Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Enough with West Side Story!

wichovettorazzi

[1]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 5

I think the exciting waiting for season 3 was ruined by the fact that since the first episode they introduced us they were doing the west side story. I think the club doing musicals and everything is fun to watch but for one episode tops (Like The Rocky Horror Picture Show Episode), not 3 to 4 episodes! I though "I am Unicorn" was one of the worst episodes, and now I find out one of the episodes to come will be featuring 4 or 5 WSS songs.

A lot of us don't watch glee to listen them doing West Side Story, or broadway numbers. We watch it to hear them sing The Bleck Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, or Michael Jackson.

And if you disagree, please check the "What songs would you like to see Glee do?" thread, or the "Our own season 3" thread. I'm sure you won't find a lot of Broadway numbers.

And before everyone starts attacking me, let me tell you that I really like Broadway songs. The Purple Piano Project featured a lot of broadway numbers, and Ithought they were pretty good. But if they were gonna dedicate so many music spots on the show to a particular musical, they should have picked a better musical, I really didn't find the WSS numbers fun or entertaining. And comercially speaking, pop culture sells more, and I am really surprised Ryan Murphy took such a risky choice.

Please don't attack, it's my opinion. I Made this thread to check if I'm the one who's wrong or if there are others thinking the same way I am.

Post your thoughts.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nycitynygirl

[2]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 3
    I understand where you are coming from but I sorta like that they are spreading it out over several episodes. I do miss them singing more current songs but west side story is a great classic. Lea and Darren are amazing as maria and tony and I could listen to them singing these songs for hours!! I know if you aren't a huge fan of broadway then its probably annoying that they aren't doing as mnany top 100 songs but Im sure once they are done with west side story, they will begin to do more of them.

RenatoB

[3]Nov 5, 2011
    • level: 43
    I actually like the story they've created around the musical, it has brought up a lot of drama and intrigue between the characters, which is always entertaining. But I agree about the musical numbers. I am from Portugal, and therefore I am even less familiar with Broadway numbers, and I have to agree it's pretty boring to sit through all the Broadway pieces they put on. Particularly because, honestly, I just don't think they're all that great. Some of them (like "On My Own" and "It's All Over") are great songs that I've now listened to several times, but most of them... meh.

alirk

[4]Nov 6, 2011
    • level: 22

I am in total agreement with you. I don't know much about Broadway so I really have no desire to hear most of the songs they have been singing lately. I enjoy knowing the songs they are singing!