Glee Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Glee is just weird

shaynki2

[1]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 4

I mean I love the show and all but it often makes me feel uncomfortable/uneasy

The best part of the show for me is of course the singing/dancing, but when they're not doing that its just awkward with no flow or chemistry..

What do other people think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MemnochZERO

[2]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    I disagree, actually. The appeal of GLEE for me is its unique handling of the genre and exploring a newer stranger form of comedy/storytelling that hasn't really been done on TV before. Of if it has, it never caught on. Since day one I'd found it consistantly well put together and i find the mostly awesome musical stuff just an added bonus. I've probably be watching GLEE even without the music.
    Edited on 10/27/2009 3:47pm

teroriztah

[3]Oct 28, 2009
    • level: 8
    i second that....actualy the writing is very very good..... its like all those other teen shows only so much better...i love the dialogues...theyre unique....

angrodpallanen

[4]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 22
    I...third that? Glee is quirky and definitely for the underdog, but still awesome. It takes on high school in a way that The CW would never even think of, it's very realitisc, and yet still very unreal. It's like High School Musical, only with quality. The musical numbers are an extra for me too, without them the show deivers fantastic drama and a lot of chemistry between a lot of actors. (This message was in replacement of my first intended "You're weird!" comment)

MarianePoli

[5]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    You do know it is a show about "weird" people, right?

PSOGuy25

[6]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 2

the show is not your normal teen drama, it involves the teachers as well, and the supposed bad guys end up being more complex than you think, ie. sue and quinn.

i didnt catch it until like episode 4 or 5, i had missed the premiere as well as the first few episodes, so i had to watch em all online to get caught up, i just have to wait for the dvd box set to see the premiere/pilot.

i dont care much for kurt as a character, but i love the others. maybe your just not into musicals? i love the writing, its about as quirky and smart as desparate housewives and house is, but obviously a lot more tame.

lintball13

[7]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    I like Glee because all the characters are unique and have something that makes them stand out. They kind of connect to high school in real life(pregnant people, gay people, people with gay parents) so it's more of a reality. still, it's not uncomfortable for me to watch because that's not really what the show is about. (Degrassi, for example, is a show that I don't normally watch because that's what it focuses on). People on Glee are really good singers and this show is about a diverse group of high-schoolers that come together to do something they love.