We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Glee Forums

FOX (ended 2015)

Episode 5 'The First Time'

waterloo1066

[1]Nov 7, 2011
    • level: 6

Will they won't they? ..............It looks like they might!............What do you think?....................Other thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nycitynygirl

[2]Nov 7, 2011
    • level: 3
    *spoilers* both klaine and finchel go all the way!!!
    I can not wait for this episode, besides it being pretty much all about klaine and finchel, it acutally looks like a really good episode!!! I loved all the music, darren and lea sound amazing together!!! Plus the WARBLERS ARE BACK!!! I can not wait for tomorrow night!!

nycitynygirl

[3]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 3
    I just watched it and it was AMAZING!!! It was definatly one of the best episodes of glee! Besides all the klaine, the music and story of the episode was great! I felt so bad for mike but at least he still got his mom! I also loved the scene with coach beast! Of course the finchel and klaine parts were some of the best scenes but I think glee handled the subject really well! I don't know why so many people were against it. The actually "love" scene was probably one of the most tame in the whole episode. I loved everything about the episode!!

alirk

[4]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 22

Was a pretty good episode. I liked that Rachel didn't look totally horrible & self-centered for the whole episode. She was actually really nice & supportive of Finn. Also I liked the return of the Warblers. So good! And I think the Sebastian storyline is going to be very interesting...

TVfreak_28

[5]Nov 8, 2011

i thought it was wonderful! i loved the fact they implied that they did it and didn't actually do anything to risque. i honestly wouldn't have cared but i do watch this with my 12 year old sister so i'm happy with the way they approached klaine and finchel having sex. I loved the little celibacy meeting they had don't know why but i did. i kinda wanted to see them act out more of West Side Story though too! How amazing was that duet between Rachel and Santana! i wish it would've been longer! i loved all the songs they sang tonight! omg though Mike i felt so bad for him tonight! But yay his mom still supports him! and yay Mercedes still went to the show; which brings up my next point i was kinda hoping we'd see Shelby in the audience she did help (Rachel get the part of Maria) i mean we've only had one rachel shelby scene so far anyways i digress it was an amazing episode this is the episode they should've come back with after that 3 week hiatus!

irehawk20

[6]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 9

TVfreak_28 wrote:

i thought it was wonderful! i loved the fact they implied that they did it and didn't actually do anything to risque. i honestly wouldn't have cared but i do watch this with my 12 year old sister so i'm happy with the way they approached klaine and finchel having sex. I loved the little celibacy meeting they had don't know why but i did. i kinda wanted to see them act out more of West Side Story though too! How amazing was that duet between Rachel and Santana! i wish it would've been longer! i loved all the songs they sang tonight! omg though Mike i felt so bad for him tonight! But yay his mom still supports him! and yay Mercedes still went to the show; which brings up my next point i was kinda hoping we'd see Shelby in the audience she did help (Rachel get the part of Maria) i mean we've only had one rachel shelby scene so far anyways i digress it was an amazing episode this is the episode they should've come back with after that 3 week hiatus!

Shelby was not in this episode, so was Sue. I'm glad Emma came back to this show and Will came a little bit late in this episode. Rachel had some more higher octaves as she played Maria in West Side story. Blaine did a good job playing Tony in that play. By the way, West Side Story is like a musical Romeo And Juliet, but the ending was kinda different in that play.

waterloo1066

[7]Nov 9, 2011

Just watched the episode and frankly I was a little disappointed with some aspects of it. Generally the overall episode was at least an 8 but the way the directors had the singing voices playing over some of the scenes I thought detracted from the meaning of the songs themselves. The only 'real' song was America (amazing) and it was fantastic to have Santana in the lead, I thought that she really kicked a**. The part could have been written for her. We were able to see the whole cast (like the audience) for most of the time and not just a cut and re-edited version covering mistakes or continuity issues. Tonight was cut short but I thought that what there was of it was very good. One Hand One Heart was excellent but again, and played over the 'First Time' scenes which IMO spoilt it to some degree - not really into the sloppy stuff although I can see where some of you are coming from with references to your first time. In a Boy Like That Santana and Rachel were awsome but again it was a shame that we didn't see their full performance as I am sure that it would have been even better. As an aside Santana and Mercedes are the queens of duets though. The other cast members were hardly there in the show and were really no more than backing singers. It was nice to see Mercedes obviously enjoying the show and the singing. I wonder if she still thinks that she has made the right decision, only time will tell. What a big decision Mike made and what a pity he had to but, with the support of his mother, he will probably still shine. The triangle developing between Klaine and Sebastian looks as though it could prove to be interesting in the future. What happened to Rory, just stuck at the back with a silly grin making up the numbers? I do hope that they can do better than this for him otherwise it will be a waste of his talents. The re-appearance of the Warblers made a nice change - how hot was that teacher?? - but I thought it to be a little contrived and didn't do much except to introduce us to Sebastian who wasted no time in flirting with Blaine! Still it was well performed. Generally a sound episode but not one of the best so far but I still enjoyed it. The idea of the storyline running across several episodes sort of worked. For me though, Artie almost telling Rachel and Blaine to get on with things was funny. Now looking forward to next week.LaughingLaughing

jenny_d_b

[8]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 8
    I loved how the approached "the first time" - I wish my first time was that romantic Kudos to this show for the way they approach homosexuality.

I didn't really like the songs in this one either, apart from "America" - and was the Warblers back this week or last week? Because I loved their version of "Uptown Girl". Apart from that, and "Candyman" last week, there haven't been many cool songs lately.

pamhalpert

[9]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 14

I thought it was cool to see Max Adler as a totally different character, but I'm sick of the show tunes, and I VERY sick of the writers making Mercedes a "Stereotypical Diva"!