Glee Forums

FOX (ended 2015)

Matthew Morrison feels trapped on "Glee"

Do you side with Matt?

RenatoB

[1]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 43

Matthew Morrison has apparently publicly stated that he feels 'trapped' working on "Glee". You can read the full article here. Honestly, I have to say I kind of feel sorry for him. To be trapped in a job one doesn't particularly enjoy anymore... it's gotta suck. There are worst things, yes, and he acknowledges what "Glee" has done for him, but still...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[3]May 6, 2012
    • level: 14
    Torn

ArtistUnknown

[4]May 8, 2012
    • level: 2
    Definitely agree, and it's a huge fault on the show that there are certain characters that are pretty much tied to it with no hope of escape and will either sink with it or fly with it. The students can be written out easily (Matt, Sam, and the seniors this season are prime examples) but the teachers... not so much (well, Will, Emma, and Sue); especially his character, who's pretty much the glue that's holding everything together. It sucks, too, because I really wanna see what he can do after he leaves, and if he can't find a way out then he won't be able to do much.

bonjovichick

[5]May 15, 2012
    • level: 16

Nope- No sympathy. When this 7 years is up and he tries and fails at other things he will learn he should consider himself lucky to have had something that lasted so long. He is one of thos typical TV people who hits on a show and thinks it is because of them and they can be a big star elsewhere. Dozens of TV 'Stars" think and for every 100+ only maybe 1 has a huge career after their one hit show.

KaylaVickers

[6]May 16, 2012
    • level: 3

EXACTLY!!!! Look at Shannen Dorety from Charmed she had her character killed off at the end of three seasons cause she thought she could do better. Boy was she wrong that show lasted 5 years without her!! She should've stuck around think about how much better off she'd be with 5 extra years of royalty money coming to her!!! SUCKER!!! Alyssa Milano isn't doing much these days in TVland --her show Romantically Challenged didn't fare so well

Lots of the "stars" need to check their ego when they sign into something that people connect with. It's hard for fans to give themselves to a show and really connect with the characters and when they do these actors need to realize that the time they have on TV is fleeting and those fans could be here today and gone tomorrow. Savor this time while you have it and appreciate that you are on the air. Many other shows are cancelled after only a few episodes if the actors or writing isn't connecting with an audience. BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE A JOB IN THIS ECONOMY!!!!!

RomanZolanski

[7]May 17, 2012
    • level: 12
    I think Matt is so pissed because his character was named one of the 20 most annoying characters on TV by EW. And besides, he is starring in the upcoming movie "What to Expect When You're Expecting". He should've realized that 7 years is a long time lmao.

legersem

[8]May 18, 2012
    • level: 20

Nope, no sympathy from me. Damn the luck of being on such an iconic show as Glee. Did you not read over your contract before signing it, Mr. Morrison? Because what I'm getting from your tone is either that you signed on to a project expecting it to fail or you have joined the ranks of such talented actors as Katherine Heigl and Chord Overstreet (from your own show, no less) who get too big for their britches, want out, leave, and then realize what a mistake they've made when they don't do anything after and desperately attempt to come back. Be grateful you have the ability to go in to work every day and get paid as much as you do on the show that "trapped" you. And on top of that, I feel like those "really cool movies" would have been able to work around your shooting schedule if they'd really wanted you. Lea Michele has managed to be in a few movies on the side, so it really comes down to how you manage your time. In any event, if this article is true, Matthew Morrison has just lost a lot of respect from me.

RenatoB

[9]May 19, 2012
    • level: 43
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    I think Matt is so pissed because his character was named one of the 20 most annoying characters on TV by EW. And besides, he is starring in the upcoming movie "What to Expect When You're Expecting". He should've realized that 7 years is a long time lmao.

:'( Susan Delfino made that list... it made Teri Hatcher sad. I'm not kidding, she posted on her official Facebook page that she had seen the list. I felt bad for her. The woman defended her series tooth and nail over the course of seven seasons, downplaying catfight rumors and lauding the storylines, and then she gets faced with this. She's always the butt of... everything, really. Too bad.

As for Matt, I do think he is rather delusional, TV actors don't just break into the movie business big time like that. I think he'd be smart to stay on "Glee". But it must suck to do something he's not passionate about anymore. Yeah, yeah, be glad you're on a bit TV show, making big bucks, we could use all sorts of arguments to criticize him, but we can also try and sympathize. If he's complaining, clearly he has some reasons to.