Glee Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Blaine

iheartgreys101

[1]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 5

Am I the only one completely and hopelessly in love with the Warblers' charming lead singer?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 43
    Yes, you are.

PFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!! I'm kidding.

jenny_d_b

[3]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 8
    OMG, I am too! He's awesome! He was adorable/fun as drunk too. BLAINE, WE LOVE YOU!

AllieAllie

[4]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 22

I love him too. And he and Kurt are so kewt X3

snow_gem

[5]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 6

Yeah I used to really like Blaine too but lately - outside of his undeniably great performances - he has been drastically losing his appeal to me. I know that puts me in a minority of about 1 in 10,000 gleeks Tongue out

I haven't been too crazy about the recent string of episodes so maybe it's just the storylines he's been given lately that are tainting my opinion of him. I still love his performances but I'm just so-so about his overall character.

iheartgreys101

[6]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 5
    Glad to see so many fellow Blaine fans, I literally can't get enough of Darren Criss these days!

snow_gem wrote:

Yeah I used to really like Blaine too but lately - outside of his undeniably great performances - he has been drastically losing his appeal to me. I know that puts me in a minority of about 1 in 10,000 gleeks Tongue out

I haven't been too crazy about the recent string of episodes so maybe it's just the storylines he's been given lately that are tainting my opinion of him. I still love his performances but I'm just so-so about his overall character.

Aw how come? I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm curious about why you aren't liking him recently because he hasn't really been a jerk or anything of the sorts in any of his episodes. Unless you mean the Rachel-kiss and the drunkenness and stuff in the recent episode? Haha and yes his performances are amazing

misslarousse

[7]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 11
    i love him too!!! he is freaking adorable!!!

snow_gem

[8]Mar 9, 2011

iheartgreys101 wrote:
    Glad to see so many fellow Blaine fans, I literally can't get enough of Darren Criss these days!
    snow_gem wrote:

Aw how come? I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm curious about why you aren't liking him recently because he hasn't really been a jerk or anything of the sorts in any of his episodes. Unless you mean the Rachel-kiss and the drunkenness and stuff in the recent episode? Haha and yes his performances are amazing

No I wouldn't say that he's been a jerk lately. Again, I think my biggest problem with Blaine just has to do with what I find to be poor writing concerning the development of his character.

Lately I feel that pretty much all of the main characters - that still even get decent speaking parts - have started to go downhill. Specifically with Blaine, especially since the Silly Love Songs episode, it seems like the writers are just trying too hard to make him funny or likable or whatever it is they're going for. The thing about that though is that Blaine - or the actor who plays him - has a naturally charming and likable presence already and doesn't need the aid of cheesy jokes and corny plotlines. It makes the character come across as very hokey and dorky in an unflattering kind of way.

That's why I said I still love his performances. They are like the only scenes in the past several episodes that Blaine has seemed more natural and believable and less "scripted." He's very entertaining when he sings but his dialogue is kind of hard to watch at times.

Aside from that the only other complaint I have with Blaine is that he insists on parting his hair like Andy Griffith, but that's a mild annoyance I think I can live withWink

harpier

[9]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 9

jenny_d_b wrote:
    OMG, I am too! He's awesome! He was adorable/fun as drunk too. BLAINE, WE LOVE YOU!

I agree, and part of what made drunk Blaine so wonderful was Kurt's introduction.

Kurt: Are you not drinking?

Finn: No, designated driver. What about you?

Kurt: I'm still trying to impress Blaine. Can't get too sloppy. *Looks back at drunk Blaine dancing* Clearly he doesn't have the same concern.

Edited on 04/13/2011 10:21pm

spikemaniac

[10]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 50
    You are most definitely not the only one. I want to become a gay man and make Blaine my husband. Everyone on tumblr is going completely gaga over Darren Criss.

arhudson

[11]Apr 16, 2011

I would be so DEVASTATED if Darren Criss were gay - I've got a slight obsession with him. But I DO miss his curls from pre-Glee days. I hope he doesnt grease his hair back when he starts at McKinley. But I mean HOTNESS!!! I do think that his character needs further development cos we know NOTHING about him!!!! I WILL miss Wes and David though.

spikemaniac

[12]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 50
    arhudson wrote:
    I would be so DEVASTATED if Darren Criss were gay - I've got a slight obsession with him.

He's not.

arhudson wrote:
    But I DO miss his curls from pre-Glee days.

Yeah he was so cute with curly hair in the Starkid days!

arhudson

[13]Apr 24, 2011
    iheartgreys101 wrote:

Am I the only one completely and hopelessly in love with the Warblers' charming lead singer?

NO, But I loved him in AVPM/AVPS as well - watch it on youtube - he doesnt have to put that crap in his hair and its adorable!

silvergirl07

[14]Apr 25, 2011

snow_gem wrote:

Aside from that the only other complaint I have with Blaine is that he insists on parting his hair like Andy Griffith, but that's a mild annoyance I think I can live withWink

hahaha, absolutely! He's a handsome guy, why does he have to choose the most horrible hairdo?!

I was hoping that now he and Kurt are dating we would see more of his personal side. The real Blaine, so to say.

Performance-wise, I have the same thoughts about Blaine as Kurt did in Original Song. His solos are great and all, but the style is getting old quickly. Every song sounds the same.

hex_fan_999

[15]May 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    How could i not love Darren criss? He is supermegafoxyawesomehot! Especially with the curls and his pink sunnies and his guitar in his hands

CLikesPie

[16]May 30, 2011

hex_fan_999 wrote:
    How could i not love Darren criss? He is supermegafoxyawesomehot! Especially with the curls and his pink sunnies and his guitar in his hands

agreed

RenatoB

[17]May 31, 2011
    CLikesPie wrote:

hex_fan_999 wrote:

agreed

This is about Blaine, not necessarily Darren Criss, but whatever.

tvaddict_14

[18]May 31, 2011
    • level: 10
    I love Blaine, he's a great addition to the show. It's nice seeing Kurt happy for a change.

NiallB31

[19]Feb 1, 2012

Blaine is a great addition to the show, but lately (season3) he has really been annoying me. I don't know why but he is starting to annoy me.

RenatoB

[20]Feb 1, 2012
    NiallB31 wrote:

Blaine is a great addition to the show, but lately (season3) he has really been annoying me. I don't know why but he is starting to annoy me.

My feelings exactly, he annoys me too, but I can't really explain why.