A Glee Community
FOX (ended 2015)

Glee S05E13: "New Directions"

Highs and lows abounded in Glee's last official Lima engagement, and I'm still a little bit in shock that the show's writers killed New Directions—they actually did it. Glee club at McKinley High School is no more. I'm still not entirely convinced that it won't make a triumphant return by the time Glee airs its swan song, but I'm also not entirely convinced that it willOur little Glee has grown up, and I'm so proud. 

I'm going to restrain myself from assuming that everyone has seen that saccharine mid-'90s affirmation of the important (albeit reluctant) teachers who save the world one crappy midwestern high school at a time, Mr. Holland's Opus, so here's the Sparknotes version:

– Hip young musician dreams of changing the world with his music.

– Hip young musician knocks up his Bohemian artist wife and has to take a crappy teaching job to keep the lights on. 

– Hip young musician grows to love his teaching job and is devastated when the music program is cut 30 years later. 

There's also a subplot about an almost-affair with a student played by the crabby older sister from Uncle Buck—which really brings the whole Mr. Holland/Mr. Schue comparison together—but basically, Mr. Holland feels like an unappreciated bucket of trombone spit when his department is given the shaft. That is, until his former students get together to make him feel better. In the end, the program is still cut, so that sucks, but Holland gets to feel momentarily better about it. I guess. 

Anyway, Will Schuester, this is your life.

Oh the plus side, unlike geriatric Mr. Holland, Schue saw his life's work destroyed while he was still in a position to do something about it. In fact, with a little help from none other than Sue Sylvester, he walked out of that choir room with an interview already lined up with Vocal Adrenaline. Boo. Hiss. The enemy! Yeah yeah, shut up. This is what grown-ups do when faced with disappointments in their careers: They look for newer, better opportunities. New Directions regularly cast itself as  downtrodden underdog, which was certainly true and gave their every competition a Cinderella angle that made it easy to cheer for them—even when their routines weren't as good, their song choices weren't as engaging, and their members were so mind-numbingly self-absorbed that watching them lose was almost more enjoyable than watching them win. During their history with New Directions, Vocal Adrenaline were often villains in their own right, but the only time their funding status had anything to do with their villainy was in the context of the two teams' rivalry.

It was nice to see Glee itself make that distinction. It came via Sue, and frankly, the whole conversation between Sue and Schue—including Sue's concession that Schue had been a worthy adversary and an asset—was great, as was Schue's final bow to the empty choir room. While the end of the New Directions era is hard to accept, we can console ourselves with the knowledge that, unlike the 20-year-old Mr. Holland's Opus (wow, I feel old), Schue's story ended on a relatively hopeful note. Even the freshmen—who I'm assuming we'll rarely, if ever, see again, and who are now left without their show choir and their teacher—took the loss rather well and rather maturely. Marley and her fellow underclassmen wisely decided to focus on the good that came out the experience, rather than the gaping hole left in its wake (even if the sudden blanket forgiveness of their various wrongs against each other felt like a rushed ending for the sake of tying up those loose ends without giving them too much screen time).

What wasn't so great about "New Directions" was the entire resolution of the Rachel vs. Santana story, complete with Rachel once again being handed the world on a platter when Santana decided to drop out of Funny Girl and run away with Brittany. At least we got a Brittana reunion out of it. I just get sick of everyone bowing to Rachel and deferring to Rachel; I'm over the idea that Rachel is just so gosh-darned nice and never does anything awful to anyone ever, while Santana (or literally anyone who's ever given Rachel the side-eye in the history of Glee) is just a big bully. It's tiresome and juvenile, and it's the same stunted reasoning that gets any potential naysayer of New Directions (or, you know, any rational thinker) labeled a monster. Take, for example, Sue's role in the end of the glee club. Yes, she's the bad guy who made the final decision to cut the program, but she was fair the entire time. She gave Schue a goal, and the successful achievement of that goal would've ensured the New Directions' survival, but in the end, they didn't meet it. In the real world, that's kind of how things go sometimes. Sue's "cartoonish villain" routine has been noticeably toned down since the potential cutting of the glee club was announced, and with good reason: It was a serious decision with lasting impact, and she wasn't kidding around. Sue gave Holly, Schue, and April several opportunities to find a solution, and they weren't able to. And in the end, she presented Schue with an incredible opportunity to do what he loves in an environment that will welcome him wholeheartedly. Sometimes, someone has to be the bad guy, but only because someone has to be the bad guy. So even the New Directions history book will remember Sue as the devil that destroyed the glee club, I'll be darned if she didn't handle this difficult situation as well as she possibly could have.

Glee has come so far in embracing the shades of gray that are present in every well-told story, and all told, "New Directions" did a decent job of addressing them. It's just that the reconciliation of Santana and Rachel was too much of a throwback to the days of St. Rachel the Flawless for my tastes. 

MUSICAL NOTES

– Fave performance of the night? IDK. "Be Okay," just because I'm currently kind of obsessed with the song. 

– Wait, so Tina got into Brown but she couldn't get into OSU? Okay.

– Yeah, I'm pretty sure Santana's contract would've given her a few guaranteed performances with or without Rachel's blessing. 

– I would watch an entire episode of Chums

STFU Kurt, tater tots are so veggies. 

– Glee's terrible life advice for the day: You don't need a plan, Tina! Just move to New York and get an apartment! They grow on everlasting apartment trees and you never need a way to pay for them or anything like a job or at the very least, an established residency so you can file for like, heat assistance or something. 

– Puck and Quinn are official. Cracks about another accidental baby were welcomed. Rachel's face when they were singing was upsetting, though. The echoes of Finn's loss through this half of the season have been well-played. 

– Okay, fine, I teared up a little during "Don't Stop Believing." 

What'd you think of the episode? How are you feeling about Glee's, uh, new direction? 

79 Comments
Comments (79)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
sue was a great villian a show can ever have!!! ....funny and in the end doing the right thing for the kids!!! and in this episode for SHUE too

Flag
adam lambart is sooooo attractive ad handsome....im sooooo sad he is also gay...WTH srslyy...what a waste

Flag
such an emotional episode!!!....loved it .....!!!...C.H.U.M.S should be a spin off.....SRSLY...as well as the FONDU FOR TWO :P!!! ......

well i dont think that santana backing out means that rachel was given something on a platter...first she worked hard since childhood, second- britanny was right that it was never santana's dream, she just wanted to undermine rachel a bit and made this a challenge with negativity so it was good to let go of the fight...but she still should have continued as the understudy,broadway is no joke ans she was undeniably good!
Flag
I have another concern about the Emma character right now that the Glee producers, writers, critics and viewers abhor too much on her for some reason.

Could it be that she has a "compulsory obsessive disorder" weakness that can offend publicity or what?

I know she should not have be eliminated too soon because she is about to give birth on her child right away. We want to make sure she appears in this Tuesday's 102nd episodes and departs from Lima in a correct way.
Flag
@wind_shadow You might think Sue is too popular to get removed, unfortunately, you may never know that Sue, in the next several months until this show's series finale, will become overrated in McKinley High School immediately. Please do not get me wrong about this, no offense.
Flag
Ok...last week i didn't write a review, as i knew that second part was coming.
So about last week:
First of all, loved too see the whole crew back together. The way it should be. Of course missing Finn....
Loved all the songs that were song and the way they have done it this time.
Was funny to see Rachel and Mercedes having their Diva moments and had a diva off..which was great...with Kurt also in it...Liked all three of the versions by the way...
Santana can really be a bully sometimes. It is so no needed what she did to Rachel in front of everybody...that is just plain mean!!!
But loved how Rachel pulled herself together and still did her thing.
because of the old group being back, i ddn't even notice the new group...was so weird...I saw Marley and Jake sitting and dancing, but they looked like backstage people, then the glee guys....
Loved that Holly is back..she is awesome and so funny...good voice too..

Part 2:
This episode felt like GLEE again. The way it should be and was. It felt right!
Loved again the songs. Loved how Mercedes and Kurt song a song together pointing out a point to Rachel and Mercedes.
Liked how Rachel stood above it all and made a peace offering, just to get it thrown back in her face by our Mean Santana...and believe me i love Santana!!!
Like that Puck and Quin are a couple. Like that Brittany and Santana are back together and going away together.
Loved how they changed Loser like me..that was a very nice version of it.
Ok, in the end i cried...wasn't planning too, but somehow i go so emotional in the end with Don't stop believing and the short movie before that with everybody in it. That was beautifully done...
Goodbye Mr. Schue...we enjoyed from you...

This was a beautifull double episode..&Glee; at his best..
Wonder how they are going to continue from here...No more Mr. Shue or Sue Sylvester...no more rest of the cast...just some who are going to NY...

More+
Flag
I'll comment later on the episode later but I just had to say that Mr Holland's Opus was a really annoying movie!
Flag
"You don't need a plan, Tina! Just move to New York and get an apartment! They grow on everlasting apartment trees and you never need a way to pay for them"

You forgot to mention the free airline tickets that all former glee club members receive when they move to NY.
Flag
unless you come from a wealthy family & you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff...Or she has savings...We limit ourselves so much because of money but when there is will there is a way! That's what this show is all about...go after your dreams no matter WHAT...don't let your version of "reality" stop you.
Flag
I have to disgree about the Santana/Rachel thing, it's not like she just walked in the theater and got the part right away like in the choir room, she worked for it and Santana was just trying to steal the part just to stick it to her because, like she said, she can just be mean sometimes. it's not like Santana WANTED to do it, she just didn't want Rachel to do it because Rachel felt betrayed and made a big deal that Santana was her understudy because the understudy only succeeds if the other fails.

overall, I'm fine with Mr Schue being written out because he hasn't had a decent storyline since season 1, maybe 2. and the McKinley setting has run its course, pretty much all of their storylines were recycled from the original cast's run.. and let's face it, nobody really was worth the time. I'm assuming season 6 will take place just in New York because there is no more glee club and that's fine with me, just get rid of Adam Lambert, and maybe Demi, and the NY cast is great.
Flag
To be fair Rachel won the role of Fanny and she did offer a solution Santana turned it down, yeah sure Rachel's not always the nicest person on the show and gets away with a lot but she wasn't that bad in this episode. I'm glad Shue didn't try to blame someone else when the attempts to save the glee club failed and he just accepted and decided to move on. I felt bad for the younger characters since none of them really got to sing and they only really got that one scene. About them suggesting Tina just up and move to NY for no reason was very similar to when Blaine and Burt told Kurt to just move to NY even though he didn't get into NYADA or have any plans when he got there so it's not really new. I'll admit I teared up when the final voice herd was Finn's at the end when Shue turned off the lights and left the room.
Flag
I didn't even realize that Shue was being written out of the show until this episode was over. I just assumed he was going to have some whacky reason for going to New York with everyone else when they cut the Lima stuff. I'm kinda sad that he was written out of the show without them really giving his character a good story line again like he had in season 1 - his story was what drove the show that year, and I thought it was fantastic. They didn't even get Emma back for his departure. :(
Flag
Sam & Blaine & Kurt love triangle for S6 please!
Flag
Murphy would so love to do that! Maybe with Elliot?
Flag
I'm glad Brittany joined in the graduation with Tina, Artie, Blaine and Sam as they all wore red graduation caps, wore red graduation gowns and holding McKinley High School scholars. But I'm concerned about Becky joining in the graduation.

Sue Sylvester is okay doing well as principal, but I still think she will later on get framed for the gun setup situation, either if the gun is in school or at her home. We better make it fast because I want Sue get removed from her office, expelled from McKinley High School, arrested by the police and thrown in jail for the rest of her life.

I still think that the Throat Explosion will get framed for drug addiction and lose their first place trophy. But I'm glad both short April and tall Holly are both going to save the glee club.

Marley, Kitty, Unique, Jake and Ryder are still current students, but they will find out that Sue is behind this. But I have a feeling Marley and Unique will move to New York sometime this sixth season.

So Santana is moving out of New York, but even if Tina is accepting Brown University, Tina might visit New York as a reduced guest character during the sixth season.

I'm still disappointed that Emma is absent again! The actress who played her can still appear in "The Millers", but she has to appear in this show as a reduced guest. I don't understand why producers, writers, viewers and critics hate that Emma character for no reason at all?!
More+
Flag
What is wrong with Becky graduating? Last season Becky had a story line about what she was going to do after high school. Artie helped her out, even though Sue wanted her to stay. Sure she is not part of Glee club but she was still part of McKinley.
Flag
Becky is a nemesis of the glee club!
Flag
.....so, that means she can't graduate? That's some fun logic you're working with there. Also, Sue isn't guilty of anything except being a responsible school administrator. This sort of thing happens in the real world.
Flag
@irehawk20 Let's pretend that anything you just said makes sense (it doesn't, though....just to be clear on that). That would never happen because Sue is a too popular a character to be "thrown in jail for the rest of her life" (which could never happen, even in the real world).
Flag
Not for long as she will be, wind_shadow. Some fisherman is going to spot that gun in the lake and report it to the police. That will make Sue get caught in the act, then get arrested and expelled, finally she will be jailed for the rest of her life.
Flag
... and as it turns out, while high school seems terribly important while it's happening, nobody cares afterwards.
Flag
What's the point, docspector?
Flag
I was hopeful that RIB was going to bring back the cracker jack writing that was so entertaining in seasons 1-3. But I was seriously disappointed. At first I thought we were going into the Gwyneth Paltrow Show. It was a little too much guest star singing for a final McKinley moment. I agree the newbies should have had their own goodbye song. Perhaps they could have sang Finn's cut song "Not the End". It would have been appropriate for them as freshman. In the real world, Santana would never have given up a resume building fame opportunity on Broadway. That was lazy writing. Rachel "giving" her shows was silly. There are contracts you know and even with Naya's voice, the matinees would have made her famous. The only piece I was happy about was the respect given to Mr Shue and the last voice we heard in the choir room was Cory Monteith. The show is over for me. Glee is over. Rest in Peace.
Flag
Through out this entire fall out between rachel and santana, ive just been thinking, 'she's just lost finn and shes putting everything she has into funny girl, and now santana is trying to take it away from her?' I was furious with santana for being such a crappy friend, I hated this story line so bad because they are so cute when they are besties.

I pretty much cried from the beginning to end of this episode, I felt like the only thing missing was Finn, and that made me cry all that bit more.

The new directions have been there for so many people, all over the world for years now, and to see it end, for good, with no possible come back, was heart breaking. The parts where they show the video about mr shue was lovely, it was like a flash back to all the special moments over the years, and the voices at the end, finishing with Finn was perfect.

I loved everything about this episode, I'll miss new directions! But also can't wait for glee in NYC!
Flag
Brittany is back yay &3 &3 &3
Flag
I liked this episode though it was kind of sad. I don't get why glee introduces new characters (Kitty, Jake, Marley, Ryder and Unique) makes them a storyline and then throw them away like they weren't a big deal, maybe it's me but I'm not entirely okay with a show doing that (yeah i like the newbies)
I honestly thought the whole Brittana runaway was kind of crazy but I didn't care so much. What i do care is the fact that people thinks that Rachel is given everything she wants, lets not forget she was McKinley's loser and her succeed was an example. It was nice to see that Rachel is still affected by Finn's death, not only because of her face when Puck and Quinn were performing but her expressions in other scenes too and at the end of don't stop believing you can see a bit of that too. I was suspecting they were forgetting about that. I know she can't live crying because it happened but, I don't know, I wanted to see more reactions of her about the subject
And though I was sad I can accept the fact that its time for the show to move on from McKinley's choir room. When Rachel appeared in that last scene singing "don't stop believing" I was already crying, so much memories.
Anyway despite don't liking little details like why didn't Puck talked to his little bro (just something I wanted to watch) this episode what nice and enjoyable.
Hope next one cheers me up a little
More+
Flag
I like the newbies too; remember, a good portion of S5 was going to be Finn-centric and would involve him coaching the Glee Club; the newbies were going to be HIS Glee Club to coach; with Cory's passing, that storyline went away and I think RIB did not know what to do with the newbies, so they basically became background.
Flag
so sad :(
Flag
Raches tends to be annoying whenever she opens her mouth.
One of many reasons I LOVED it when Kurt took her down a notch by defeating her at the Midnight Madness or whatever it was called - that was sweeeeeet.
Flag
I agree with what's been said below - why harp on Rachel for working really hard for her dream? Yes she can be annoying, and obviously the idea of her getting Fanny straight out of high school is ridiculous, but other than that, she is the only one in Glee who's had a clear goal throughout the show... I, for one, enjoy this new Rachel! Although she was REALLY orange in that jumpsuit.
And hooray for Puck & Quinn! At least we get one endgame couple, although Lea Michele's face when they sang together was heartbreaking.
Flag
I really enjoyed the episode. Sure, it was a bit ridiculous (but also so teenager-like to think you can just move to an expensive city without any kind of plan), but it was touching and I'm glad the McKinley chapter is finally over. For once, I liked all the songs, with my preference going to Don't stop believing. Best line of the night: "You got married and adopted twin russian babies?".
Flag
I knew they had to do Don't Stop Believing! And seeing it begin with the original five was very cool.

And yeah, it was hard not to notice Rachel's face during Quinn and Puck's song.
Flag
I thought of this episode was pretty predictable, but I liked it because it was predictable. It really felt like the end of the show as we know it. To be honest, this was a long time coming. I was not a fan of the new group at McKinley. With them focusing on New York, it really lets the audience grow with the show.

my favorite part was the very last scene in the choir room. Hearing Finn's voice again in the show felt right. And seeing the choir room empty brought a finality to a show that needed that break. Getting rid of the new directions should've happened at the end of last season. That being said, i'm sad to see it go as I am sad to see all shows I watch go. I'm good-looking forward to the New York episodes for
Flag
What? "Rachel once again being handed the world on a platter? They made Rachel look horrible over this fight. She admitted she was wrong too. She didn't get anything handed to her on a silver plate. You know what I am sick people pretending that Rachel doesn't work hard for what she gets or that she doesn't get smacked down every other episode by someone..
Flag
Agreed. Rachel has never been portrayed as flawless.
Flag
I'm just saddened by the fact that the "new" New Directioners have been completely given the shaft. We get it, they're not the "direction" (oh god) the show is going in, and they've been shoved to the back for the past 5 or 6 episodes now. But that final scene in the choir room, while almost touching, was not enough. I see no reason why we didn't get a "Swan Song" from Kitty, Marly, Ryder, Puck, and Unique. It just wasn't fair, given that they're all incredibly talented and we'll likely never see them again in favor of the "old cast" who all got many moments to shine this episode.
Flag
@ MaryAnn Sleasman:
"There's also a subplot about an almost-affair with a student played by the crabby older sister from Uncle Buck—which really brings the whole Mr. Holland/Mr. Schue comparison together..."

Wait. I'm confused. Are you saying that Mr. Schue had an almost-affair with a student? If so, who, what, when, where, and how the heck did I not remember that?
Flag
There was the subplot where Rachel had a crush on him.
Flag
It's not that he almost had an affair with a student, it's that his realtionship with his students is borderline creepy and entirely inapporpriate. No teacher should be that invested in his students lives.
Flag
It is official. The magic of GLEE from season one & two is BACK!!!! I did not despise the episodes after the original cast graduated (loved the Breakup & School shooting episode) However, now that the most loved original characters are heading to NYC this show has SO much more potential. It can deal with more grown up issues if it wants by heading to "Gotham" city, make it more comical with all the craziness of NYC, or it can miss all these opportunities and some how suck (unlikely). I really do hope the new location and chapter is a success because Glee was one of the first shows that NEVER apologized for supporting the LGBT community. In the 90's, a few shows truly had successful/happy gay male characters. & if they were on a show these characters would be overly stereotypically feminine. Glee has Blaine ;) & I am sure now that they are heading to NYC there will be more gay characters. Anyone else hoping Blaine or maybe even Kurt turns into a downtown Manhattan party boy & heads down a dangerous path? AHH so many possibilities! Love it :D go Ryan Murphy!
Flag
I don't think anyone thinks Rachel was flawless or that she was ever portrayed that way. I've liked Santana when she shows some humanity and is not the bully she normally is. Her bullying was borderline criminal and definitely cruel. Rachel worked her butt off to get the part in Funny Girl. Santana trying to take the part away from Rachel just added to her cruel ways. I hated the storyline and I'm glad it ended.
Flag
The story started out with Santana winning the understudy part. Then the writers manipulated Santana, pushing her out of character, for the sole purpose of making her eventually back down and basically grovel to Rachel. The whole thing was manufactured as a Rachelphilic power trip and it stunk.
Flag
Couldn't agree more. At the end of the day, not only has Rachel always dreamed of being on Broadway but Funny Girl has always been her ultimate dream role so for Santana to try to steal it from her just because she's jealous and has nothing better to do makes her a horrible person. Especially when she had no desire to be on Broadway in the first place. Glad this storyline is over and I hope when Naya returns Santana can go back to being the lovable bitch I usually root for.
Flag
Exactly. Rachel has been shown to be worn too maybe even more. Just becasue Santana decided to quit (which was dumb granted), doesn't mean Rachel came out smelling like a rose or anyhting. Plus Fanny is Rachel's story. They have hardly shown that they aren't going to repeat it and show it for Santana too. She needs ot get her own dream.
Flag
This would have been a good episode to stop watching after, but then they sucked me in for next season (which is like watching a whole new show) by bringing Brittany to New York.
Flag
Can't wait!!
Flag
Normally, I am all over the "EFF RACHEL ALWAYS GETTING WHAT SHE WANTS!" bandwagon, but in this case, it didn't feel like that to me. Yes, Rachel got what she wanted, AGAIN, and yes, that is VERY annoying, but that wasn't the major tone I got from that scene. To me, it seemed more like Santana was realizing that she never wanted to be a Broadway star (and, really, she never did), and she didn't want to waste any more time on a goal she wasn't very invested in. Like, sure, it's fun to watch her dig at Rachel, but those digs aren't going to get her to her goal (whatever that may be, aside from being rich and famous). I thought it was handled well.

Totally agree with the rest of the review! Wish Kristen Chenoweth had had a singing part in this episode, but that's just me.
Flag
Whatever Santana ended up doing with her life she still should have taken up Rachel on her offer. A few Broadway shows wouldn't have hurt her resume and would have been nice for her family.
Flag
First of I'd like to say that I completely agree with you that the Santana/Rachel resolution was rushed (likely because Naya is getting some time off) and unsatisfying. The storyling never worked in the first place because Santana has never been a broadway star and she was totally wrong for the part but the idea of her just handing Rachel exactly what she wants because she's "over it" and "is too lazy to perform every week" is such lazy writing and shows they never really knew how to end it properly.

That said, Santana is a giant bully. I love Santana, she's my favourite character but she has acted like a total monster throughout this storyline. The things she said to Rachel last week were so far beyond just being Santana. She's a massive bully and she'll probably always be a massive bully. She just happens to be a massive bully who occasionally does or says something nice in between fits of bullydom.
Flag
This would have worked as a good series finale.
Flag
Did anybody else notice that they also graduated all of the band geeks?
Flag
So glad Santana's taking Brittany back to New York with her. Those two were always like two halves of the same whole, and even when Santana was being an evil bitch, Brittany's inherently kind heart and boundless naiveté always grounded her.
Flag
I'm just sorry they decided that while Santana's still with Dani... :(
Flag
Dani will soon be forgotten, then randomly referenced in passing next season.
Flag
Of course, I just don't like the double standards about cheating
Flag
Thank you for stating that Santana is an evil bitch. I am stunned when people make her out to be some victim of Rachel's ambition. The one thing that bothered me about GLee is how they handled Rachel. In my decades of teaching in a high school no one got bullied more than the smart girls, the ones who were really dedicated to their talents and their future goals. Instead, Glee featured mean girls who are rarely held accountable for their rage against the girls who were determined and worked hard. Rachel made a few mistake (Sunshine) but she was remorseful, owned what she did, and apologized. These are the ones who will succeed in life. In addition to Rachel, we saw that same dedication and drive from Mercedes who starting selling cd's from the trunk of her car for awhile. Real life.
Flag
"Thank you for stating that Santana is an evil bitch. I am stunned when people make her out to be some victim of Rachel's ambition."

These are not mutually exclusive. She can be (is) both at the same time.
Flag
I agree! Santana is an evil bitch, but she delivered most (if you ask me) of the comedic scenes. We all know that the show exaggerates characters and portraying Santana and Rachel as kind of opposites (but managing to make them friends as well) is kind of the whole point of glee right? I think people hate most of the characters because they wish life would (in some points) work for them like it does for Rachel… well then go out and start doing something about instead of hating on the ones that are ambitious!
Flag
Tina in this episode had the most fun lines considering its her last episode. Its a shame how they treated her throughout the show. She wasn't given the light of day until late last season and this season. At least her mistreatment ends now. I thought I would like New York but come to think of it, watching a bunch of artsy people in New York won't be as appealing as I thought it would be. But I'll slugger through the show and finish watching it until the series ends next season.
Flag
I totally agree about Tina, she's my favourite character, I relate so much to her. I would have preferred her in NY instead of Sam and Artie
Flag
She wasn't used because she's not very interesting or talented.
Flag
I care to differ. From the start, she was the most related character because she was the shy one. Then from nowhere they changed her outfit and personality with no explanation at all. How can she be interesting and show her talent if the writers did everything to shaft her during the early seasons.
Flag
I liked this episode a lot; it felt a little jumpy at the beginning; no flow between scenes/stories, but the second half of it was pretty good.
My favorite songs of this episode: Party All The Time, Loser Like Me and of course and obviously, Don't Stop Believing.
CHUMS was funny!!! Very short, but very funny.
Loved Holly and April's final scene: "Want to go get drunk, rob a bank and go on a gay cruise?" "I thought you'd never ask" Awesome!
Out of the 5 newbies, I'll probably miss Ryder the most, don't know why, honestly.
Will Will take the job at Carmel? We'll see...
YES Kurt, tots ARE veggies, even if they're fried.
I will miss the choir room, but that's about it... NYC, here we come!!!!!
Flag
I've loved Blake Jenner since The Glee Project, I'm gonna miss him a lot!
Flag
I was disappointed. Everything was very predictable, including the make-up between Santana and Rachel. That whole storyline was a mess. Is it logical that a singer without experience would get a lead in a Broadway show? Yes, it happens a lot. Is it logical that an understudy is hired after one song and no read and no experience? Never. Would Glee think that everything can be fixed with one song - sure. Schue being the hero at the end - predictable even though it really was his fault that it all fell apart. I know this is a tv show, but a little realism gives it credibility and I think the ratings dump over the past few years is evidence.
Flag
Being bounced around the schedule is both the cause and the result of ratings decline.

They botched the introduction of new characters. They should have introduced new cast members every year, rather than graduating nearly everyone at once and then attempting a mass substitution. There are shows that have been successful at integrating new regular characters... MASH, Law & Order, ER. Glee took the easy way out for the first three years and paid for it after that. Now they're morphing the show into the spinoff planned years ago. On the plus side, they won't have to come up with an explanation of how these kids could afford plane tickets between NY and OH so often.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW