Glee

Ballad

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 18, 2009 on FOX

• Mr. Shue tries to get the members to express their emotions through ballads. Due to a member's absence, Rachel and him are paired, causing her to see him through new eyes. Things quickly get out of hand. New baby drama for Quinn as Finn meets her parents.

This was top 3, if not my favourite episode. The initial ballad of 'Endless Love' was extremely well done. I loved the voice overs where you got a glimpse into some of the character's minds. Mr. Shuester's facial expressions were priceless in response to Rachel's love crazed ones. Suzy Pepper, the constant awkwardness of the situations and the 'Young Girl/Don't Stand So Close to Me' mash up made this a very memorable episode for me. Not to mention the baby drama and the emotional scene with Quinn and her parents. I bawled. When her father got up, I assumed (well, hoped!) it was to hug Quinn, but when he kept walking, I could really empathize with Quinn. I would have been heartbroken and felt so betrayed. And the fact that her own mother wouldn't stand up for her in her time of need was devastating and sad. I thought this episode gave strong insight into Quinn's life and gave the audience a chance to get a better understanding of her character by seeing her homelife and meeting her parents. It made me respect Quinn more as a character as I was able to observe the type of parenting she has had and the expectations her parents have had for her. The whole purpose behind the idea of 'Glee' is to over emphasize stereotypes and make fun of them. The characters are way over the top, and Rachel's obsession was hilarious because it was so exaggerated. When discussing 'Glee" with peers, this episode always comes up. Two thumbs up. I loved it.
CW