Glee

Britney 2.0

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 2012 on FOX

• Much Better than The Last Britney Tribute

I liked Britney 2.0 but I REALLY wanted to LOVE IT! I mean this is Glee for crying out loud and I am a major Gleek!

I liked how they showed cased Brittany being sad because we really haven't seen a depth to her character before and it was nice that they showed that I also liked Brittany's plan it was surprisingly good LOL!

I am liking the New York sections more and more AKA The Rachel and Kurt show!

It's really awesome to see these two former McKinley Grads try to make it in The Big Apple!

Marley is defiantly my new favorite character not only is really pretty but she is a fabulous singer and actress I cannot wait to see more and more of her!

Jake's storyline was really nice too however I hope that he isn't with his current girlfriend 4 too long!

All in all I think this episode was a total step up from Glee's 1st attempt at Britney however I still didn't love it, there was just something about it that I couldn't love it but I defiantly think it was much better than Brittany/Britney from two years ago.
  • Britany 2.0

An in your face reminder of how much I can't tolerate Britany Spears music. The only parts that were worth watching were Cassandra, Puck, Marley and Jake. It SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hit and Miss

This episode was definitely weaker than last week's premiere.

Brittany's breakdown was weirdly handled, but her performance of Gimme More was hilarious.

I loved Santana's short appearance, and the end when Brittany is looking at Santana's unavailable status, is seriously heartbreaking.

Her heartache about missing her was well done.

Jake is now in Glee Club, and Puck shortly showed up, in one of the most bizarre scenes ever.

Stopping by from LA just to tell me him something, yeah right? If he would've at least stayed.

But it was nice to see Santana and Puck for sure.

Sweet Emma showed up too :).

The whole Rachel in NY thing wasn't this interesting this week. Of course Brody likes her, and came on to her. And it seems she wants to move on from Finn, too.

They also resolved Cassandra's storyline a little already.

And Jake being with Kitty? Where did that come from? That was seriously a stupid and kind of illogical move.

The songs were better than I thought. I liked what they did with Oops...I Did It Again!

My favorite's were You Drive Me Crazy/Crazy and Everytime.

Well, all in all, a weaker episode. I hope next week will be better again.
  • this is not why I watch Glee

I think season 4 has started badly and way under expectations. All the hype through summer, and now? The first Britney episode was much cooler, the songs in this episode weren't that sparkling, the only really cool performance was the one by Artie and Blaine (mash up containing Boyfriend by Justin Bieber). It was really nice to see Puck again. But the ignorance and naivity of Brittany was exaggerated. Very cool: Mr Shue's line: Lip sync is like blood doping , hilarous
  • Great.

I loved this episode. I thought the ending was fantastic and really showed a new side to glee and made it exciting for the future episodes, with Rachel and Brody and the teacher, all those scenes were fab. I also liked the chemistry between Marley and Jake, but really is it really beliveable that he'd be with the head cheerio?! I don't think so but can see why the writers have done it. Loved seeing puckerman back too!

As for the Britney tribute 2.0 i thought it was fab. I did hesitate a bit when i heard, what songs would they sing etc. but i thought that the meltdown storyline was brilliant, espeically when she nearly shaved her head! My favourite songs were Counting 3 with Sam, Tina and Joe (I loveee Joes voice, i really hope they give him a good few solos, and Sam too, and Tina complimented them both really well, great song) and Crazy with Marley and Jake (loved the way they sung the song and they both have amazing voices, refreshing and new for the show.)

All in all i loved it really. Am looking forward to next weeks after that ending. :)
  • Was Britney 2.0 good KiKi?

I actually loved this episode, Although Marley and Unique are my new favourites I found Womanizer a little pointless and rushed, and the storyline between Marley and Jake doesn't interest me. Jake now dates Kitty,(The new Finn and the new Quinn) Which can only mean she will eventually get pregnant. However, Brittany was amazing, I found it genious of how they turned her breakdown into Britney Spear's with her Lip-synching, I felt like they understood how annoying it is when Britney doesn't sing live. People who are big fans of Britney may find this episode offending as it goes through her Britney's breakdown such as the shaving hair. If you are a Britney fan you really shouldn't be offended because the whole concept of the story was showing that what Britney went through and she came back stronger, and thats what Heather Morris says. I'm not a big fan of Britney and I loved what they did. Rachel and Brody's storyline was great too, we see how Finn and Rachel's relationship is weakening and Brody and Rachel's relationship is getting stronger. Puck returning was a little strange that he just turned up, but it was fantastic for him to finally encounter his half brother and give some advice. The ending was heartbreaking for Brittany as she is waiting to Skype Santana. Overall this episode was amazing and I can't wait to see what more is in store and see the originals return :D
  • Oops Rachel did it again

Yes, Rachel did it again. Far away, the best performance of the weak was Rachel trying to impress Cassandra. This weak, Glee fell into a no-heart episode and big part of the storylines had place in Ohio. With this "Britney 2.0." episode, I discovered two things: a) Marley's voice is excellent but her story sucks. 2) New York's arc is far better than Glee Club story. I hope that Ryan Murphy discovered that Blaine and Tina have the potential to increase our interest in the Glee Club because I feel that I only see Glee for New York story.
  • don't do it again. waste of time and effort.

This episode kinda cheapened the original awesome Britney episode they did...

I didn't think this was a very good episode at all. There reallyreally is no reason to do a second Britney spears episode. ESPECIALLY if you are going to reuse jokes. Santana's delivery of "Leave Britney alone!" in the choir room in the first Britney Episode was much better than the random passerby who shouted it while Brittany was attacking the jewish reporter kid. The song and dance sequences were so much better in the opiate induced haze of the dentist's office the "Hold It Against Me" number done by *underage* girls in cheerleaders uniforms bordered upon obscene. Rachel's big number to prove that she is "sexy" didn't showcase her sexiness at allpretty much all she did was, umlay on a table? Get picked up by much sexier people around her who were doing lots of sexy dance moves? And the ENTIRE episode revolving around Brittany's "descent" that was based entirely upon Britney Spears' meltdown was just forced and contrived. I understand the message they were getting at but it was way over the top. Maybe one Britney spears meltdown allusion would've been good. But to throw them all in? To the point where Brittany almost shaves her head? No. Bad Glee. Bad bad, go back to the choir room and try again.
  • The more things change, the more they stay the same

(Spoilers ahead).

Oh, Glee. You never disappoint. Just when I think you zig, you zag! And then when you've made me think that you might zag again, you zig! Which is my obnoxious way of saying that even in a new year with new characters and a new city, glee still did what it does best; deliver a great episode, and follow it up with an episode that just makes you sit and think "wtf did i just watch?"

I did not have high hopes going into the season 4 premiere, what with adding new people, the absence of most of the old people, seemed like it wouldn;t work. But it did, impressively. So much I was looking forward to the second episode.

That was a mistake.

This episode was just... off. On so many levels. For one, we all know Brittany is dumb, and in a logical sense, it makes sense Sue would kick her off the Cheerios. But in a Glee sense, it is surprising they would acknowledge it, because if they wanted to get logical, that doesn;t explain the rest of the episode.

Second, and this is another plot hole in the road of Glee which is literally so filled with them you can;t take one step without tripping over one, this is not the first time Brittany has given up her high pony. It's not even the second, techinically. When Will pulled the old seduce-and-destroy on Sue in season 1 and she fell apart, the Cheerios were all lost souls and didn't know what to do with themselves. However, the unholy trinity all stopped being Cheerios in season 2 and while Brittany admittedly dressed oddly, she could still function. Maybe it's because this time she was given the boot, but this is not the first time she stopped being a Cheerio.

Also, this really shouldn't have been a "tribute" episode, because as a tribute, it was just mean. It was a "look at the all the mistakes you made and how much of a trainwreck you were and we all had a good laugh about it" tribute. Yes they still sang Britney songs but it;s not a tribute if you have your character act out all the mistakes whoever they;re tributing made for a laugh. That;s a Dean Martin roast, which is supposed to be funny, but just makes the audience uncomfortable and makes the "tributee" feel awful.

My next problem with this episode was they wanted to tell us everything as opposed to showing us. Unique basically just comes up to Marley and says "We;re besties now; deal with it" and then there was the whole Jake and Marley thing. Don;t get me wrong, they do seem like they;d be a cute couple and their number in the bleachers was great, and Jake putting his jacket around her was adorable. BUT it seemed like in the premiere they were setting up Marley and Sam to get together. Maybe it;s the whole she;s a sophmore he;s a senior thing but their "Dude, you can sing" scene? Reminded me a lot of the season 2 scene where Quinn cleaned slushie off Sam, where sparks were flying and a romance was blooming. But in this episode they had Sam also be the one who saved Brittany from her spiral which was sweet but also odd because it's like, now they don;t have a girl for Sam so he;s going to go around and be the savior for all the glee girls when they need one? Or are they trying to make him the new Finn in the way that he;s trying to keep the club together?

Speaking of Jake and Marley, the he and Kitty are dating thing really came of nowhere. Seemingly they weren;t dating at lunch that day so when exactly did they have time to get together? And even though Jake is such a "womanizer" they;ve portrayed him as a tough guy with a sweet soul, so would he really be attracted to a vapid girl like Kitty? That was another tell instead of show, for which I;ve only come up with two possible reasons: either they want another Finn-Quinn-Rachel-like love triangle, but the problem with that is Finn and Quinn were already together when the show started, and we have no idea or reason for why Jake and Kitty are dating. The only other thing is that you think they;d want Kitty to join glee and this would be her way in, but it still doesn't seem likely, even by glee standards.

And the biggest facepalm of the night goes to "How I Met My Half-Brother." When it was established Jake was Puck's half brother I, like most fans was excited to see when Puck would find out and how they would evantually meet. And being glee, they did it in the cheapest, most unsatisfying way possible. First off, I don't know when the last time Ryan Murphy and the creators of Glee looked at a map was, but California and Ohio are not exactly close. Unless Puck is charging a hundred dollars for every pool he cleans, how did he make it to Ohio from L.A. and back so quickly? One of glee;s biggest vices has always been that they claim to be so poor, but they have flashy new outfits for every number. that is the kind of suspension of disbelief i can swallow. but being able to believe that someone who just graduated high school is able to fly halfway across the country and back? the charatcers of gossip girl would be able to do that (not that they ever would) but the characters of glee? i don;t think so. They should;ve found another way to get Jake into glee, it shouldn't have come from will. If the show cared about their fans or their characters or the actors portraying them, Puck should've met Jake around Thanksgiving or something, when it would;ve the tiniest bit more plausible.

I;m not even going to get in to the Rachel and Kurt stuff because as much as it sucks to admit it, the show is at the school, and the other stuff just feels stiff and forced. Like some of the stuff at the school, but still.

I still like the new characters and will be watching to see where it goes, but Glee is still up to its old tricks.
  • Nice episode

so I was really skeptical with the cast renewal but now I really enjoy the new characters. At the biggining, I was like they're going to replace the characters by similar ones... a new rachel, a new mercedes, a new quinn.... but in fact we discover little by little that they are completely different.

Finally the new casting bring some fresh air to the show...

I am not totally convinced by the NY parts even if I find Kate Hudson really great (I like it when she plays the "mean" girl!) and the character of Brody is nice....

But I can't wait for next episode with SJP!!!!!
  • best episode

4.5
    well i must say this is my best episode of the movie, it had all the spies a movie should have music, body movement, intrigue, laughter and so many more. see or for more on musical movies.
CW