Girlfriends

The CW (ended 2008)

Girlfriends Fan Reviews (116)

• I agree with a previous member, BRING IT BACK.

I agree with a previous member, BRING IT BACK. At least give us some closure. Let it end like it should've, not like it was coming back the next week. I hate to say it, but lots of shows with primarily black characters seem to end this way and it's just not fair. We'd like to see our shows last and again even if it was coming to an end, let it end right. It would have been nice to see all of the ladies either get what they were looking for or go off into the sunset looking as if they were getting what they wanted.

Bring it back...PLEASE!!!!! I miss it.
  • I have to say this show is the best. The actress and actors did awesome jobs and the show will also influence to young women that we face today. We would love the show come back and so we can enjoy the life that we have today. I have to say that thisis gr

"Girlfriends" was the one the best shows I have ever seen it!I truly miss that show. so bring it BACK!!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back. bring it back. bring it back. Bring it back. Bring it back. Bring it back. Bring it back. Bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back bring it back y
  • Bring My Girlfriends Back!

Since the very first day I picked up my remote and stumbled across my very first peek at the show, I was immediately hooked! It was soon after that that I saw a piece of me in each of the starring characters. From the youthful urban nature of Mya, to the manicured erratic Joan. I cited myself in the strings of each and every episode. I found comfort in Mya's fibroid removal surgery after I had cysts removed from my ovaries. I also connected with Lynn during her journey through celibacy(which I am still as of today). I even related to the excessive vanity of Toni. It truly feels as though A part of me was abruptly taken away. How do you finish a book if the ending is ripped out?
  • It's a shame that a good show like this isn't returning! I wish the CW actually read these comments so they can see how people feel about their shows and how most of them cater to the CW--"CLEARLY WHITE" PEEPS!

IF they weren't going to bring it back, could they at least have given the show(after 8yrs)and its fans, the common courtesy to have a finale? As desperate as Joan was to get married, we should have been allowed to see her have a wedding!They could have shown Joan and Toni patching things up!What about Maya and Dornell's decision to adopt and Lynn finally becoming successful?That terrible show Gilmore Girls was allowed to have a finale-I HATED that show!! Watched it once-twice to actually have an opinion. I hate shows where the kid acts older than the parents! The CW is getting rid of all of their good shows. What's up with that new show "priviledged". That's what the CW needs-another show about rich,spoiled teenagers-I don't think they have enough shows like that! When they get good, true to life shows like Girlfriends and The Game, they put them in the worst time slots then wonder why ratings are low! They should have kept them on Monday nights-even Sunday was ok. Now they are moving The Game and Everybody Hates Chris to Friday nights--a night when no one's home. This looks like the last season for both of those shows. Why not put Gossip Girls and that Priviledged show on Fridays?
  • Girlfriends

Airs Next: The CW at Sunday 9:30 PM (30 min.) ,
    Status: Ended, Premiered: September 11, 2000, Last Aired: February 11, 2008, Show Categories: Comedy, Drama. More Photos GIRLFRIENDS revolves around the friendship of three African-American women from different walks of life. They explore the many trails and tribulations that most women face today such as relationships, family, friends and other hot-topics that interest universal women. Whether is getting over a divorce, finding a career or simply looking for true love, GIRLFRIENDS delivers along with comedy and wit.

GIRLFRIENDS is a production of Happy Camper Productions and Grammnet Productions in association with CBS Paramount Network Television Inc. Creator Mara Brock Akil, Kelsey Grammer, and Regina Hicks all serve as executive producers for the show.
  • Girlfriends,I must say this show will be miss by many!

This is a great show. I can't believe they are canceling the one of few good shows that depict women in many different aspects of life.I am a busy woman who does not watch much tv but do if the show is worth watching and I can relate to the show. At least let the fans get a great finale ...Great show! It is both funny and deals with true life issues. I am very sad to see it go. Hopefully something can be worked out to save a great show. It has a lot of life. I strongly believe that!
  • Please allow the show to tape a final episode!!!!

Girlfriends is one of the best shows that TV has to offer. We all know that good things have to come to an end. But at least allow this good thing to go off graciously. I have been a loyal fan of girlfriends since the beginning and I would love to see Joan finally get what she has always wanted, for her to get married. We all need to get closure from this show. Just cutting the show without a finally is like watching a movie for 3 hours and just as you are about to see who done it the power goes off in the last ten minutes Ending the show without a final espisode would be a tragedy.
  • Girlfriends is the best show to come along in a very long time. Maya, Toni, Joan, Lynn, Monica, William, Darnell, Jabari are all great actors. There will never be another show like Girlfriends

Girlfriends has been cancelled. Only 13 episodes have been shot and they have all been aired. Even though the writers strike is over, The CW will not put Girlfriends back on for the remaining 9 episodes and they will not give Girlfriends a Series finale. The creator of Girlfriends is trying to get something done for Girlfriends but has no luck yet. I urge all fans of Girlfriends to call the following numbers to complain about the cancellation: 1-818-977-2525 (Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment (CW); 1-818-977-2537 (Traci Blackwell, Director of Current Entertainment (CW); 1-323-575-2380 (Nancy Tellem, President of CBS Paramount Network) or email Nancy Tellem at nancy.tellem@tvc.cbs.com Please no matter what don't give up on Girlfriends. We fans have to do all we can to try to get Girlfriends back. The fans of Jericho got the network to bring it back so I think the fans of Girlfriends will be able to get our show back. Girlfriends is not the lowest rated show on the CW yet they are cancelling it. So, let us fans stick together and get Joan, Maya, Lynn, Monica, and William another chance because I've heard that the creator was gonna try to bring Toni back and I know everyone wants to see that. So, please call in and email and don't stop til we get something moving. Much love
  • Love Seasons 1-6

Well as much Episodes i seen so far i thought this show was
    Great i like how there is drama and love how all the girls tell eachother stuff but then again they all keep their own little secrets but for season 8 not so sure whats going on but i kinda don't like it but we will see in due time what the writer is thinking about! and im a fan of persia white she is great so im pretty much watching it because of her so i dont like season 7 and 8 they suck ass lol sorry if you don't agree with me.
  • looking for a song

In season 3 when toni got married there was a song that was played and i wanted to know is anyone knew the name of it. It was something about "have i found my soulmate" I would really like it if someone could give me that info i can be emailed at lashondacele@yahoo.com
  • Girlfriends are about 4 african american women living in Los Angeles, this show is great! You get the best elements of a good show, once you watch it you'll be hooked!

I have to admit that when Girlfriends first came on I did not care for this show. But after a few shows I absoulutely loved it, and now I can't stop watching it. Everyday I have to watch it. I was dissapointed when Toni(Jill Marie Jones)
    left the show, because Toni whether you like her or not, she gives the show a spunk. I still watch the show but without Toni it feels like something is missing. I also heard about the producers trying to replace Toni, but nobody can play Toni like Jill Marie Jones could. All in all I love Girlfriends and im so excited that they put it on dvd so I can watch it anytime I want!
  • Amazing

I can not believe that Joan is finally on the way to marriage. Wow I did not see that one coming. The house that Aaron bought is comingg along and will be a cute house for the 2 of them and a family one day. It was a season finale that did not leave me in the air. I can not wait until next season.
  • Girlfrids is a great tv show. There is nothing else like it. This tv show seems soo realistic, I even try to act like them, i try to compare their lifestyle with mines. This show is outstanding

Girlfriends is the best show ever! I hope this show don't ever get cancled. My favorite is mya, her and darnell they are the greatest couple ever. I miss toni soo much, i wish she come back. I hope lynn never finds a house of her own, she is soo cool. I love william he is nice. joan, she is a great friend, without her they wouldn't probably still be friends.I watch this show almost every monday, and if i miss it i be sure to record it. I have been trying to go and buy the dvd, but its been sold out. you guys keep up the good work!
  • Girlfriends is my personal favorite, because it relate to women of different colors outside of television. This show really brings it home with real life issues.

I really would love to see Tony Childs return to the show, because she made the show complete. Also, Tony played a big part in making this show more exciting. All of the ladies bring something good to the table, but it just doesn't seem right without Tony in the mix. I really don't care for Monica, she came into the show too strong and that was a negative for her. If at all possible, please write Tony Childs back in the movie, it will definitely bring more fun to the show.

-Vanessa
  • Girlfriends is one of my favorite shows thats out right now. It has Drama, comedy, and alittle reality.

Girlfriends is the show that has Comedy, Drama, and alittle reality. Although One Tree Hill is my favorite show of all time, Girlfriends really keep me wanting to watch more of it. I did not get a chance to watch the last episode but I know it was good. My Favorite person on the show is Joan because she's crazy like I am and very smart. She knows how to take care of her self and she knows how to dress. Another characteristic that I have.lol Everybody that is reading this review should watch Girlfriends and if you do then Good For You.
  • I lovve the shows girlfriend. it might favorite show. I look at the show everytime it come on. eventhough i saw all the espisodes i still look at it everytime it come on.

I lovve the shows girlfriend. it might favorite show. I look at the show everytime it come on. Eventhough i saw all the espisodes i still look at it everytime it come on. All the girls or my favorite chharacter and william. I like the ways thay act and hepl them with their problem. All of them or all success women doing what they have to do,to get by. I like the friendship they even have with their friend williams.They should keep coming out with the show
  • i love maya because shem is funn an eencourgeS U A LOT

ifnisufgwav fnafbiaqpkf apfr fsafw dfnmvasdnf anva ddunaq sf fds aBsadvvaadas sa dsddsf dvsvsdv dsd sfd dsfF dfS Fsdfds fds dS fd fdsd sfds fd dfs s dfgfdgfd fg dsa sadg sdf sdf sf sd fsdf s fsd fd f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f e e ee e e e e ds d d d d dw aw fwa f fsd f df df s fds d d f d d fd fdf f df df fd fd f ere ref ds f sf
  • Girlfriends, is my favorite tv. show! The first time I watched the show I was hooked! Persia White, who plays Lynn, is my favorite! I am definitely a Girlfriends fan!

Girlfriends, is absolutely a fantastic show! It is actually a show I can sit through! The comedy, and drama is great! The show deals with real life issues, and I think that is very beneficial, for the viewers. Girlfriends, is my number one favorite tv show! I tell everyone about it, and recommend them to watch the tv show if they are looking, for a tv show that is funny, as well as witty! I must compliment the theme song to Girlfriends, I like the music, as well as the words! All the actors and actresses are fantastic and awesome!
  • Great show.

LOCA2000, Do you or have you EVER gone to school? If not you should and if you do, I\\\'d sue the school system to get any money that was spent back because your spelling is the worst I have ever seen. Good God! Perhaps you should get away from the television and pick up a book.
  • toni and tod darnell and maya

The show is still good but how can you have "Girlfriends" show without Toni, they need to bring her and Dr. Garrett back and put Darnell more in the show I love MAYA and DARNELL / TONI and TOD the best I can relate to those characters. Monica, attitude I love she bring spice to the show and joan is crazy and I wish she really get a good man and lynn is nasty but cool so I can honesty say that I can relate to everybody on the show except william but he would be a good guy friend to have
  • well this show is fun and funny i like i like lynn i think thats her name the chick with the tatto in her stomack looks hot im straight but that tattoo is awesome .well anyways i hope the show stays foreever its the besst

well the first time i saw was when the chick with tatto got attemp to suicide but ended up engage to this other women who is suppsedly depressed and how there friends react that shes engage withj sarcastism like whatever ts natural.and linn ends up not marrieng her.well anyways this show is great i like it its a funny black show with funny ladies wh dont say bad words.if only i could meet big willy hes is funn also the consided lady who has a baby and ,akes fun of the other chick .well this show rocks and ilove it go girlfriends ouch viva mexico aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • "BRING TONI BACK!!!"

i love the show girlfriends i watch it every time it comes on but i just wanna know where is toni?? to me she made the show what it is!!and i really think they should bring toni back into the show. and take monica out!!!but anyways keep up the good work!
  • Girlfriend's follows the lives of four African-American women living in LA.

I absolutely love this show. I first discovered the show in 2003 and I have been hooked ever since. I love the writing and storylines of the show. The show has become in a sense a "girlfriend" to me. Me and my girls discuss the episodes each week. We talk about their issues as if they were real:) My favorite character on the show is Maya. I love how the writers have developed her character over the years. And William--- what can I say about him. I wish I had a William in my life. It's good to see positive black men portrayed on T.V. I'm so happy that the show was picked up after the merger and I can't wait to see how things unfold in the coming season. Also, I want a Girlfriend's Box Set. Now, that would be an awesome stocking stuffer.
  • I love this show...

This show finally put black women in the light as to what the majority of us are...professional, independent, and comes in all different shades...I was tired of seeing us being deplicted as poor, on welfare, no jobs, and not having anything going for ourselves...Not since Claire Huxtable have we had any black women on sitcoms playing roles that are successful lawyers or business owners. I love this show. It's funny and sometimes informative and they aren't stuck up...well except Toni...lol...Love the show..I hope they don't cancel this one too like they did Half & Half...
  • I am very excited about the new season of Girlfriends and I am looking forward to seeing what is going on with the girls now. This is one show I never want to miss. The show addresses issues for all people and it is always entertaining. Go Joan!

Girlfriends is the perfect sitcom. Every week I tune in to see what the girls are up to now. I have enjoyed watching each character evolve and I have also savored the complexity of the transitions. Joan, Mya, William, Lynn and Toni are all people who each and every one of us can relate to in one way or another. The issues that are confronted in each episode are not Black issues or Women issues but they are People Issues and I am grateful that someone found a way to bring those issues to light in a comedic way. You can not watch this show without learning a little about love and friendship, commitment and sacrifice and unless you are in a coma you will be laughing the entire time.
  • 'Girlfriends' is a comedy which provides an open, honest exploration of the hot button issues about family, friends, relationships and life facing women today.

‘Girlfriends’ is hilarious yet it is a very adult show. I would recommend it to anyone. They cover all series topics such as aids, dioceses, custody battles, even the occasional cat fights. When you think about it one of the topics the show discussed are bound to happen in real life. They covered all of the bases. Although the results aren’t always good from their struggles they do what they have to do and in the race of life that always leads you to satisfying finish. That is what they are trying to show which is why it is a huge inspiration to me and thousands of women I give this show a perfect 100%!
  • I just started watching 2 seasons ago and it hilarious!

I usually didn't watch a lot of the shows on UPN and WB, but I liked this show a lot. It's very funny and it reminds me of Sex in the city a little bit ^-^ But its a pretty cool show. I like how they talk about guys and relationships and make fun of each other. Kind of reminds me of me and my friends. This show is like my guilty pleasure, because lately- I haven't watched a lot of comedies. My favorite character is Lyn- she always say something weird , but she's funny. Its a good show. LOL
  • Never got the credit it deserved!

Girlfriends has been typecast as an 'African-American/urban comedy'. It DOES have an all black ensemble cast, but it's so funny that sometimes I forget that. It's sad that more people haven't given this show a chance and that it isn't more popular. We need more shows that challenge people viewpoints of Blacks, Latinos, etc. Girlfriends does but it's also funny as hell. Too bad Jill Marie Jones won't be back this season :(.
  • I love this show, I hope they don't cancel it. Its getting better also, so please keep this show on the air!

Keep this show on the air UPN, I love it andn alot of women love it, its getting better and better with time. Joan is going nuts, and Toni is well Toni and I definitely want to see what happens with Maya and her husband moving away. Can't wait for the new season, please don't be cancelled. Well, we shall see what happens with the cw net work or whatever it is called. I think it was suppose to be renewed for a 3 more seasons on the air, I read that somewhere, I forgot once again. Girlfriends is the best.
  • This show was my favorite show I was so mad when I found out it was going off I almost cried.

Girlfriends was one of the best shows...no it was THE best show until it ended. I cried when it went off just knowing that a new episode of Girlfriends was going to come on later that night made my day. If I was having a bad day one day I'd just turn on Girlfriends and it would cheer me right up. It seems like T.V. is really getting boring now because they're cancelled all the good shows and bringing in ones that just try to copy off of the others and they're not even good. Girlfriends was a very good show and I'm at least happy that they ended it before it got too old but still sad they ended it.
< 1 2 3 4