Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

"Extraordinary Merry Christmas"

alirk

[1]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 22

What did you all think? I thought it was just ok. I liked a few of the songs & there were some sweet moments, but overall it was just ok. Actually I was kinda bored for alot of the episode & I fast forwarded through parts of some of the performances...

Edited on 12/13/2011 6:46pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fachizzzzle

[2]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 4
    All I know is that NeNe from the Real Housewives of Atlanta is going to be on the next episode, and that's the best Christmas gift of all.

That said, this episode kind of existed in a reality of its own, without advancing the plot (as most Christmas specials do). Now that all of the major story arcs have closed (except for the Road to Regionals, then Nationals, I wonder what story arcs they're going to begin in January?

fachizzzzle

[3]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 4
    Oh yeah! Re: the episode, I agree that some parts were "meh," but that Christmas special was PHENOMENAL. I was DYING the entire time lol. That was the super creative Glee that I love. Basically, whenever the screen was black and white I was in heaven.

Also, I live on the West Coast, so Twitter kind of spoiled Finn's gift at the end, but when he said, "I named the star Finn Hudson, because there's already a star named Rachel Berry," ...yeahhh, that totally would've worked on me lol

waterloo1066

[4]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 6

I have not watched the show yet but don't think I will bother as Santa Baby was cut but River was included and I didn't like that at all. Each to their own I suppose.

irehawk20

[5]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 9

The episode was rated PG-L for the first time in this show's history.

Mercedes started the lead singing in the beginning of this episode.

Rory sang that Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas" song and he made friends with Sam.

I'm not sure about that pig present situation between Finchel. Rachel named it "Barbra" right after her idol.

Rachel did a partial solo on the "River" song and she looks 100% attractive in that green dress. But whenever she finishes in encore, she should pinch BOTH sides of her green skirt.

The black and white show seems liked mixed up.

Emma had no credited dialogue in this show.

The last song of this show was kinda spectacular in that homeless shelter.

nycitynygirl

[6]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 3
    This episode was just okay. The music was really good but it focused way too much on it and not on an actual plot. It was song after song after song!! I am really looking forward to the next episode, it stinks that we have to wait 4 very long weeks though!! Btw if anyone is wondering about the klaine gift scene, it was sadly cut out because the episode would have been too long. It will be included on the DVD. Spoiler blaine gives Kurt a home-made promise ring, how adorable

MrCellophane1

[7]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 7

This episode was just..... way too preachy and not that funny in the first place. The first bad episode of the series IMO. I'm giving it a C-

Edited on 12/14/2011 11:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

RenatoB

[8]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 43
    I don't get the bad reviews... ok, granted, some of the musical performances were pretty boring. I really, really didn't like "Blue Christmas" and "River". I'd never heard those songs before, and they're depressing and slow, and didn't cut it for me. I have to agree with Artie, it's lame to do a Chrismas special that isn't all cheery and fun. I really don't get what Sam's outburst was all about. Mostly because he's stupid, I guess?

The Christmas special was awesome. The old-fashioned jokes were way too lame, but I know that's kind of what they were going for. I liked the black-and-white images, the use of a laugh track, the musical performances (mostly "Let It Snow"), and the ending delivered. I'm glad they managed to get to both the events. This episode was arguably better than last year's Christmas special. It was a very lovely episode.

RenatoB

[9]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 43
    That being said, I don't care for Rory. I find it hard to understand what he's saying (and it's not funny - it's never funny, I don't understand why people think that's ever funny), the character is boring and totally wasted, and I actually don't look forward to seeing him throughout the season. Damian McGinty is talented, but the thing is: I don't wanna see another character wasted and relegated to the background, and I also don't wanna see him stepping into the spotlight because, honesly, what I've seen so far didn't amuse me. I'd rather one of the often ignored regulars gets a story.

waterloo1066

[10]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 6

RenatoB wrote:
    That being said, I don't care for Rory. I find it hard to understand what he's saying (and it's not funny - it's never funny, I don't understand why people think that's ever funny), the character is boring and totally wasted, and I actually don't look forward to seeing him throughout the season. Damian McGinty is talented, but the thing is: I don't wanna see another character wasted and relegated to the background, and I also don't wanna see him stepping into the spotlight because, honesly, what I've seen so far didn't amuse me. I'd rather one of the often ignored regulars gets a story.
    I definitely agree about Rory's part in the proceedings. Considering he was one of the 'winners' he hasn't been used to good effect since Pot'O Gold (and that performance was questionable) he might just as well have stopped at home. Harmony has IMO had a much better time of things and certainly made an impact in her appearances. At least Rory sang on his own (Blue Christmas) but as I don't know the song I'm not sure if it was good or bad but I didn't like it. I did get round to watching despite my earlier post but wasn't over impressed but you are right it was better than last years effort.

pamhalpert

[11]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 14
    irehawk20 wrote:

Rory sang that Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas" song and he made friends with Sam.

I'm not sure about that pig present situation between Finchel. Rachel named it "Barbra" right after her idol.

Rachel did a partial solo on the "River" song and she looks 100% attractive in that green dress. But whenever she finishes in encore, she should pinch BOTH sides of her green skirt.

This episode should have been rated "H" for Horrible!!!

alirk

[12]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 22

pamhalpert wrote:
    irehawk20 wrote:

This episode should have been rated "H" for Horrible!!!

lol...it really wasn't very good!

urion_nix

[13]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 14

Does anyone know what happend to Sugar? I was kinda excited her character would stay on the show with New Directions but in this episode she just dissapeared. Anyone know if she will be appearing in the next episodes?

KaiRea

[14]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 10
    It was pretty horrible.

It started okay, but the much-lauded Chewbacca appearance was literally less than a second. The christmas special section was cringeworthy and awful - I wanted to turn it off and was about to when the camera cut away. That was just painful to watch. Then the final number.... Really? 'Do They Know It's Christmas' sung to a bunch of homeless kids?? How much more bad taste can you get? That was just shocking. You just don't DO something like that. Honestly 'Feed the World' to a load of starving hungry children is just in terrible taste. Whoever's idea that was deserves something painful to befall them, let alone being fired.

katywishing100

[15]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 15

I thought this Christmas episode was so cute! The black & white scenes weren't my favorite but I loved when Kurt & Blaine were singing. I thought the song at the end was beautiful no matter what anyone says.

tvaddict_14

[16]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 10
    I was bored during most of this episode. It was not that interesting at all. The songs were not amazing and the Christmas special nearly put me to sleep. I still love the show though obviously.

sibowittz

[17]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 17
    Horrid.

If there ever was a worst Glee episode ever...this was it.

djboy77

[18]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 7

They're all way too happy singing that Mariah song.

Sue trying to play the moral high-ground is messed up.

I guess we have Oprah to thank for making "Favorite Things" into a Christmas song.

Edited on 01/06/2012 8:55am
    Edited 2 total times.