Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Is Glee returning for a 4th season?

urion_nix

[1]Nov 6, 2011
    • level: 14

The Glee Project Season 2 is on its way but ratings haven't been helping the tv show and i've read one statement from a Fox Exec Producer that Glee won't be returning for a 4th season. But Ryan Murphy hasn't said anything yet.

What do you think?

Is Glee already cancelled?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[2]Dec 2, 2011
    Well Rachel and Finn are both seniors, what would the show be without them? I hate think about it.

alirk

[3]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 22

It's waaaaaay too early to even be thinking about wether it'll be back next season. Personally, I think it will be back, but it's really too soon to say for sure.

mange85

[4]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 6

Its to soon to tell if Glee will be renewed for a fourth season or not.

fachizzzzle

[5]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 4
    Glee is absolutely going to be around next season. You have to remember that there's a difference between the ratings being lower than last season, and the ratings being "bad." Glee is still one of Fox's most popular shows.

This link explains why Glee is going to be here next season:

http://www.tvrockstars.com/fox-bones-glee-american-dad-fringe-new-girl-and-more-renewed-or-canceled-november-25-2011/

This link includes the show's most recent ratings (including I Kissed A Girl)

Also, don't forget: The Glee Project is already filming its second season. Oxygen would not have agreed to that if there was any chance that the show would be cancelled. Fox has definitely renewed the show, but hasn't announced it yet.

Nerdnot

[6]Dec 4, 2011
    The 4th season won't be the same though. I bet there are loads of fans just watching for the Finn Rachael relationship.

waterloo1066

[7]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 6

Nerdnot wrote:
    The 4th season won't be the same though. I bet there are loads of fans just watching for the Finn Rachael relationship.
    You are probably right but....... Don't forget Brittana as they are both seniors (allegedly) although some sources suggest that Brittany will not graduate and repeat the year so what will happen to Santana is anyone's guess. I for one will not miss Kurt - Blaine is not so bad. Puck and Quinn will also be leaving and I will be glad to see Puck go as he has generally been a spare part, until recently. I will miss Quinn to a point as her character could be still developed further. As for Rachel and Finn, who are not my favourite couple, I think that you could well be right. It is a good opportunity for the producers to start to phase in more of the Glee Project winners from series 1 and also from the new series 2. The popular word is that Glee will definitely run for another season but, as one or two of the earlier post suggest, it is too early to know what the future holds.

NiallB31

[8]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 8

Glee will be back for season 4. The ratings are lower than last season but are matching those of early season 1 so the show won't be canceled because of ratings.

Lionheart08

[9]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 30

Dropping ratings and majority of the main cast leaving does make it too promising.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it does get renewed, but I believe the 4th season would be it's last.

irehawk20

[10]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 9

There will be a 4th season on this show, but they just have to deal with losing Rachel, Finn and Kurt. But I'm afraid that after season4 it might get cancelled, that I can tell, even if my explanation might be complicated.

pamhalpert

[11]Dec 7, 2011

If they are losing Cory, Lea, and Chris; then the only chance they have of survival is to not have a graduation, and continue season 4 as the same school year. Losing 1 star is bad enough, but losing 3 stars would be almost to much to take for any show.

arturob

[12]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 2

What I found amazing was, when the Troubletones returned, how much talent was gathered on stage - I think one underlying message from Glee is that there are hundreds of incredibly talented singers out there that we would normally never get to hear. I think a new season will give us a new set of stars that will be as great as the previous seasons have been and if they can keep the singing as good as it has been the last two shows there will definitly be an audience.

Edited on 12/07/2011 12:35pm

Danah

[13]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 3

it certainly is too early to talk about the probability of a fourth season, but i would be sad if they made it with a whole new set of actors!!! we all got to know and love those characters, the annoying and the good. they just have to come up with a good way to keep it going, it would be sad to lose it completely.

Nerdnot

[14]Dec 12, 2011
    Danah wrote:

it certainly is too early to talk about the probability of a fourth season, but i would be sad if they made it with a whole new set of actors!!! we all got to know and love those characters, the annoying and the good. they just have to come up with a good way to keep it going, it would be sad to lose it completely.

My point exactly! Another season could mess the show up after this.

stui8

[15]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 30

They could do what Degrassi does, bring in newcharacters as the older ones graduate and also keep the older ones around somewhat.

chilipalm

[16]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 3

I want to see more of the Blaine and Berry show.

pamhalpert

[17]Jan 3, 2012
    chilipalm wrote:

I want to see more of the Blaine and Berry show.

That Blaine & Berry Show was so uncomfortable; it made my scalp itch!!