Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Episode Discussion- Glee 1X11 Hairography (Possible Spoilers)

buffyangel4evr_

[1]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 20

Let's discuss the Nov 25 episode here.

Episode 1X11- Hairography. From TVGuide- "Will is concerned that Sue is leaking info, so he visits with a rival club's instructor (Eve) while the kids check out their competition. Meanwhile, Kurt gives Rachel a makeover, and he may have hidden motives for doing this."

Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seethae3

[2]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 10
    Aaaa! My tv cut off the last 10 seconds! The last thing I saw was Sue about to talk to the heads of the two other schools. Can anyone tell me what was said and what was the last song on the list? Thanks!

pursuedbybear

[3]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 28

Here you go seethae:

Sue gives the other teachers the club's strongest numbers.

She advises them to split the two songs between them and perform them at Sectionals. Sue will arrnage for New Directions to go last thereby making it look like they stole the songs from the other clubs. Although Miss Hitchens is outraged by the suggestion that she should cheat to win and Mr. Rhumba has trouble understanding what she's saying ("Deaf in one ear! Scarlet fever!"), Sue tells them they should concentrate on winning.

Meanwhile after Will instructs them to perform without moving ("No show biz."), the kids sing Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" without significant glances being exchanged by Kurt andf Rachel, Rachel and Finn, Quinn and Puck, Quinn and Finn. Tina takes the lead!

Edited on 11/25/2009 10:40pm
    Edited 3 total times.

sherv22

[4]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 14

Va-va-voom!

Oh, right there was other stuff in the ep besides Rachel's makeover.

Y'know, she's a knockout with the sexy stuff, but I sorta like how Rachel dresses normally. That pant suit was awful, but it wasn't really in her normal st.yle, so the joke was a little cheap.

I gotta agree with the teach, that hair number wasn't doing it for me. Too much stuff being thrown around. (Although Britney is indeed very good at tossing her hair around -- cool epilepsy indeed.) I also thought the deaf song teamup was pretty awkward. The closing piece was better, and Tina finally got her own solo. Surprisingly sweet voice.

Wow, talk about sledge-hammering the point home with the "Papa Don't Preach" number. Sometimes the show is overly fond of the whole song-is-direct-message thing. And Quinn changes her mind about a huge life-altering situation pretty fast there.

Santana: gotta act less with your neck.

Say, when are the other football guys going to get more lines?

taillow22

[5]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 11

Not my favorite episode, but it was still great. The best part about them were the music videos, in my opinion. "Papa Don't Preach" was leaps and bounds ahead of "Keep Me Holding On". I thought the video for "Imagine" was very sweet, but my favorite was "True Colors".

Is anyone surprised that Quinn and Puck are now further apart from each other than they ever were? I thought the writers were gradually going to bring them together. Then again, these writers are so unpredictable, I should have seen some twist coming... Wow that doesn't make any sense.

Did anyone else ever notice how all of the stories in this show are so connected?? Think about it; Quinn wants to spend time with Puck, so she distracts Finn with Rachel, so Kurt gives her a makeover, which leads to both of them realizing they will never have a chance with Finn. Also, Quinn and Puck babysit together, which leads to Quinn wanting to keep the baby, which leads to Terri freaking out and almost telling Will the truth. Such huge revelations start with such little things, ya know?

MemnochZERO

[6]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    I had a feeling Puck wasn't gonna change over night but you can still see there's something there, but now Quinn sees he's not commited to the same thing she is. Overall i liked the episode, but what i enjoyed most was seeing Tina get a chance to lead a song. I'm glad they're slowly moving from just Finn/Rachel/Mercedes and letting everyone get some action. Hopefully that trend continues. Also, I liked Dianna Agron's voice a lot better than MAdonna's. Blows my mind when someone outdoes the original artist.

lintball13

[7]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    This episode wasn't really the best. It really didnt have much of an exciting plot, it just seemed like part of the main plot of the whole show. It was just making everything more suspenseful overall.

thetruesora

[8]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 22
    I usually think the cover is better than the original. There are some songs that I've just thought are "ok" or "kinda good" but then hearing the Glee version in an episode I think it's FANTASTIC!

HugzxNxKissesxo

[9]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 16
    i actually dont blame Puck, i mean yeah he's in love with Quinn, but isnt she with Finn? i wouldnt expect Puck to sit around and wait for Quinn or Finn to dump each other

the girl who plays Tina (idk her name) has an incredible voice, i was so impressed

imthemediagirl

[10]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 12
    i thought "imagine" was incredibly sweet, but i loved "papa don't preach" even more! it is now my second favorite performance from the show after "don't stop believin"!