Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

I Kissed A Girl

waterloo1066

[1]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 6

I uncovered this.....http://perezhilton.com/tv/EXCLUSIVE_The_Ladies_of_GLEE_Perform_I_Kissed_A_Girl/?id=9400975a38837&autoplay=false

worth a watch if you haven't already! Can't wait to see the whole episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 43
    That was hot! I loved it when Rachel brushed up against Quinn... I have this thing for the two of them and their relationship. Am I the only one who wants to see them making out? XP But, in a dream or something, of course, enough with the gay stories.

The problem I have with them doing more recent pop songs, though, is that they rarely put a new spin to it, the way they do with timeless classics. They pretty much wind up sounding the same, because it's hard to make a modern song more modern. "Teenage Dream" and "SING" were great examples of how they made good songs different (and, honestly, better - I don't like My Chemical Romance's original). But, for example, Katy's "Firework" sounded pretty much the same. As does this one.

RomanZolanski

[3]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 12
    Santana's parents were ok with it? Well then...I'm pissed lol. Legit, this episode wasn't as good as I'd hoped.But there's still 15 minutes, so I'll wait til it gets better.

irehawk20

[4]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 9

The title song was sung by all girls in the middle of this episode. But there were lies and cheats occurring in the meantime. Finally, Rachel got suspended for a week from the sectionals after oversupportting Kurt to win the election. Stupid Rachel!

nycitynygirl

[5]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 3
    I thought the episode was pretty good overall. I liked the klaien duet and finn's solo. The other performances were just okay. I thought they could have handled sanatana's coming out better, it seem rushed. Also, why was everyone making a big deal over satana being gay but not brittnay. Isn't she also gay if she is dating satana or did I miss something?? I really do not like the puck/shelby/quinn storyline and I can not believe she slept with him!!! I hope she leaves soon!! I feel really bad for kurt. He totally deserved to win. I think rachel meant the best when she cheated for him but it backfired. Im sure new directions will do just fine without her at sectional!! Next week's episdoe looks even better, cant wait!!!

RomanZolanski

[6]Nov 29, 2011
    nycitynygirl wrote:
    I thought the episode was pretty good overall. I liked the klaien duet and finn's solo. The other performances were just okay. I thought they could have handled sanatana's coming out better, it seem rushed. Also, why was everyone making a big deal over satana being gay but not brittnay. Isn't she also gay if she is dating satana or did I miss something?? I really do not like the puck/shelby/quinn storyline and I can not believe she slept with him!!! I hope she leaves soon!! I feel really bad for kurt. He totally deserved to win. I think rachel meant the best when she cheated for him but it backfired. Im sure new directions will do just fine without her at sectional!! Next week's episdoe looks even better, cant wait!!!

Britt's bi-curious, so she isn't officially gay, or even bisexual. She's experimental, hence "curious" lol. But yeah, this storyline is meant for Santana to deal with her sexuality because she's sure she's gay and doesn't wanna deal with homophobia, such as her grandmother and the guys from school. Although I agree with the rushness of her parents. Are they really ok with it? Of course it's possible, but I mean that was just out of the blue.

thribs

[7]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 8

Shame that Sue lost. She would of been awesome!

TVfreak_28

[8]Nov 29, 2011

i thought the episode was really good! first up student body election, awww Rachel I love you but why do you do these stupid things but you have to admit that thats the ultimate punishment for rachel (being banned from singing sectionals). Next yay Burt won the real election poor Beistie .

Loved the songs they were singing for Santana. Especially Loved when all the girls came to defend her in the Hallway! (and yes i saw that Faberry moment too! lol but i only like them in fanfiction) Awww when Santana told her grandma :'(

ewww i was really hoping this puck/shelby story line but moving on OMG Puck are you an idiot why the hell would you tell Quinn (btw damn that was some serious evil/scary glares Quinn was giving Shelby didn't know Dianna Agron could look that scary lol)

OMG Sams back next week! but WTH is he doing?! Can't wait for next week.

what did everyone else think?

TylerA46

[9]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 11

How stupid are you Rachel? 150 extra votes.

RomanZolanski

[10]Nov 30, 2011
    LMFAO I was just laughing my ass off when she put all those votes in. 190?! Damn...

RenatoB

[11]Nov 30, 2011
    WTF WHY IS QUINN SO INSANE??? THAT BITCH BE CRAZY!

This was a nice episode, not too preachy, but still not that good. I'm just surprised how all the stories are wrapping up so quickly. I had no idea the musical would be in episode 5, and now the elections were all held in episode 7... not that I'm complaining, it's good when things don't drag out for much, I'm just surprised.

I hate Santana's abuela.

RenatoB

[12]Nov 30, 2011
    Also, why can't Kurt dress normally? Seriously, that's just ridiculous, every single outfit he wore in this episode made me roll my eyes.

RenatoB

[13]Nov 30, 2011
    Also, I'm really loving this season, they've really mastered the overlapping of storylines and the usage of little twists now and then. I just wish, like most of you, that some characters (i.e. Emma, Mike, Tina, Mercedes, Sugar, Artie, Rory) would get more screentime. Also, BRING BACK TERRI! I love that psycho.

waterloo1066

[14]Nov 30, 2011

[QUOTE="TVfreak_28" (btw damn that was some serious evil/scary glares Quinn was giving Shelby didn't know Dianna Agron could look that scary lol)

OMG Sams back next week! but WTH is he doing?! Can't wait for next week.

what did everyone else think?

Not watched it yet(just about to) but http://www.tvline.com/?s=glee might give you some answers. You could also check alirk's Forum post with reference to Quinn going off the rails

fachizzzzle

[15]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 4

I agree. I'm glad that the stories are wrapping up quickly. The first episode of this season set up four major story arcs (i.e. the musical, the election, sectionals and NYADA), and they've all been given time to grow and breathe, and one by one they're wrapping up. I like this because the multiple storylines make each episode feel more important. I feel like the last two seasons there would be a theme for each episode (i.e. "Let's sing ballads!" or "Let's sing about alcohol!" or "Let's sing about the word 'hello,'" and the episode would kind of be pointless, but with this season, the story arcs are weaving together, bringing out interesting conflicts, and then ending. This is great because they can create new story arcs for the second half of this season, and they can give time for other story arcs to grow. For example, these past two episodes that dealt with Santana's storyline wouldn't have worked so well if they were still gearing up for the musical.

The episodes this season seem so much more important than in seasons past. I'm anabsolutismGleek, so I'll watch the show no matter what. That said, I feel like I'm no longer watching the show just because it's Glee. Now, I'm actually really interested in the storylines (Particularly Santana, Quinn and Mike's stories).

fachizzzzle

[16]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 4
    Also, I LOVED this episode. Naya Rivera needs an emmy. That said, I think it was Quinn's story that really got me. I'm so glad that Puck addressed her craziness. Everyone has been bashing her, but I've been saying all along that her behavior is a cry for help. She got pregnant at 16, got kicked out of her house, and disowned by her father, her parents got divorced, she gave up her baby to Shelby, she lost her "good girl" reputation, and she went from being the head cheerleader, to a social outcast in mere months. She has been crying out for help for so long. Whether she's desperately trying to become prom queen, dying her hair pink, or trying to freaking steal a child, she has been crying out for help. I think the scene where she was desperately begging puck to impregnate her was brilliant because it really put her crazy on display to the point where it could no longer be ignored. Each week, Quinn has been growing more evil, and I've had faith that they were going to set up a storyline where they address the underlying reasons for her behavior, and was so relieved when they began this plot on last night's episode. I would love to see Rachel take Quinn to talk to the school counselor. It'd be great to see Quinn in Emma's office giving a tearful monologue about what she's been going through these past few years, and every few episodes, we can see more scenes with Quinn in Emma's office (or a therapist's office) trying to piece her life back together.

waterloo1066

[17]Nov 30, 2011

I have just finished watching 'the' episode that has everyone talking. My first reaction (a blokes view) can we please have more of Santana, what a super star and super sexy with it!

The episode on the whole I thought was much better than I had first imagined after reading the early spoilers. The were sections which IMO were fan-tas-tic. The scenes when Finn sang to Sanatna and when she was rejected by her grandmother nearly, but not quite, brought a tear to my eye - guys don't cry do they?. I thought they were really well executed, both Finn and Santana need a medal for their performances. I din't see much point in Puck's song at first as I thought it just made Shelby feel uneasy and possibly a little guilty but the pay off was Quinn's glares near the end of the episode were priceless. It was worth sitting through the song just for those! As for Kurt's clothes (see RenatB's comment) I don't know what they were all about either. As for that thing round his neck early on in the episode, it reminded me of an Amazonian tribal modesty pouch - I wonder where it had been? All I can say is that Burt's garage must be doing really well as his son, it would appear, spends more on clothes a week than I earn a month and I am quite well paid. His song with Blaine was one of their better ones. I have said this before but Kurt is much better we he sings in a more natural key rather than when he has his bits caught in a vice! It was really nice the way the two groups supported Santana, especially when the girls walking through the corridors sort of protecting her. Has Quinn just grown recently or has she always been much taller that the rest? Glad Sue lost the election. Did anyone notice that she has learned joined up writing since last season? Is there such a thing as an iPhone 5, I thought we had just got the 4S (at least in the UK). Glad Brittany won her election. Doh, was anyone really surprised? Generally a good episode for me touching on some difficult situations i.e. Santana being gay and her rejection by her grandmother, Puck and Shelby getting up to stuff that they relly shouldn't be doing and Quinn's neurotic/psychotic sate of mind. Poor girl she is really in a confused state. Perhaps a scene with her and s shrink might be interesting, she could scare the c**p out of him/her! Did anyone else shout hurray when Rachel was suspended? I like her singing but her character is starting to annoy me a little. In this series the writers have projected her as confused, needy and this week stupid, I do hope the writer's get some decent story lines for her soon. Come to think of it Rachel has not been in the forefront much so far this series and she still can't dance. Whenever there is dancing involved they either show Rachel's face or hide her behind someone else. Any way I digress so will stop here, sorry it's a little dis-jointed but I have a butterfly mind.

waterloo1066

[19]Nov 30, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    WTF WHY IS QUINN SO INSANE??? THAT BITCH BE CRAZY! This was a nice episode, not too preachy, but still not that good. I'm just surprised how all the stories are wrapping up so quickly. I had no idea the musical would be in episode 5, and now the elections were all held in episode 7... not that I'm complaining, it's good when things don't drag out for much, I'm just surprised. I hate Santana's abuela.

Sanatana's abuela? I had to look this up to find what it meant..............So do I, the old misery!