A Glee Community
FOX (ended 2015)

Who cares that Glee's New Directions lost their funding and had their choir room turned into a computer lab in Season 5? McKinley High is preparing to welcome an influx of singing students. 

According to TVLine, the Fox drama is adding five new recurring characters to its shortened final season, which will shift the series' focus away from the recent New York storylines and back to Lima, Ohio, where it all began. 

Ready to "meet" the new kids (who are all sophomores)? Here are their character descriptions:

Roderick: "A true goober," no one would guess this chubby, shy kid has a voice like Otis Redding.

Spencer: McKinley's new football star with a excellent voice who's described as "post-Glee gay," which apparently means that one bullies him over his sexuality because he isn't afraid to kick their butts. Progress?

Jane: Excluded from the Warblers due to her gender, the "unconventionally pretty" and "ambitious" Jane leaves Dalton Academy and heads straight for the New Directions. Per TVLine, she's also funny in a "doesn't have much of a sense of humor" way, whatever that means.

Mason and Madison: The latest addition to the Cheerios, this pair of twins (Mason's a he, Madison's a she) are "overly positive and super weird." And while Mason's cheer habit and general "gay vibe" lead many people to make assumptions about his sexuality, he's actually straight.

Let's hear your first impressions in the comments! Do these folks sound like people you want to meet? 

Glee returns midseason on Fox.

28 Comments
Comments (28)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
1.) 12 should be the better-balanced number for the episode order for this show's sixth season.

2.) Some fisherman should spot a loaded gun in the middle of the lake, report it to the police and make sure Sue gets arrested and thrown in jail near the end of this series.

3.) Emma should reappear in this show's sixth season as a returned recurring guest.

4.) Rachel should succeed finding a better new boyfriend.

5.) The glee club should return in the series finale.

6.) Figgins gets his job back.
Flag
I can think of some that they could delete instead of add......
good thing I gave up after season 2
Flag
let's just get it over with. i am done anyway with glee.
Flag
*sigh* I will continue pretending, that Glee ended after Episode 100 / 101
Flag
No Heather Locklear cast as a "hot" but tough vice-principal or bringing in a child prodigy moppet. We at least should get Ted McGinley as an arrogant gym teacher.
Flag
"...which will shift the series' focus away from the recent New York storylines and back to Lima, Ohio, where it all began." I am not watching then!!! The New York story even though it's technically not 'glee' was much better than the forced 'new' characters that embraced the same stereotypes of the original cast!
Flag
just no....
Flag
The writers will never learn from their mistakes. Sure, those characters are fun on paper, but they will turn out to be unidemensional as usual. I had hope that the show would focus on Los Angeles, following Rachel as always. I pray that it won't be too painful to watch.
Flag
I think season 4 should've been the ending to the show. Think about it for a second... the Original members of Glee graduated at the end of season 3, while at the same time introducing us to juniors who go on to be seniors in season 4. In the middle of season 4, those ones graduate and then for the final episodes of glee we have them shift the focus back to the Original Glee-clubbers, while giving us little glimpses of everyone's lives, (new and old).

This right here above in this article is why I stopped watching after 3, even though I watched occasionally in 4. It seemed like it took them 2 seasons for Tina and the other juniors in the club to graduate that were in the original club.
Flag
I agree, I gave up on Glee partway into season 4
Flag
why
Flag
Let's wait and see, but yeah, this seems like a bad idea. Since it's only 13 episodes, I hope they focus on the originals and bring their stories to conclusion.
Flag
I can't wait to have no feelings for these undeveloped characters.
Flag
Regardless of what actors remain with the show- Adam Lambert was the main reason I stuck with Season 4...and I hope he's returning.
Flag
Are they still doing Rachel's TV show in the final season? How does this casting relate to that. So confused and at the moment there's a 95% chance I won't be watching past the season premiere.
Flag

Flag
This is so dumb. So they drop off the "old newbies" (Kitty, Noah, Ryder, etc) to feature the New York cast. Then for the final season they go BACK to Lima but with entirely NEW characters? They should've kept the characters that they tried to give life to in seasons 4-5 but then ran through the ground or completely ignored in favor of the originals.
Flag
Well....that sounds.....just.....awful. Just awful. 100% ridiculously, tragically awful.
Flag
Remember how great this show was in season one? Now I'm wondering if I should be sad Popular was cancelled after season two?
Flag
oh Popular, I miss that show so much

Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I can only LOL at this one &.&
Flag
the problem with this is it's the last season and NOBODY will become invested in the new kids. they tried to give us new people before and we still didn't care, we cared about the ones who graduated. why not just focus on them?
Flag
They don't need new characters, what they need to do is write satisfying endings for the old ones. God, the writers really have no idea what they're doing!!

Also, isn't Dalton Academy an all-boys school? Wtf Glee.
Flag
They already tried focusing the show on a new class at Lima and no one cared about them. Not really.

People watch glee for the original cast so shying away from them in the final act is probably the worst idea ever.

They should give us closure on the original class and call it a closed case. Because it's pretty obvious that showing us a new class is a last ditch effort for a spin-off. Bleh.
Flag
yes whatever.
Flag
I'm embarrassed for everyone involved.
Flag
Glee needs to pick a "direction" and stick with it. It's the last season for pete's sate.
Flag
lmao
Flag
Follow this Show
Members