Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Hopes for Season Three

bluemystique

[1]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 4

So I'd love to know what people hope to see or what like to see next season?

I personally have a few things I'd love to see.

1.Samcedes- I know this pairing was an intentional subplot used to shock viewers and spur various reactions. I for one like it. I love unorthodox couples, because despite what we'd all love to believe we continously live in a world speckled in shades of grey. When I seen that they were implying that these two were together, it hit me that it was more plausible then people give it credit for. Sam started off the season as the new guy, who though seemingly attractive and jock like seemed to still have a decent set of morals, open-mindedness, and acceptance that some of the others weren't actually accustom to seeing. He lost his way mid season being showcased as sex crazed, and shallow but then he went back to being the Sam from the beginning who was nerdy, awkward, and sweet. Mercedes has always been a diva, but she also has a heart of gold, genuine compassion for others, and though unapologetic about being who she is, she struggles with her own insecurities and awkwardness. I think they're a match made in heaven. I'd love this to be a successful pairing that won't vanish as quickly as it appeared. I'd love to see their relationship explored with a touch of reality but not more than necessary like some of the previous storylines.

2.Less Finchel...singing.- I hear that they are casting two new parts, and that's fantastic, though I still think they have enough characters to explore before adding on new ones. I'd like to see more people sing. Rachel and Finn's duets and solos tend to overshadow the amazing voices of the supporting characters. Brittany is a good singer. Santana is fantastic, Mercedes is amazing, and Artie is fun and amusing. I'd love to hear them more often....see them more often, be utilized more often.

3. Less Kurt- Kurt is one of my favorite characters on the show, but even as a Kurt fan I found the excessive focus on him this past season positively draining. His storyline pretty much dominated the entire season, and though much of it was good, it was just too much, especially when there was a lack of other more light hearted glee-tastic storylines.

4.Better use of supporting characters- Some of the characters just fell by the wayside in the worst possible way. Puck was pretty much non existant for most of the season, and was only granted a side storyline that didn't really have a purpose, with his relationship with Lauren. Mr.Shue was rendered useless the entire season. He pretty much was there to write the week's project on the board, and solidify the weekly PSA. He was poorly used the entire season. Sue was great when she was on...but again lacking in her usual charm. I enjoyed Coach Beiste...but she was there and then she wasn't and it just left me confused. Tina and Mike are only used as background props for the most part,with the occasional group shot and Asian joke (which has run it's course with it's redundancy). Mercedes had shining moments but because she is only really used when she's paired with Kurt and Kurt was away for most of the season and with Blaine pretty much the entire season, she lacked time and usage until the last few episodes. I don't get the purpose of adding Charice to mix. If you weren't Finn,Rachel,Quinn, Kurt...and perhaps Brittany and Santana you barely were seen. It's hard juggling an ensemble cast but hopefully it can be handled better next season with a halfway decent storyline for the majority of them.

5. Not so many tribute episodes- the occasional tribute episode is fun, depending on the artist and how it's incorporated into the storyline. An entire episode dedicated to Beiber was a bit too much, and I wasn't impressed by Fleetwood Mac's episode either.

6.Cut back on the messages- If a piece of work is properly written the viewers will get the message themselves w/o it being directly told them or shoved down their throats. There is something to be said about subtlety. I enjoyed Blame it On the Alcohol but they pummeled the viewers over the head with the overall message and forgot to build around character growth and actual plots and storylines.

Okay so those are some things I'd love to see. It may seem like I'm not a true fan or being too critical but I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out things you'd love to tweak or change. There is always room for improvement, even with things we love.

Edited on 06/04/2011 7:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 22

Yeah, less Kurt would be great!

kp004a8561

[3]Jun 9, 2011

I would personally like to see less gay story lines. I think Kurt and Blaine are great as a couple and have enjoyed how this has allowed Kurt to develop but withKarovsky,Brittany andSantana all having story lines about their sexuality it is getting a bit too much. I personally liked the Brittany and Artie relationship so would like to see a return to this.

I agree that there is enough supporting cast to explore without adding new members. We could look in to the familydynamicsof Lauren, Mike, Puck and Blaine. Puck wasdefinitelyused less this year but i did like his pairing with lauren.

This season did leave some questions unanswered:

1) where did Matt go?

2) why didn't Sam react to Santana dumping him for Karovsky?

RenatoB

[4]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 43
    I don't think it matters where Matt went. He transferred out, as Will said in 2.01, and that's all we need to know. As for Sam and Santana, I think they were pretty much done with after she sang (the awesome) "Trouty Mouth". But that was never addressed directly, weirdly enough. I think the writers just forgot to give it all an appropriate ending. Which I wouldn't be surprised by, considering the recent revelation that they write things behind of schedule and just in the nick of time.

jenny_d_b

[5]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    I always thought Sam kind of "ended it" BEFORE that song, thus the vengeance from Santana through the humiliation of that song.

To be honest, it never really bothered me that we didn't get to know the details of their "relationship" or how it ended. It was brief, and not very serious, probably something like a "friends with benefits"-thing, and it's perfectly okay with me that the writers don't get into every characters' lovelives.

ritaseif

[6]Jun 21, 2011

my hope's for season 3:

-Finn and Rachel stay together for the WHOLE season !

-Puck and Quinn have some interaction

-Shelby Corcoran to return !

-Kurt,Finn,Carole and,Burt have some more interaction as a family

-to introduce other glee members famlies

-more storylines for Mercedes

- more solos for Tina and Quinn

-give mike a solo

-less drama,more comedy !

aliSuz

[7]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 8

Involve more of the characters in the singing and overall storylines. I love Rachel and Finn but the others are great too. I'd love to see more of Quinn, Santana, and Brittany singing! I love Santana so I'm glad she has slowly gotten more of a storyline even though I don't like her and Brittany as a couple. I really like Brittany and Artie as a couple! Santana and Brittany are better off as best friends.

kp004a8561

[8]Jun 24, 2011

i agree that we don't need to know about their love lives but their family lives would be good

Lionheart08

[9]Jul 3, 2011
    • level: 30

Less Gay Aesops (but Karvosky and Santana will most likely be coming out next season so it's inevitable anyway.)

Edited on 07/03/2011 5:48pm

RomanZolanski

[10]Jul 3, 2011
    • level: 12
    So apparently, Sue's getting a new love interest... Personally, I would like that she gets one, but something makes me feel like Sue's personality and character doesn't really need a man in her life. It's just who she is I guess.
    Plus, IF she does get a boyfriend, could the writers PLEASE refer back to her marriage to herself. You can't just leave that out.. it's was a wedding for crying out loud. It's been established that she's happily married, lol.

ireeagle

[11]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 9

I was wondering it the season 3 finale would be this:

1) 2-part

2) This time, in Washington DC.

3) Finn wears that same black suit in New York

4) Rachel wears that same turquoise dress in New York

5) This time, no procrastination nor mess-ups on that kissing part between Rachel and Finn.

6) The glee club will end up in the top ten this time and win it all.

waterloo1066

[12]Jul 4, 2011
    • level: 6
    aliSuz wrote:

Involve more of the characters in the singing and overall storylines. I love Rachel and Finn but the others are great too. I'd love to see more of Quinn, Santana, and Brittany singing! I love Santana so I'm glad she has slowly gotten more of a storyline even though I don't like her and Brittany as a couple. I really like Brittany and Artie as a couple! Santana and Brittany are better off as best friends.

Don't forget the awsome talent of Lauren that could be developed, oh sorry she hasn't any!

kp004a8561

[13]Jul 5, 2011
    i don't think that's fair we just haven't had chance too see it with rachel hogging the light. I know that's how the character is but if you listen to the music on the albums and skip the ones that rachel is sing lead there are limited other to listen to

houdvtv1

[14]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    why no gay story lines? because its gay so the rachel and finn story is fine or the other hetero love interest are okay to be in season 3 but not the gay story lines? i think that is soooooo sad...personaly i would like the gay story line in the show so that finally the americans can accept gay people..so bring it on santana...and def less rachel and finn..bla..boring...a love interest story line is just a love interest story line it should not matter if its gay or straight...pfff americans...sigh

CrimeDramaBee

[15]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 15

1. BETTER WRITING ~Season 2 had pretty bad, careless writing. It seemed like the only thought put into writing the episodes was answering several of the following questions:

..... 1) What lesson do we want to teach (or re-teach)?

..... 2) What top 40's number do we want them to perform?

..... 3) Who will be the big name Guest Star of the week?

Thank GOODNESS for the new writing staff!

2.CONTINUITY ~I know. It must be soooo diffucult for the writers/creators, especially as they took turns with who wrote each episode. The show has become known for 3 things (the music, bad writing, and the complete lack of continuity)

3. Less OVER THE TOP; More SUBTLE and SMOOTH ~See #1

4. Out with the PREACHY LESSONS ~Poor Mr. Schue! What will he write on the board in the beginning of each episode now?! I love that they're trying to teach life lessons, but they should not be so obvious as to waste a whole episode on it instead of the actual story. (Loved 'Blame it On the Alcohol' but 'Sexy' was awful!) I loved the gay storyline(s) but I also think it took time that could have gone to other stories

4 1/2. Out with the TRIBUTE EPISODES ~One, or even two, is good enough for a year. Also, Justin Beiber?... Really?!

4 3/4. Out with the big-name GUEST STARS ~The occcasional guest stars who add to the storylines are fine (ex. Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth). Ones that appear just because they are big names in music and have to have an equally big story written for them aren't so great (ex. Britney Spears- who Glee has hated on, John Stamos,and Gwyneth Paltrow). Who's next... Lindsay? Miley?

5. Character DEVELOPMENT ~Because Season 2 totally lacked in this department unless you were lucky enough to be involved in a Gay/Lesbian storyline.

6. Use of the 'Unsung Heroes' ~Mercedes should get the chance to sing lead parts instead of belting out the last harmony notes of every group number. Of the few songs she sings, Tina hasn't finished a solo song since Season 1. What's up with that?! Artie hasn't done much, and nor has Puck, who spent the second half of the year in love with Lauren (BTW anyone remember this?: "I don't dig on fat chicks!"). Both deserve more. Quinn and Mike were the only ones who didn't get a solo in Season 2 (and Mike is the only current member who hasn't gotten one ever.)

7. Character GROWTH (not Regression)~This means Quinn mostly. I know that everyone has a case of amnesia, but really... she had a BABY! And did she learn anything... No! The first major thing she did in Season 2 was do all she could to get back on Cheerios. She also seemed to have gotten Bipolar disorder and depression (making her as crazy as Terri) along with anger management issues. PTSD, anyone? (I was surprised this carried out through the whole season).

Also, Sue needs better 'evil ways' (Dumb plots of Season 2: Comitting Sue-icide, Ruining Artie's Prom night to rip out his teeth, anything about her League (or 'Legion') of Doom)

8. Better Music ~Less in the Top 40's --> Variety of songs and generes. Also, not too many Original Songs. Each time they do one, they get less and less significant.

9. Lauren Zizes ~If she does not like being in the Glee Club, cannot sing, and cannot dance, then she should not be in the Glee Club. Also her little romance with Puck was a stretch and was not very entertaining to me.

10.*Ryan Murphy to stop being such a Troll* ~When pigs fly or Rachel Berry doesn't end up on Broadway. (which ever happens first)

Edited on 08/02/2011 5:08pm
    Edited 4 total times.

RenatoB

[16]Aug 1, 2011
    houdvtv1 wrote:
    why no gay story lines? because its gay so the rachel and finn story is fine or the other hetero love interest are okay to be in season 3 but not the gay story lines? i think that is soooooo sad...personaly i would like the gay story line in the show so that finally the americans can accept gay people..so bring it on santana...and def less rachel and finn..bla..boring...a love interest story line is just a love interest story line it should not matter if its gay or straight...pfff americans...sigh

Seriously? Yeah, you have a great point there, because we were definitely only just one step away from gay-bashing on this thread. Sad us.

What we said was that it was a bit too much and sort of unrealistic how everyone seems to be turning gay even Santana, a known maneater.

And, honestly, I couldn't care less about Samcedes. Or Finchel. Or all the other portmanteaus, really, be it straight, bi or gay All the relationships are what's gradually throwing me off this show. "Glee" has done a great job of making people embrace and understand homosexuals and all "underdogs", but enough is enough, we get it already: gay is okay.

alirk

[17]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 22

houdvtv1 wrote:

Really? Did you miss season 2 entirely? A HUGE portion of the season was dedicated to gay storylines. I get it, Ryan Murphy (the creator) is gay & he has an agenda to push. But enough is enough. When I feel like I'm getting preached to every other episode that is too much. I watch a show like Glee to be entertained, not preached at.

And, as far as your "pfff americans" remark, step off...We may be declining financially right now, but the USA is still the greatest country in the world. Not only that, but we have done/spent more to help other countries than anyone else. Not sure what country you're from, but we've probably done something to save your butt at one point or another. So, back off!

houdvtv1

[18]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 7

seriously? i mean common..the whole world knows that the homosexuals have less to no right in the united states of america..america will probably be the last western country to accept (marriage for example) homosexuality cause that is the way it goes in america. always running 50 years behind...look at you history..i am not making this up...so sure you can talk about ww2 in where the americans saved our butts from the germans..okay fine if you wanna have that victory congrats you will get it...i dont care... gay people are everywhere..so it should be in storylines cause its in your life also..people at work,someone you know etc. It does not have to be in glee all the time i agree on that..but it should be told like any other love interest in the show.. you can get mad at me for speaking the truth that is fine by me.. personally i love america..love 2 visit friends and family but the truth is you are not a very social country and that is 2 bad..but i love the states despite off the things i dont like about it..i mean sometimes i hate my own country so dont take it personal..it is fact..and just in case you really want to know, i am from the netherlands. For ones just be critical about your own country and see the problem, then shouting how great your country is cause america saved people in wars.. i mean common..that is so not the issue and you know it.. i am critical about my own country,why not..but at least there is more acceptance towards gay people..its not 100% but its better than in the states. and if you wanna shout out that the dutch are cheap or whatever i would say you are probably right and leave it at that..i am not that patriotic.

RenatoB

[19]Aug 9, 2011
    Why is there always someone in every "Glee" thread to throw every thing off the rails and anger everyone else? Geez!!

CoobyMX

[20]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 5
    I'd like less Artie singing. Most of his songs of last season were boring and they were just a lot.