Glee Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Blaine

  • Avatar of iheartgreys101

    iheartgreys101

    [1]Feb 28, 2011
    • member since: 12/03/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 97

    Am I the only one completely and hopelessly in love with the Warblers' charming lead singer?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [2]Feb 28, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    Yes, you are.



































    PFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!! I'm kidding.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jenny_d_b

    jenny_d_b

    [3]Feb 28, 2011
    • member since: 05/20/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 174
    OMG, I am too! He's awesome! He was adorable/fun as drunk too. BLAINE, WE LOVE YOU!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AllieAllie

    AllieAllie

    [4]Mar 3, 2011
    • member since: 07/12/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,219

    I love him too. And he and Kurt are so kewt X3

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of snow_gem

    snow_gem

    [5]Mar 3, 2011
    • member since: 08/03/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 93

    Yeah I used to really like Blaine too but lately - outside of his undeniably great performances - he has been drastically losing his appeal to me. I know that puts me in a minority of about 1 in 10,000 gleeks Tongue out


    I haven't been too crazy about the recent string of episodes so maybe it's just the storylines he's been given lately that are tainting my opinion of him. I still love his performances but I'm just so-so about his overall character.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iheartgreys101

    iheartgreys101

    [6]Mar 7, 2011
    • member since: 12/03/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 97
    Glad to see so many fellow Blaine fans, I literally can't get enough of Darren Criss these days!

    snow_gem wrote:

    Yeah I used to really like Blaine too but lately - outside of his undeniably great performances - he has been drastically losing his appeal to me. I know that puts me in a minority of about 1 in 10,000 gleeks Tongue out


    I haven't been too crazy about the recent string of episodes so maybe it's just the storylines he's been given lately that are tainting my opinion of him. I still love his performances but I'm just so-so about his overall character.



    Aw how come? I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm curious about why you aren't liking him recently because he hasn't really been a jerk or anything of the sorts in any of his episodes. Unless you mean the Rachel-kiss and the drunkenness and stuff in the recent episode? Haha and yes his performances are amazing
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of misslarousse

    misslarousse

    [7]Mar 7, 2011
    • member since: 04/27/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 111
    i love him too!!! he is freaking adorable!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of snow_gem

    snow_gem

    [8]Mar 9, 2011
    • member since: 08/03/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 93

    iheartgreys101 wrote:
    Glad to see so many fellow Blaine fans, I literally can't get enough of Darren Criss these days!
    snow_gem wrote:


    Yeah I used to really like Blaine too but lately - outside of his undeniably great performances - he has been drastically losing his appeal to me. I know that puts me in a minority of about 1 in 10,000 gleeks Tongue out


    I haven't been too crazy about the recent string of episodes so maybe it's just the storylines he's been given lately that are tainting my opinion of him. I still love his performances but I'm just so-so about his overall character.


    Aw how come? I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm curious about why you aren't liking him recently because he hasn't really been a jerk or anything of the sorts in any of his episodes. Unless you mean the Rachel-kiss and the drunkenness and stuff in the recent episode? Haha and yes his performances are amazing


    No I wouldn't say that he's been a jerk lately. Again, I think my biggest problem with Blaine just has to do with what I find to be poor writing concerning the development of his character.


    Lately I feel that pretty much all of the main characters - that still even get decent speaking parts - have started to go downhill. Specifically with Blaine, especially since the Silly Love Songs episode, it seems like the writers are just trying too hard to make him funny or likable or whatever it is they're going for. The thing about that though is that Blaine - or the actor who plays him - has a naturally charming and likable presence already and doesn't need the aid of cheesy jokes and corny plotlines. It makes the character come across as very hokey and dorky in an unflattering kind of way.


    That's why I said I still love his performances. They are like the only scenes in the past several episodes that Blaine has seemed more natural and believable and less "scripted." He's very entertaining when he sings but his dialogue is kind of hard to watch at times.


    Aside from that the only other complaint I have with Blaine is that he insists on parting his hair like Andy Griffith, but that's a mild annoyance I think I can live withWink

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of harpier

    harpier

    [9]Apr 13, 2011
    • member since: 01/15/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 131

    jenny_d_b wrote:
    OMG, I am too! He's awesome! He was adorable/fun as drunk too. BLAINE, WE LOVE YOU!


    I agree, and part of what made drunk Blaine so wonderful was Kurt's introduction.


    Kurt: Are you not drinking?


    Finn: No, designated driver. What about you?


    Kurt: I'm still trying to impress Blaine. Can't get too sloppy. *Looks back at drunk Blaine dancing* Clearly he doesn't have the same concern.

    Edited on 04/13/2011 10:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [10]Apr 16, 2011
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,754
    You are most definitely not the only one. I want to become a gay man and make Blaine my husband. Everyone on tumblr is going completely gaga over Darren Criss.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of arhudson

    arhudson

    [11]Apr 16, 2011
    • member since: 11/14/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 133

    I would be so DEVASTATED if Darren Criss were gay - I've got a slight obsession with him. But I DO miss his curls from pre-Glee days. I hope he doesnt grease his hair back when he starts at McKinley. But I mean HOTNESS!!! I do think that his character needs further development cos we know NOTHING about him!!!! I WILL miss Wes and David though.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [12]Apr 19, 2011
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,754
    arhudson wrote:
    I would be so DEVASTATED if Darren Criss were gay - I've got a slight obsession with him.

    He's not.


    arhudson wrote:
    But I DO miss his curls from pre-Glee days.

    Yeah he was so cute with curly hair in the Starkid days!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of arhudson

    arhudson

    [13]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 11/14/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 133
    iheartgreys101 wrote:

    Am I the only one completely and hopelessly in love with the Warblers' charming lead singer?



    NO, But I loved him in AVPM/AVPS as well - watch it on youtube - he doesnt have to put that crap in his hair and its adorable!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of silvergirl07

    silvergirl07

    [14]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 08/14/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 93

    snow_gem wrote:


    Aside from that the only other complaint I have with Blaine is that he insists on parting his hair like Andy Griffith, but that's a mild annoyance I think I can live withWink



    hahaha, absolutely! He's a handsome guy, why does he have to choose the most horrible hairdo?!



    I was hoping that now he and Kurt are dating we would see more of his personal side. The real Blaine, so to say.


    Performance-wise, I have the same thoughts about Blaine as Kurt did in Original Song. His solos are great and all, but the style is getting old quickly. Every song sounds the same.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hex_fan_999

    hex_fan_999

    [15]May 30, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 299
    How could i not love Darren criss? He is supermegafoxyawesomehot! Especially with the curls and his pink sunnies and his guitar in his hands
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CLikesPie

    CLikesPie

    [16]May 30, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 110

    hex_fan_999 wrote:
    How could i not love Darren criss? He is supermegafoxyawesomehot! Especially with the curls and his pink sunnies and his guitar in his hands


    agreed

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [17]May 31, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    CLikesPie wrote:

    hex_fan_999 wrote:
    How could i not love Darren criss? He is supermegafoxyawesomehot! Especially with the curls and his pink sunnies and his guitar in his hands


    agreed



    This is about Blaine, not necessarily Darren Criss, but whatever.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvaddict_14

    tvaddict_14

    [18]May 31, 2011
    • member since: 06/01/11
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 34
    I love Blaine, he's a great addition to the show. It's nice seeing Kurt happy for a change.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NiallB31

    NiallB31

    [19]Feb 1, 2012
    • member since: 12/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 457

    Blaine is a great addition to the show, but lately (season3) he has really been annoying me. I don't know why but he is starting to annoy me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [20]Feb 1, 2012
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    NiallB31 wrote:

    Blaine is a great addition to the show, but lately (season3) he has really been annoying me. I don't know why but he is starting to annoy me.



    My feelings exactly, he annoys me too, but I can't really explain why.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.