Girlfriends

The CW (ended 2008)

Girlfriends Fan Reviews (116)

• Joan has a new boyfriend who is very active in the bedroom. But she searches his medicine cabinet convinced that she he is taking Viagara.

0.3
    This whole story with Todd & Toni and the custody battle is terrible. I really hoped that Toni would become responsible and grow up at least some but it's the same mess. William gave good advice and a forwarning "Todd's a good person and well you're..." he knew in court that if the right people were to come she would be buried alive. I hate that the family unit has been broken down like this and that this character has gone from bad to worst.
  • This show was once refreshing and enjoyable, easy to relate too. But over the last season and especially this one I now feel that it should have wrapped everything up last season.

0.6
    After what has been put on this season I now firmly believe that it should have ended nicely last season with the possiblility of television specials. The writing is awful and they are unable or unwilling to correct alot of the things that have gone wrong. They seem concern only with the opinions of themselves or certain viewers which is sad becuase without the other viewers they probably would not be on television. This show has turned into a disgrace a mother cussing out a newborn and making threats this has been done but Toni is the type of person you believe would act on it. To be benefactors of different organizations especially with & for children then to do this is sending a conflicting message! This is comedic in no way whatsoever.
  • Reagrding "Latching on and Lashing out". Maya and Darnell have problems but I think are capable of working things out.But Toni cussing out a new baby? This was stunning. I never saw her sinking to this.

What I did not understand was the cussing out of a newborn. Poor Lynn is unable to come clean with Jennifer this is not going well. The only thing worth watching was Maya and Darnell and it was so ecslipse by other non-sense until it was not half funny. After the baby was cussed out that did it for me.
  • Girlfriens and The Game shows!!

2.2
    Girlfriends: The show has taken a wrong turn and why is Joan so crazy? Lynn character is whacked! Mya was the best, don't mess her character up by damaging the Book career. Not good. The Game: Embarrasing, what Melanie is doing? That's so High School. Grown Women don't play childish games. Why have these shows taken a wrong turn, I don't get it? I thrived off these shows because the Women were Women and not little Girls. Now that Toni character is gone, it has taken a wrong turn and it's not nice or cool at all and why why
  • This show had real excitment especially in seasons 2 & 3 then it started to go downhill. Bad writing bad plots.

2.3
    It was really interesting during the 2nd & 3rd season then it seems that the writers did not know what to do and began writing confusing and incomplete scripts. I would love to see them fix all of these marriages. No friendship or marriage is perfect but it would be nice to see people grow to the point they can learn without so much crap in between.
    It is no where as good as it was. It has lost something.
  • This was once a very good show. But lately or for the last year the writing has been awful.

2.3
    This was a good show at one point. But last season and especially this season the show has been a big disappointment. Marriages breaking up without being given a fair chance. Lynn having a near breakdown over a jerk like Finn and then getting involved with Jennifer. Toni cursing at the baby. Joan be put into other peoples business while her own fails. Maya & Darnell needs couseling and all of these families need to be together there are problems all over. But the producers & writers choice the easy way out. William is the most stable & at times is the only one who appears to be level headed at all.
  • This show use to be very good. I watch the re-runs but it has lost something.

2.5
    I really enjoyed the show especially seasons 2 & 3. But things have been going badly the last 2 years. The writing and something I can't really explain. Change happens but it has been to quick and things are left not explained. Joan & William for instant Joan has gone on too several men non of them lasting. Toni belongs with her husband. And Maya & Darnell need to be in on-going couseling and poor Lynn doesn't even free float anymore. She seems more lost than ever. William is the man here. He seems to be the only one with any stability.
  • Where is Jill Marie Jones? The show does not click without her. My husband and I watched a program tonight without Jill and we missed her terribly. Do whatever you need to do to persuade Jill to return to the show. Thank you for your consideration.

3.1
    We watched the program which was aired on Monday, December 18, 2006. I do not have the title but it was about Mya wanting Joan to spend time at her home rather than going to Joan's home all the time.

The acting was fair. The major problem is that Jill Marie Jones is not on the cast. I am afraid if Jill is not included in future productions, the show will be cancelled.

I encourage you to do whatever is necessary to keep the program as we have all come to love it. We found it most difficult watching without Jill.
  • I actually get into this show, but it isn't a very good role model of African American woman or men.

The show is kind of hypocritical, they talk bad about anyone who isn't black or a Democrats, and that is judging people they don't know, which is like judging a black person based on their skin. They really are more of a stereotype of African Americans it seems. The one guy is always called a sellout because of how well he does and the way he acts, I thought the point of freedom was so people could act and be how they wanted, but they make him sound like a sellout because he has a good job, what message does that send to African American youth? I think some of the creators are white people, and they probably don't know about African American culture, it would be like me writing the show, I know slang and background, but I can't say I totally know African American culture. They make it seem like if the guy is a republican he is bad, so again they are judging a group based on a sterotype. The writers and creators have an ignornat view on all people it seems. The good points are the show has some really funny other jokes, and the characters interact well together. This would be a really good show if they didn't bog it down with agenda and propaganda against groups they don't like. They are always mocking or talking about someone that isn't good. The other good points are two of them are lawyers so they are successful which actually does show a positive image, and helps cover up the other negative images and steretypes that are in this show.
  • Season 8 is making it impossible to watch every week. What's going on with the writer(s) of this show?

4.4
    As much as I enjoy watching the show for the purpose I'm an huge fan of Persia White seasons 7 and most of 8 sucks big time. I don't know where the chemistry went after season 6 but whose ever in charge need to bring it back. I love watching P. White at her finest in this show but at this rate I might go back to watching Monday night football, the writer(s) don't seem to be doing what it take to hold onto its audience. I read in several blogs where fans of girlfriends are losing interest in this show.
  • stop the hypocrisy

Girlfriend could be a good TV SHOW if only they could stop being so hypocrite
    How in the world they call LYNN black, i do not know, because if she is black then what the heck am i?
    and even those who are supposed to be black do not really look that black. It is really hard for the dark one
    Girlfriend really emhasizes the fact that black women in America do not like to be dark
    And then, here we have Tony having a baby with GOOD HAIR. what the hell does that mean?
    Seriously people stop with that. You have a baby with somebody because you love the person not because of the color of his skin
    Would that kill them to actually put dark skin people on that TV SHOW since it supposed to be about black
    AND PLEASE STOP THE STEREOTYPES
  • Jill Marie Jones

5.1
    I watched one of the new shows and was ready to turn the channel, Girlfriends to me is not the same without her and Joan trying to use Monica to replace was a complete flop. In every show there is a favorite actor/actress that everyone wants to see. I\\\'ve talked to others that watched the show before and feel also that the show is not the same anymore. Goodluck
  • it's an ok show. Its not funny and uses old humor to try and spice up the show.

5.4
    Does anyone know the song that Toni walks down the aisle to at her wedding? All I know is that the lyrics go \\\"or have i found my soulmate\\\". PLEASE email me if you know the title/artist to that song. Ive been searching for it for months and i cant find it anwhere.
  • Lets Get Jill Marie Back on the Show!

5.5
    I used to love watching the show Girlfriends. Who let Jill Marie Jones leave the show. I thought the show was very humerous and exciting. Now, the show is dull and missing something. Its missing Jill Marie Jones. The show was about a crew of four women. The crew is now messed up because one of the women is gone. I know for a fact that many of friends don't watch Girlfriends at all anymore because they feel the same way I do. I believe that the shows ratings are going to decrease until Jill Marie Jones comes back to the show. Jill Marie Jones was my favorite character. Her character made the show interesting. She was the one with the flare, sassiness, and attitude. Now the show is just dull. I think changes need to be made.Lets get Jill Marie back on the show.
  • This show is missing Toni. It's a good show but it use to be a great show.

6.7
    This show is missing the full ingredience, Toni. It\'s not complete unless she comes back. Make it happen. How could she leave this important show. This is the only Africian-American show that addresses all the issues in everyday life. It helps our community to have a boader prospective on issues that needs to addressed. This show was a 10 in my ratings. It\'s not too late. Bring back Toni. Diversity is always good in a show.
  • Show could\'ve been overall a little better.

6.8
    When I frist saw promos for this show on UPN here in New York I said to myself this show seems to be stupid, a show about 4 ladies acting loose. I said to myself I would never watch a show like this. To me surprise I\'ve become interested in this show. However only the episodes that don\'t portray this women as whores. I liked the episode in which Toni and Joan broke up, the one where Donnie Mcclurklin guest starred on, of course Toni\'s wedding and other episode that didn\'t show Joan sleeping with different men. I think that\'s tacky. I know some will say oh, its just t.v, but realize our youth really admire, no practically worship the lifestyles of celebrities they watch on t.v and think that if they do it even though its acting, its cool. I just felt the show would\'ve been better overall if they would have made it sort of a family-high moral type programming.
  • Bring Toni back, keep Monica, and lose the personal trainer!

I am a fan of Girlfriends but it went down to me when Toni was longer apart of the group. You can tell that it's missing something. I hope that the creators don't think that Monica's character makes it better because it doesn't. I personally hope that the creators don't try to ease the personal trainer in on the slide. Why can't they just bring Toni back? Girlfriends use to be my favorite show and now it's just another show. I think that they should just go back to the original. Bring Toni back, keep Monica, and lose the personal trainer because she's not funny.
  • This show could be better. It more of a soap opera than a sitcom.

There is too much drama in this show. It is full of nothing. Jone like William and vice versa. Tony is a snob. Mya has relationship issuse. And Lyn has issuse. It is nothing new. It is too predictable. Most of the time is is not even funny at all. I suprised the show lasted as long as it did.
  • Repetitive?

Girlfriends at it's start was a funny show that delievered laughs with a group of friends' antics. But now it's just another show with a few better jokes than most. Sadly this show was gotten into a cycle like a lot of shows do after two seasons these days. Every episode Joan has a new idea and one of her friends is either breaking up or is getting back together with someone. In other words....it's boring! Why can't couples stay together? Why is Lynn so crazy? Why is Joan...Joan? These elements would've gotten this show off the air during the golden years of TV. Don't get me wrong the reruns still crack me up.
  • Please go back to the original plan when Joan had a real life and a job, when Mya wasn\\\'t acting foolish with her husband. It was stupid for Tony to treat Todd so badly? No gay content it\\\'s prime time.The ladies got silly and are losing, it. I love W

7.4
    I used to love and look foward to the show. Please save the show. I am still keeping hope alive. Lynn needs to get a job. The show used to be a 10 now it\\\'s leaning towards a 6. We need to see more positive things happen, kids are watching.
  • A witty way to live with your girlfriends!

Lots of drama! Every girlfriend has her own lifestyle... and they all talk about men issues, fashion, uncertainty and more! Every woman must watch because this show shows you what it's like to live life as a woman!
  • please bring back "girlfriends" the fans deserve to have our show back or at the very least give some type of closure. also keep the dvd's coming

girlfriends was a great. it was a good show for young woman and the fans deserve some closure to a great show. how about a made for tv moive 2hrs or 4 hrs over one day or two days. we deserve to see Joan get married and to see William and Monica have their baby, and Lynn getting her act together finally and maybe even bring Toni back so and have her Joan once and for all work out their issues and of course Maya and Darnell. bring the show back or give us something.

give us our show back
  • I loved girlfriends until they lost Tony and switched stations and now in the TV graveyard...shhh, I didn't say that,lol. But this show isn't the same. Even this picture with the three of them, they look lost and incomplete. Still love them though.

I loved the combination of girlfriends with Tony in the mix. This new addition Monica, isn't quite the right fit. I do not like the acting in this show. Sh e is also not right for William at all. Although fictional, it would be nice if it flowed. Monica is too (uppity) for William It's in her walk, her talk, her mannerisms. She's rigid. A wonderful actress but too big for this part. She looks like she belongs on Dynasty or something more showing her in a dynamic way. She is too pwerful an actress for this part.
  • Used to be good!

7.6
    I came into this show doing its hiatus of re-run seasons a few years back and I became an instant fan, until recently.

Althouth, I believe that Girlfriends is just the black version of HBO's Sex and the City.....I still love it, because I can identify with it.

The show centers around four freinds and the up and down's in the friendships and personal relaionships with men.

The show was very entertaining during it's earlier years, but from season five and six I truly believe that the show has lost it's way.

Overall, a great show that has lost it's way.
  • Love it!

I love this show. Although lately, some people have been debating on the way the show has been going, I feel the show is doing fine. The ladies are evolving and if you can't except change, then there's no point in watching the show. This show is brilliant. The writing is excellent and the story lines are entertaining and hilarious. I will continue to watch "Girlfriends", and I encourage anyone who is looking for some prime time fun to tune in as well. This show gives you an inside look at four African American women, trying to succeed in life; and better yet, they do it in comedy and style. This is a classic, and one of my favorites.
  • This is a pretty good show.

This show is pretty good. It was sad when Tony was out of the show I wonder if she will make an appearence again in Girlfriends. Season one just went out on DVD. The show has changed a lot they are all growing up and looking a little bit different. When Darnell and Mya got back together it was great bcause they are so cute together. Do you know what happened to Monica and William? I saw the wedding episode but I didn't see the part that said what happened if they get back together or not if you know please tell me
  • It's time when I like and dislike the show.

And mainly when I dislike the show it's only the older episodes. The new episodes get better and better with more insightment and dialouge. This is a show that I can watch and I'm a teenager. But I grow up on black shows so this should be nothing new to you people :). I watch this show whenever I can and I just like it. Now when the new shows start coming out...you better believe I'm watching it.
  • More drama in this dramedy, than comedy!

This show went from a hilarious show, into a decent show only because the fact that the writers aren\'t putting any comdey in this dramedy. I love this show, don\'t get me wrong. But lately, I haven\'t been getting REAL good laughs out of it. And also, the show seems like it\'s confusing. One episode it\'s all about one thing and it\'s like a cliff-hanger episode and then the next episode there is a new plot. But I\'m not giving up on this show though. It\'s only the beginning of the season and I have hopes for this show to improve. I\'ll continue watching every Monday night!
  • I LOVE GIRLFRIENDS! The girls on Girlfriends have become "my" girlfriends over the years.

I live in Canada and I have been watching Girlfriends for a few years now. Especially since BET has started to air it. Girlfriends is such an awesome show. In one episode you may laugh, cry, get fustrated or actually stop and think about the hidden messages the show is trying to ... well show you. Within each season you can see the changes in the characters and their lives. You can "grow" with them. And for that I believe that the show will go on as long as Friends (or I really hope it does).
  • It's hilarious!

I love this show. Eventhough most of the cast is female it's still intresting to watch. I love how each character is different. Toni- obsessed with herself. Lynn- undicaplined. Maya- knows everyone. William- loyal in a weird way. Joan- Tries too hard.
    Each character is funny in their own way. I reccomend girlfriends
< 1 2 3 4