A Glee Community
FOX (ended 2015)

Please let this be part of one of Glee's over-the-top dream sequences!

The Fox musical is bringing back Max Adler, who played McKinley High bully Dave Karofsky, for a major arc in the show's final season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Adler will appear in at least four of the show's final 13 episodes. However, the real head-scratcher isn't just that he's returning to the series, but how: When we next see Karofsky, he may be romantically entangled with Blaine. Yes, Blaine. 

It's a baffling report not only because Blaine and Kurt ended Season 5 on a very good note, but also because in Season 2, Karofsky bullied Kurt relentlessly for being gay. In fact, it was largely because of the terrible treatment Kurt received from Karofsky and others at McKinley High that drove him to enroll at Dalton Academy, where he met his on-and-off love Blaine.

It was eventually revealed that Karofsky was harassing Kurt because he was struggling with his own homosexuality. In Season 3, he even tried—and failed—to commit suicide after being outed at his new school. After heavily recurring in Glee's earlier seasons, the character last appeared as part of a dream (or should we say nightmare?) sequence last season.

Adler has most recently appeared on ABC Family's Switched at Birth.

What are your thoughts on Karovsky's impending return to Glee?

26 Comments
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wow guys.. Give the guy a chance. If you've watched the show for this long, you know full well that Glee is a show where anything, as illogical as they may seem, may happen. I say just go with it. Besides, Dave may have been a bully in a the past, but he's made amend, and in the end, everyone needs love.

I'm glad they're opening up to the less known gay community like the "bear" subculture. Let them mix it up a bit! :) By the way, Dave should grow a full beard!!! What bear doesn't have one? :P
Flag
R I D I C U L O U S
Flag
Hey, I was hoping for BLAM!
Flag
It's nightmare....
Flag
Yogi Bear and Boo Boo ?!?!?!?!?!??!? Honestly????? Are they freaking kidding us?? Are they just messing with us??? Yogi Bear and Boo Boo???? KMN!!!!
Flag
I like Max as an actor. I'll be happy to see him, but I wont' let myself hope that he'll get any good writing. (I gave up that hope for this show long ago.)
Flag
Will the six season change the episode order from 13 to 12 or from 13 to 14?!
Flag
God. This is their last season, why the hell aren't they working on tying up their loose ends? Honestly, I'm all for bringing Karofsky back. He was an intriguing character and I want to see how his story ends. But 'romantically entangling' him with Blaine?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?/ NO! They have no chemistry, and it will go against the entire theme of Blaine being a foil to Karofsky. i.e. He is everything he is not. Maybe opposites attract, but not like this Glee... come on!
Flag
Im a fan of klaine and blIne and kurt should stay together
Flag
oh my god who the hell cares about this show?
Flag
Onbviosuly you do if you're ewasting your time commenting on an article about it.
Flag
i care enough just to say how bad this show is.
Flag
Great, Glee. You just managed to piss off the last few fans you got left: the Klaine fans. I think Ryan Murphy has some sort of bet with someone where he's trying to get as terrible ratings as possible. (I don't know if I care about these news myself, though. I only watch it for the comedy and music.)
Flag
I watch it for the New York storyline... Gone now
Flag
Yes! The New York storyline renewed my faith in Glee to be honest, but then they served us that dreadful season finale... Rachel has been fighting like hell to get to Broadway, and now she's just "Omg, TV star, new dream!!1" Like, what? Are they on crack? (Seriously)
Flag
I asked myself the same thing after that dreadful Christmas episode, Previously Unaired Christmas. It's got to be some great grade crack for them to come up with these wierd storylines.
Flag
I blocked that dreadful xmas episode! Like I did with PLLs latest halloween special episode! (the one before the premier of Ravenswood -the 'spinoff').
Flag
Everything I've heard so far about the next season makes me think it's going to suck even worse than the last one. Blaine and Dave together is just the last straw. I was going to watch the last season, just because I've stuck with it this far (though I haven't actually enjoyed it in a long time) but it just sounds like it's going to to keep piling more and more crap one the grave of what started out as such a fun show.
Flag
Is Murphy straight up trolling now? I have always loved Dave and wished he would've stuck around, although I guess with the direction the show went it wouldn't have made sense. Part of me kinda wanted him and Kurt to eventually get together, but I totally get why many would have a problem with this. Now, this story literally makes no sense whatsoever. Dave never looked Blaine's way at all and in fact went after Kurt in season three. This is totally out of the blue. I was never sold on Klaine. Truthfully as a couple I find them boring and their scenes largely milquetoast in comparison to other couples on the show. I'm all for bringing Dave back. I'm all for Kurt and Blaine being broken up. But, this just seems shoehorned and weird. Maybe this is a bizzaro Glee world?
Flag
Dave and Blaine? Not Dave and Kurt? I feel like if anything, it should be Dave and Kurt.
Flag
What does it matter? It is useful to think of Glee like Childrens Hospital. The previous episodes don't really say much about the current episodes.
Flag
Man, I hope this is a joke. I mean, I love Dave, and would love to see him come back, but my OTP on that show has ALWAYS been Kurtofsky (Kurt and Dave). I've always feast that with all the back history they have together, they would make the perfect pair, I was hoping that when they skipped a few years, that we'd see Kurt end up with Dave. But I swear, the second I see Dave end up with Blaine, the season can just flush itself down my toilet, because it will be shit.
Flag
no, stupid. season 6 is going to be so stupid. Fox should just cancel it and scrap anything they might've already filmed for season 6 and forget it ever happened.
Flag
I'm all for Karofsky coming back to Glee; hell, I think it'd be awesome if he got paired up with one of the Warblers... but Blaine? That sounds like a fever dream or drug induced nightmare. It's all kinds of not OK.
Flag
This sucks! I have no trouble with Karofsky coming back but if they break up Kurt and Blaine I really think I will be done. It was a struggle to stick with the last season.
The conflicting rumours are getting tiresome. The first rumor was that the last season would be focused on the NY crowd, then the NY crowd in the future, then it was going to be more about McKinley and new students (who knows why they would go this route?) and now this.
Glee was once my 'happy place', the tv I couldn't wait to see each week but since Cory passed away it has fallen further and further down my list with all the bitchiness (looking at you, Rachel) and stupid, no chemistry relationships (Mercedes and Sam). The only two parts that kept me watching the last season were Kurt and Blaine and Adam Lambert as Elliot.
Surely it would be better to have a positive last ever season, with everyone doing well and being happy and fulfilled. It's not real life so why can't the characters we have loved (until recently) all get fairy tale endings?
Flag
Not that I've watched Glee in the last year but I think that's great idea, him coming back but with Blaine, that seems like too much of a slap in the face. I always liked the idea of Kurt and David together but I'm not sure how that would work with there difficult history.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members