Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Mattress Talk: Will and Terri.

lexacliche

[1]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 16

I really felt sorry for Terri, I mean I really felt sorry for her. All this time she felt that lying to her husband was the best way to keep their relationship strong.

We knew the moment would come for Will to stumble upon Terri's lie, I mean really, how long could she have kept it up? There could have been times where he could turn around and surprise her with a belly rub. Even though she became extremely alert in bed, there would be that time for the coin to drop and the two faces revealed, but I really did not expect it. While Will went scouting for hs pocket square, I knew the moment had arrived for him to connect the dots. I seriously thought he was going to hit her there!

Even though everything she went through to cover it up, was manipulative and conceited, I still felt remorse. The fact she believed a lie could help their marriage was beyond saddening. I mean really, I understand her. I don't think Will should have suffered through the false belief of being a father, but I also didn't appreciate his love affair with Emma, when he believed he was going to be a father.

Even when Terri was believed to be pregnant, he held on to his misguided feelings for Emma. So imagine if Terri broke the news then, only for him to ask Emma what was to be his next move. I mean a marriage is supposed to mean something, and even Emma told Terri to back off when she thought Terri was getting in the way. The irony.

The moment he realized the pregnancy was fake, was the biggest moment for me. He said he loved her, but I couldn't believe him, especially since he couldn't stand spending time with her at school as well as home, because 'they would have nothing to talk about at home'. Their marriage was really 'messed up' from the start.

I hold my opinion, I do feel sorry for her, no one would ever want to be in that situation, especially when a simple human error was made and having a sister that condones it doesn't really help. I could tell she did care about hm, but after he turned his back to her, I really do not know if there's coming back from that.

I commend Jessalyn Gilsig and Matthew Morrison for that rendering performance, well done indeed.

What do you think, will they make it?

Full Discussion Here:
    Edited on 12/03/2009 11:51am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sunnstar7

[2]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    I understand why you would feel bad for her, but I really don't. I hated Terri from the start and I'm really glad Will left. Even as a girl, I can put myself in Will's shoes (before and after this episode) and I would act exactly like that. I'm praying they get a divorce... we saw in the preview that Emma's going to be at sectionals (the clip was like half a second long, if you blinked you missed it) so at this point I think they're finally gunna get together.

So yeah, I see what you're saying, but I honestly don't feel any pity for her anymore. It was 1000% her fault.

lintball13

[3]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 10
    I don't think the producers of Glee meant for us to hate Terri, it just happened to be that way. I don't know what they'd do for the next episode. It might be too early for a divorce between Will and Terri because Emma and Will getting together is more of like a show finale thing. I have no idea what Emma did about her and Ken's wedding,because if you watched the last episode it gave you a preview to the upcoming episode and they said that Emma was taking the Glee club to Sectionals. Sectionals was supposed to be the same time as her wedding and Ken insisted on not changing it.

Sugar2U

[4]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 9
    hey when is it ok to lie to someone??? ummm never.. and this was a big one.. she could have told Will that she lost the baby. That would have been a lie but at least he would not have expected a baby in 9 months. She could have milked a misscarrige and still kept Will. BUT this lie is just too big to gloss over. I was so glad at least one lie was laid to rest. NOW Quinn has to come forward and tell Finn. And btw, Quinn's dad cannot just throw her out. She is still underage. I mean the least she should do is go into foster care.

lexacliche

[5]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    Terri has given anyone real reason to despise her. She constantly uses every moment with her husband given, to talk him down a notch. She also lied to her husband for so many months and in a twisted way used and abused her marriage to her advantage. So I understand why she would be despised and torched. Still when you actually look at the character Terri covers, inside she probably even feels the very same way. She wears pride and perfection as a front, but inside she is self depreciated, tormented dipped in with hint of pathetic that she probably even recognizes herself. Her husband was probably the only one willing to stick by her and with her manipulative way of thinking, the only way she could have kept him in her life was to bring him down. Pathetic.

What could frighten a person like that more, was if their strategy of constant 'downer talk' reflected back and their husband became not only happy but began falling for someone else. In Terri's twisted mentality that would have meant the end of not only her marriage, but what ever self worth she got out of it. This entire situation reminded me of the relationship between Frank and Denise in 'Army Wives' minus the crazy and obsessive compulsive. Denise and Frank had the presumed perfect army marriage, but the moment Denise began picking up habits outside of the normal trend to their marriage, he got scared and even acted irrational. Imagine a crazy Terri in that situation. I'm sure if Terri did have the idea of the miscarriage she would have used it, especially if she didn't have a sibling rooting for her throughout the nine months, she could have pulled it off. Maybe Terri could have came clean. Yet the only time she saw him smile for real was when he thought he was becoming a father. In fact, maybe that's why she kept the lie going, even when she knew it was wrong. Terri is not alone though, she was right about Will's affair with Emma. All the times he spent teaching Emma dance lessons and engaging himself emotionally to fall for another woman and emit that jealousy towards a friend. Terri's crazy was out of hand, but it came from somewhere and she probably would have lost him anyway. Here we have an uproar of people rooting for Will and Emma, the other woman and Will... then there's the broken hearted Terri left standing at the door.

I think that was the first time we actually saw her cry and the only way she knew how to say she loved him. Will definitely needs to take some blame, however small the percentage.

As for Quinn, there are some truths which need to be revealed, but one can only endure so many heart breaks at a time.