the world of pro football is inaccessable to most of us. And All Of US has been circling the drain since it premiered. Girlfriends and H&H deserved a lot more! I mean, no DVD for the 1st season of GF-come on!

Largo161

[4]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    This is slightly off-topic, but I saw a magazine ad for a DVD of the first season of Everybody Hates Chris.  I was like, "What? And still no DVD for Girlfriends?"
    Edited on 10/09/2006 10:06am

Lyles20

[5]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 5
    Who knows why some shows make it to DVD before others. There are some that have been out for years still no DVD.

hmnut7

[6]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    Yeah there are some great shows that never even discuss going to DVD and then there are craptastic shows that go to DVD like five seconds after the first craptastic season ended. No Reason.

Hutton75

[7]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I agree the wait is crazy as you all have said the timing for some versus others. ..I will never get.

dabrattychild

[8]Oct 7, 2006
    This is solely just an opinion but I like The Game a whole like better before they made so many cast changes. It seems unrealistic to me that Brittany Daniels is the new character. She doesn't fit the role of a mother of two that is insecure about her relationship with her football playing husband. I hate to be the one to say it but I really don't think The Game will last which is very unfortunate. Since I truly do like Mowry. But at least I think they will bring back Half and Half or One on One in its place. I totally agree about shows making it to dvd. How in the world is Everybody Hates Chris coming out yet Girlfriends hasn't yet? I suppose it will be like Living Single's on DVD in which you will have to way forever and a day before it comes out.

Dzyres

[9]Oct 10, 2006

I think this is why I thought the original wife of Cobey Bell (Baxter?) was a better choice. She seemed more of a insecure football wife and mother. I didn't believer Britt was his wife until about 5 mins in the show. I (I missed "away game") thought she was a new Sunbeam.

Now, "All of Us" was the show that I could not remember for my life on the new line up. I thought it was cancelled! They should have replaced that show with Half and Half. It's run its course. Now, "The Game" has a fighting chance. Get rid of Pooch and bring back Adis. I'm sorry but while Pooch is cute and all , he is not doing it for me acting wise. Adis  is more believable. I'm starting to rethink Britt. She is funnier, yes. but  the first wife was more believable. Only ting is, I wouldn't  imagine her sneaking to the away game  or having a blue light inher purse , lol She seemed too much of a punk for tht one.

One on One. I still think it's retarded but,  perhaps they can work it out,

free2eatcookies

[10]Oct 11, 2006

yolanda6 wrote:
    I am writing to you as a fan of the comedies Girlfriends and Half and Half. I really enjoy Girlfriends and hate the way you do not give it the attention of a Gilmore Girls or a Veronica Mars. For Afro American women such as myself, it is our Sex and the City, and it ( along with the stars of the show) deserve more promotion and press. As for the cancelled Half and Half, you all let a gem go with that one. And for what? The abysmal The Game and All of Us.  I could not even tolerate to watch the entire episode of The Game. It's just not a good show, and the premise is boring. A bunch of spoiled ,insecure women scared of losing the men in their lives to groupies. What fun!! Sorry but you all should have passed on this game!

i agree with u on the fact that they dont give girlfriends and half  and half as much attention as them other shows.but the game im gonna give it some time .besides i dont like girlfriends at first but now i like it

lilkunta

[11]Mar 31, 2008
    ez1jb wrote:
    Nope, I think you're right on point about EVERYTHING. The Game blows. There is no way this show can grown and people can connect with it-because the world of pro football is inaccessable to most of us. And All Of US has been circling the drain since it premiered. Girlfriends and H&H deserved a lot more! I mean, no DVD for the 1st season of GF-come on!
    1.5 yrs later do u like TG ez1jb?