Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Choke

irehawk20

[1]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 9

This is another episode which you all may not like. The title of this upcoming episode might seem suffocating to all of us.

Anyhow, discuss this episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RomanZolanski

[2]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 12
    I want RIB to choke. Not really, but the fact that the Tina solo was speculating so much and got the fanbased overwhelmed, only to be a group performance with Santana and Mercedes, makes me beyond pissed at the writers. What's up with the Tina injustice? Now I'm starting to believe the solo she has in "Props" is fake too.

Nerdnot

[3]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 14
    Rachael wouldn't choke, Kurt maybe but not Rachael

Jaqueline

[4]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 1

I don't knowwhy everyone is so upset with the 3rd season. I think Glee has grown up with its chararacters. It's not all funny anymore, but that's life...

Edited on 04/30/2012 10:09am

TVfreak_28

[5]May 1, 2012
    • level: 6

oh god my heart broke for rachel! :"( Lea's rendition of cry was amazing! just why why did she have to choke!

Beecharm3r2

[6]May 2, 2012
    • level: 8
    I know, I was shocked. Of all the possible outcomes of Rachel's audition, I didn't think she'd ever choke. I felt so bad for her. Kurt did amazing though so that was good. And I supposed the title of the episode could be related to Coach Beast's decision at the end, and Puck's test. If it hadn't been for Kurt, the episode would be completely depressing.

frontman19

[7]May 2, 2012

I kind of feel like an asshole now...but I totally didn't feel bad for Rachel after she choked. I have always had a difficult time sympathizing with her character, seeing as she's so incredibly conceited, but I will admit that although I didn't feel bad after she choked, I eventually felt something when she did Cry, because she sang with so much more emotion than she ever had before, I was like finally. /unpopularopinion.

Nerdnot

[8]May 2, 2012
    I stand corrected. Woah, this show is started going into some really really deep dialog. I mean the thing with coach Bieste. I feel bad for Puck, at least we know how his going to be on the show next year.

Mitoch

[9]May 3, 2012
    • level: 11

Yeah, yeah, we get it Ryan Murphy. Homosexuals are great people that can overcome anything (including just throwing together a number about a homosexual Broadway icon as an auditon number for a performing arts academy). Whereas heterosexuals choke on numbers they've done forever (anybody remember Rachel's rendition of the same song way back in season 1?), wife beaters (Bieste's husband), lazy and ignorant (Puck). Thanks for delineating it so clearly for us.

frontman19

[10]May 3, 2012

^ Is that really called for? I don't really understand how something like that can make you upset. Homosexual characters on Glee have been tormented constantly throughout the whole show, so something goes right for them and some (relatively) unrelated events go wrong for heterosexual characters and all of a sudden Ryan Murphy is some hetereophobe/overly preachy? I mean, Santana was disowned by her family for being homosexual, Kurt had to temporarily switch schools, Kurovsky tried to kill himself (and then dropped off the face of the show) and you say that he's being overly preachy about how awesome homosexuals are?

Mitoch

[11]May 3, 2012
    • level: 11

frontman19 wrote:

^ Is that really called for? I don't really understand how something like that can make you upset. Homosexual characters on Glee have been tormented constantly throughout the whole show, so something goes right for them and some (relatively) unrelated events go wrong for heterosexual characters and all of a sudden Ryan Murphy is some hetereophobe/overly preachy? I mean, Santana was disowned by her family for being homosexual, Kurt had to temporarily switch schools, Kurovsky tried to kill himself (and then dropped off the face of the show) and you say that he's being overly preachy about how awesome homosexuals are?

Yeah, I am saying that. All those characters have *sigh* overcome all their adversity. Hooray! Yet Curt is still a narcissistic, conniving, selfish brat Remember him wanting to set up his "love cave" with Finn? And then Finn is the bad guy for lashing out at Curt because he couldn't take the word "No".

RomanZolanski

[12]May 4, 2012
    • level: 12

Kurt's changed so much on the show. I hated him in the first two seasons because he was such a brat, but he's never showed that attitude this season. And I agree that homosexuals on the show have been through much worse than choking on an audition. Rachel, Puck and Beiste's storylines will conclude - with an obvious happy ending - just like the homosexuals on the show.

Santana might graduate without her grandmother's blessing. Karofsky will always have his suicide attempt to look back on, especially knowing that his mother is disappointed in him. Most of the characters on the show are going to experience hardship, just like real life. Their sexuality has nothing to do with their unfortunes, especially when none of the plots in this episode had nothing to do with each other.

Finn is bad guy though, in so many cases. He used "f*g", a homophobic slander, outed Santana, and got his ex-girlfriend to cheat on her then-boyfriend when she did the same thing to him a year before, especially when he got pissed at Rachel for cheating on him.

Plus, Ryan didn't even write this episode lol.

alexspotsme

[13]May 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    After watching this episode, it opened my eyes as to how this show can sometimes represent true stuff going on in life. For Rachel, choking on a huge audition, it can go for anybody, but it will be a sad thing when you mess up and realize you're out of the question. My heart had an earthquake after seeing Rachel cry, and her cover of the song "Cry". Puck flunking his exam was terminating, seeing as a lot of people I know in my Senior class struggle with the same situation. Bieste, for having domestic violence affect her life with a man that abused her. Bless that woman, I hope that second chance for that man goes well.