Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Makeover (Episode 4X03)

irehawk20

[1]Sep 21, 2012
    • level: 9

I don't know what this title is all about, but we are having problems with this show so far...

1) Tina needs more lead solos in order not to be wasted, so far she's doing alright.

2) Jayma Mays, who plays Emma, should not be put in the guest list at all, due to the fact of her character engagement with Will.

3) Where's Rory?

4) We needs eight more members to make it sixteen for the New Directions!

Discuss this episode anyhow.

Edited on 09/21/2012 8:52am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrCellophane1

[2]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 7

Probably one of the most average episodes in a while - it wasn't spectacular, it wasn't terrible. That's really all I can say. The only truly cringeworthy moments were Sam stripping at the assembly and Brittany being portrayed as a cartoonish clown AGAIN. And I guess the Vogue music video was kinda "bleh" as well. I enjoyed the return of Dalton Rumba and gave a huge sigh of relief that they didn't butcher him. The return of Finn was probably the only real exciting part in this episode.

Overall, boring, but nothing offensively bad.

Grade: C

DocKev

[3]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 3

MrCellophane1 wrote:

Probably one of the most average episodes in a while - it wasn't spectacular, it wasn't terrible. That's really all I can say. The only truly cringeworthy moments were Sam stripping at the assembly and Brittany being portrayed as a cartoonish clown AGAIN. And I guess the Vogue music video was kinda "bleh" as well. I enjoyed the return of Dalton Rumba and gave a huge sigh of relief that they didn't butcher him. The return of Finn was probably the only real exciting part in this episode.

Overall, boring, but nothing offensively bad.

Grade: C

I agree with everything you wrote. But it sounds like I liked this episode even less because of 3 things:

1. I hate that they're starting to make Sam the male "Brittany" (What's a debate? Come on, even Brittany knew what a debate is!)

2. When the 2 girls at NYADA were putting down Rachel, it only confirmed to me that the NYADA student body is going to be written as inconsistently as the Mckinley High student body....... helping Rachel to put together a "special" performance one week, then cutting her down the next week.

3. When the committee mentioned that funding had been cut at the school for the deaf kids, all I could think was "Gee, wouldn't it be great if there was a local congressman who ran on a platform of keeping funding to the arts who could help out here.....oh, wait....there is.....it's Burt Hummel!" Why worry about putting Will onto this when Burt is in a much better position to battle this? I hate when the writers conveniently forget what they wrote only 1 season ago!

It's too bad, the first two episodes filled me with a lot of hope. I agree that Finn showing up at the end has me hopeful for a better episode this week.