Glee

Ballad

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 18, 2009 on FOX

• The Glee club are paired up to sing a ballad, starting with Rachel and Mr Shuster singing endless love, which leads to Rachel developing a crush on him! Meanwhile Finn goes to Quinn's parents house for dinner, but things don't go well.

I love Glee, but this is one of the weakest episodes so far IMO. Rachel's crush on Mr Shu was just stupid. The show is a comedy, but Rachel - while neurotic - isn't usually this daft. I didn't buy Finn suddenly being Kurt's best friend either. The Finn/Quinn storyline looks like it might peter out soon as Puck blurted out he's the daddy to Mercedes - another out of character moment.
    However, for me the biggest weakness of this show was the insipid songs. For a ballad episode, we had only one real ballad duet - Endless Love. I like Finn but he is the weakest singer, yet we get two songs from him. The only song I really liked was the group Lean On Me.
    I still love this show, it is so much fun, but we need better songs, more Sue Sylvester and not so much out of character behaviour.