Glee Forums

FOX (ended 2015)

Chord is coming back!

alirk

[1]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 22

well, it looks like Chord Overstreet (Sam) is coming back!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/glee-chord-overstreet-to-return/

Thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

waterloo1066

[3]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 6

It will be interesting to see who the writers might pair Sam up with. I doubt it will be Mercedes as her new boyfriend Marcus (not sure if this his name) aka number 56 is way too large for Sam to physically take on. Hey, who knows though, love can be a funny thing! I think it is unlikely to be Quinn as she messed him around by cheating on him with Finn by trying to find the 'fireworks' again and to try and increase her chances of winning Prom Queen) Santana dumped him(Sam) for Karofsky so it's unlikely to be her. I know the latter was for Santana's own ends so that she could get Kurt back making her more popular and get votes so that she could enter for Prom Queen and win - failed there then.WTH is so special about being Prom Queen, it didn't help Kurt much!With Sam being slapped down twice and then leaving Mercedes in the lurch by going interstate I doubt he will want to rush into anything. I briefly thought of Harmony but she has only one more appearance left so that's a none starter(unless the writers keeper a bit longer). That would be nice as IMO she was great in the first episode. Rachel, Tina and Brittany are spoken for so that only really leaves Sugar in the frame, an interesting storyline in the making. Anyway no one will know until it happens but it is fun to try and guess the future!Wink

irehawk20

[4]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 9

IMO, it is not right to get get rid of important characters of any good show at all. This situation destroys reality.

alirk

[5]Oct 19, 2011

waterloo1066 wrote:

It will be interesting to see who the writers might pair Sam up with. I doubt it will be Mercedes as her new boyfriend Marcus (not sure if this his name) aka number 56 is way too large for Sam to physically take on. Hey, who knows though, love can be a funny thing! I think it is unlikely to be Quinn as she messed him around by cheating on him with Finn by trying to find the 'fireworks' again and to try and increase her chances of winning Prom Queen) Santana dumped him(Sam) for Karofsky so it's unlikely to be her. I know the latter was for Santana's own ends so that she could get Kurt back making her more popular and get votes so that she could enter for Prom Queen and win - failed there then.WTH is so special about being Prom Queen, it didn't help Kurt much!With Sam being slapped down twice and then leaving Mercedes in the lurch by going interstate I doubt he will want to rush into anything. I briefly thought of Harmony but she has only one more appearance left so that's a none starter(unless the writers keeper a bit longer). That would be nice as IMO she was great in the first episode. Rachel, Tina and Brittany are spoken for so that only really leaves Sugar in the frame, an interesting storyline in the making. Anyway no one will know until it happens but it is fun to try and guess the future!Wink

I think Sam & Sugar would be a very entertaining pairing...Can you see it? The rich girl & the poor boy...Hmmm...Many possibilities!

alirk

[6]Oct 19, 2011

irehawk20 wrote:

IMO, it is not right to get get rid of important characters of any good show at all. This situation destroys reality.

What exactly do you mean? I think everyone who watches Glee knows that it is no where near reality...

fachizzzzle

[7]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 4

Either the writers planned this all along, or Chord saw that the Entertainment world outside of Glee is cold and hard. I wrote the obituary for his career as son as he quit to (record an album). When you are a singer/actor there is no better place for you to be than on the set of glee. That's why all of these celebrities really want to be on the show. It's such a great platform. Even if glee only offered him 2 episodes, he should never have lift. A guest starring role as a teacher on the middle does not bring as much publicity as playing a teen heart throb. *Rant over* I'm glad that trouty mouth is back, though I'm still confused about why he left. I'm sure that once he walks onscreen without a shirt, I won't care anymore lol

fachizzzzle

[8]Oct 19, 2011

To that end, if his abs are gone I'm hopping off of the "Welcome Back Sam" train. I'm not checking for him otherwise lol

fachizzzzle

[9]Oct 19, 2011

Can you please join the Glee writing staff btw? Sam+Sugar is the best idea ever. I'm already shipping that lol

RenatoB

[10]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 43
    Damn it... I can't stand Sam.

But him and Sugar does seem like a nice idea. Too bad it probably won't happen.

By the way, alirk, just wanted you to know that you got me hooked on PLL after recommending it in the DH forums. XP It's so addictive!!

Looking forward to the return of "Glee", but really not to the return of Sam. Maybe it'll grow on me overtime.

alirk

[11]Oct 20, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    By the way, alirk, just wanted you to know that you got me hooked on PLL after recommending it in the DH forums. XP It's so addictive!

lol...happy to have spread PLL addiction to someone else =) I think it is one of the smartest-written, well-acted shows on TV....So entertaining!!!

Beastgirl2

[12]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 11

Yay! I missed Sam. I hate Sugar; can't stand her. So hopefully he doesn't get paired up with her. I liked Sam with Quinn but I don't see that happening again any time soon. Sam is too nice for her anyways. Sam and Mercedes wouldn't be too terrible, and I'm not a huge fan of Mercedes' current boyfriend. He's too pushy in my opinion.

wichovettorazzi

[13]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 5

I really like the idea. I really think Ryan should have kept Chord as a regular instead of Darren. Yep, I said it. I think bringing Blaine into New Directions was a little forced and slightly unrealistic. I didn't buy it (Not that I don't like though, at least i don't hate it). Or maybe they should have kept both, but Blaine as a Warbler, and only for half of the season or something, not as a regular.

When Matt left the show, I thought that was reasonable. He didn't contribute anything but variety to the club (which something we still have without him) as he couldn't sing, and his dancing just wasn't awesome. Sam did. He could sing, he could dance. He even had storylines and Chord has acting skills (I don't know if Dijon Talton does, cause we never got to see them, but whatever.) The writters made us actually care about him, something they never did with Matt.

However, they say he's coming back only for a couple of episodes so I don't think we'll see him back in McKinley, so pairing him up with some other character won't be necesary. But maybe he'll bring trouble to Shanecedes.

(And why does EVERY character has to be with someone? There's also a thing called "Being Single" perhaps you've heard about it. It means you're not dating anyone.)

Perhaps he will be back as the new competition for New Directions. That would be intresting.

The episode is supposed to aire on early December.

qfrodri85

[14]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 27
    Hope he doesn't get paired with Mercedes.

pamhalpert

[15]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 14

Smart move by Ryan Murphy. He needs all the young talent he can get, considering they are probably losing Cory, Lea, and Chris after this season.