TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Glee Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Nationals

WaltonChunky

[1]May 23, 2011
    • level: 5

So I'm no expert on how a show choir competition tier system works, but since Vocal Adrenaline is in the same region as New Directions how on earth did they not compete against each other in regionals?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]May 24, 2011
    • level: 43
    I have no idea... I don't think anyone does, that's been discussed before, doesn't really make sense, particularly considering the previous season's finale was all about Regionals and Vocal Adrenaline was there. Unless this year they were immediately qualified for Nationals without going through the other two eliminatories, you know, like some countries are immediately allowed to go to Eurovision. But if that's the case, then there should really be some mention of that in the season finale, if not that'll just be a big plot hole.

akkigrl

[3]May 24, 2011
    • level: 10

I always just assumed that the "system" (which I don't know for sure about) maybe pits local choirs against each other in different groups each time. Like for Sectionals, the first year they went up against the deaf school and the all girls school, but this second year they went up against the Seniors group and the Warblers. *shrug* The only choir they've gone up against twice in the same competition was ("the not at all stupidly named...") Aural Intensity at Regionals.

Edited on 05/24/2011 10:14pm
    Edited 2 total times.

WaltonChunky

[4]May 25, 2011
    • level: 5

That would be a decent explanation, but they said they were among the 50 best choirs in the country. Now that could be a randomly chosen number, but I think it's safe to assume it represents the 50 states.

On a second note, I'm sorry if a group were truly going to compete on a national level, there is no way in hell they would start writing songs days before a competition. Even if you had the lyrics composing the music would take more than a couple of hours. This show may not strive to be realistic, at least don't assume your audience is mentally deficient.

Edited on 05/24/2011 11:30pm

alirk

[5]May 25, 2011
    • level: 22

WaltonChunky wrote:

On a second note, I'm sorry if a group were truly going to compete on a national level, there is no way in hell they would start writing songs days before a competition. Even if you had the lyrics composing the music would take more than a couple of hours. This show may not strive to be realistic, at least don't assume your audience is mentally deficient.

LOL...I had never thought of that, but it is so true!

ireeagle

[6]May 26, 2011
    • level: 9

They did not end up in the 10 ten for some reasons. For example: 1) Rachel and Finn kissed during that performance, 2) they changed the music in the meantime, and 3) the guy wheelchair may be good performer, although he looks too obscene in that wheelchair.

It's alright people, they just ended up in 12th place. If they return to New York, they'll do better.

alirk

[7]May 26, 2011

ireeagle wrote:

They did not end up in the 10 ten for some reasons. For example: 1) Rachel and Finn kissed during that performance, 2) they changed the music in the meantime, and 3) the guy wheelchair may be good performer, although he looks too obscene in that wheelchair.

I doubt very seriously that Artie being in a wheelchair made any difference at all. And what do you mean when you say "he looks too obscene?" That really makes no sense to me. Probably the main reasons they didn't were 1) the kiss, 2) they weren't as prepared as they should have been, 3) the writers wanted somewhere to go in future seasons

ireeagle

[8]May 26, 2011
    • level: 9

alirk wrote:

ireeagle wrote:

I doubt very seriously that Artie being in a wheelchair made any difference at all. And what do you mean when you say "he looks too obscene?" That really makes no sense to me. Probably the main reasons they didn't were 1) the kiss, 2) they weren't as prepared as they should have been, 3) the writers wanted somewhere to go in future seasons

Well, there are some critics that do not like to see anybody in the wheelchair, like Artie, to appear in the public performance. Other critics can analyze Artie's inside to the public while performing. Wheelchaired people, as a matter of fact, cannot dance while singing. I don't think Artie is considered that worst. He may looked obscene, but his inside is convincing, IMO.

alirk

[9]May 26, 2011

ireeagle wrote:

alirk wrote:

ireeagle wrote:

Well, there are some critics that do not like to see anybody in the wheelchair, like Artie, to appear in the public performance. Other critics can analyze Artie's inside to the public while performing. Wheelchaired people, as a matter of fact, cannot dance while singing. I don't think Artie is considered that worst. He may looked obscene, but his inside is convincing, IMO.

I still don't understand what you mean by "obscene"...I think maybe there is a language barrier that we just can't cross Wink

RenatoB

[10]May 26, 2011
    • level: 43
    LOL at the language barrier. Artie does look a lot like a dork for someone who acts like a Jay-Z wannabe, with all his "yo-yo"s and hand gestures. But he doesn't look obscene. Santana and Brittany dancing like burlesque girls with Gwyneth Paltrow's Holly in the chairs in 2x15, that was obscene, as in, not appropriate/very erotic.

buildam2005

[11]May 27, 2011
    • level: 14
    ireeagle wrote:

alirk wrote:

ireeagle wrote:

And I think to claim that "some critics" would ever--in real life, at least, though that's not exactly what we're talking about--deduct points from a team for anything if they had someone performing in a wheelchair is a pretty overgeneralized assumption. What is this, the 1960s?