TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Glee Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Discussion Thread, "Asian F"

alirk

[1]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 22

Original airdate: 10/4/11

Discuss away!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Sep 28, 2011

I'm looking forward to meeting Emma & Mike's parents & also hearing Matthew Morrison sing Coldplay!

ceejay_03

[3]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 3
    Is really getting upset when each episode airs...not to do with how the show is...just means that some of the cast will be graduating and not going to return to season 4. Thats totally going to suck. how can u have a tv series where the cast change every 2-3 seasons. They should at least make the story line about the glee club group and what they do after they graduate. I know the shows about glee club, but still the characters will be missed.

alirk

[4]Sep 29, 2011

ceejay_03 wrote:
    Is really getting upset when each episode airs...not to do with how the show is...just means that some of the cast will be graduating and not going to return to season 4. Thats totally going to suck. how can u have a tv series where the cast change every 2-3 seasons. They should at least make the story line about the glee club group and what they do after they graduate. I know the shows about glee club, but still the characters will be missed.

I'm really not getting upset about that yet. We're only 2 episodes into the season. And who really knows what's going to happen?

fachizzzzle

[5]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 4
    Umm, not to sound sketchy, but Mike's parents are both super attractive lol. Explains a lot

pamhalpert

[6]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 14

Rachel, Finn, & Kurt are all 3 waaaayyy to big to leave the show. I smell a spin-off coming next year!!

alirk

[7]Oct 1, 2011

I read that this is going to be the best episode of Glee yet. Very excited to see it!

mange85

[8]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 6

canĀ“t wait to see this episode, they are saying that its epic and best episode ever made..

alirk

[9]Oct 4, 2011

Well, I don't think it was the best episode ever, but def the best in A LONG time! So much character development. I loved the Mike story. I'm really not liking Mercedes very much at the moment. I think her attitude was totally unacceptable in this episode. Also, does anyone else get the feeling she might be pregnant? I don't know, just my theory =) I think this was prob in the top 5 episodes of Glee so far. Great episode! I'm just sad it's not coming back 'til November =(

sibowittz

[10]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 17
    alirk wrote:

Well, I don't think it was the best episode ever, but def the best in A LONG time! So much character development. I loved the Mike story. I'm really not liking Mercedes very much at the moment. I think her attitude was totally unacceptable in this episode. Also, does anyone else get the feeling she might be pregnant? I don't know, just my theory =) I think this was prob in the top 5 episodes of Glee so far. Great episode! I'm just sad it's not coming back 'til November =(

Best episode yet! I disagree with what you said about Mercedes. Everything she said in this episode was spot on, and I'm glad the writers choose to tackle the issue this season. Mercedes is Glee club's best female singer, IMO, and Rachel is starting to realize that she might not be as good as she thinks she is, at least when it comes to Mercedes. Even though she could have assessed the issue in a more subtle way, she was totally RIGHT! I loved the part when she sang "It's All Over"...best cover in a while. Amazing. Loved Emma and Mike Chang's storylines as well. The storylines are soooo much better this season.

alirk

[11]Oct 4, 2011

sibowittz wrote:
    alirk wrote:

Best episode yet! I disagree with what you said about Mercedes. Everything she said in this episode was spot on, and I'm glad the writers choose to tackle the issue this season. Mercedes is Glee club's best female singer, IMO, and Rachel is starting to realize that she might not be as good as she thinks she is, at least when it comes to Mercedes. Even though she could have assessed the issue in a more subtle way, she was totally RIGHT! I loved the part when she sang "It's All Over"...best cover in a while. Amazing. Loved Emma and Mike Chang's storylines as well. The storylines are soooo much better this season.

Well, some (maybe all) of the things Mercedes said were true, I just didn't like the way she said them. She was totally disrespectful to Mr Schuester & the glee club. I think maybe her new bf is a bad influence on her. I think the Mercedes' storyline is going to get very interesting this season =) I must respectfully disagree with you about the best female singer...Rachel is the best & dare I say I think Santana is 2nd

RavenFreak120

[12]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 21
    Liked this one. Is the next new ep REALLY not til November?

Endoplasmic888

[13]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 7
    Lol, I love how they just randomly threw Santana back into Glee club. This shows plot is so stupid...

legersem

[14]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 20

Phenomenal episode. Quite a step up from the past few episodes and a real step in the right direction for this season. Rachel and Mercedes both shone through in this episode and the conflict within both of them is starting to become more apparent. I honestly didn't know who to side with. I agree that Mercedes was a little out of line and she should never have spoken to Mr. Schue that way, but what she said made sense. Rachel, on the other hand, is starting to become more humble and the fact that she admitted that someone was better than her is a big deal for her.

Mike Chang's story was great, although I thought the scene with his mom went too quickly and the fact that she was a dancer was a little too much for me. The ensuing dance between mother and son was nice though.

Basically, the whole episode was wrapped up by one of the most poignant and moving montages and ending numbers they've done in a while. Fix You was amazing, even coming from an avid Coldplay fan. I got a lump in my throat listening to it and it was the perfect ender for this episode. Adding on the little surprise (hey, it made me sit up in my seat...talk about planting and payoff) of Mercedes joining Shelby's glee club was just the icing on the cake.

Can't believe that there won't be another episode for essentially an entire month, but it was a fantastic place to end this run of eps.

bonjovichick

[15]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 16

Personally I think Santana has the best femalevoice but that is just my perference.

I also think that the role in Maria should of gone to Rachel in the first place and not to Mercedes. She probably sang the one song a little better than Rachel but this is about who is best in the role and the auditions didn't focus on who has any acting skills. The roles in plays don't always go to the very best singer because you need someone who can act. Having to just guess at their acting skills I would assume Rachel has them and Mercedes really doesn't because she always just focuses on her singing.

alirk

[16]Oct 5, 2011

I thought one of the best things about this episode was finally getting to see/hear Mike sing!

waterloo1066

[17]Oct 5, 2011

bonjovichick wrote:

Personally I think Santana has the best femalevoice but that is just my perference.

I also think that the role in Maria should of gone to Rachel in the first place and not to Mercedes. She probably sang the one song a little better than Rachel but this is about who is best in the role and the auditions didn't focus on who has any acting skills. The roles in plays don't always go to the very best singer because you need someone who can act. Having to just guess at their acting skills I would assume Rachel has them and Mercedes really doesn't because she always just focuses on her singing.

I have to agree, Santana's voice is probably the best in the sense that it is far more flexible and varied. I just love it when they team her and Mercedes together - hand in glove springs to mind! Having said that, IMO Santana does have the 'best' voice! There is no denying that Rachel's voice is awsome but she only seems to shine when singing powerfull ballads(mostly), probably because this is what she excels at. Yes she should be Maria not only because she can sing but because she can act as well. Mercede's voice is fantastic but I just can't see her as Maria it's a shame that she got all stroppy and 'left' New Directions, no doubt she will soon be back - like Santana. Did I miss Santana's audition or did they just give her the part of Anita to save time? I don't know the character of Anita but I am sure that Santana will sing it well. It's a shame that Kurt had his nose pushed out of place by the part being given to Blaine. It will be a change not to hear his overly high pitched voice for a while. He and Mr Schu must have worn the same make of underware this week although I did think that Kurt's falsetto(?) was far superior to Will's, a poor second - why did Will have such a pained expression on his face when he was singing? Was it the tight underware again? 'Finally getting to see/hear Mike sing' was great. At first I thought that the voice was a dubbed but I really think it was him miming to his own voice, let's hope so as it's about time so that he can be given a wider range of storylines like Brittan, I really loved her song by the way. Mike's dance routine was amazing he really deserved the part of Riff even though there was no competition. Anyway it should be interesting to see how the cast members progress as the 'show' comes closer to opening night! By the way does anyone know why there are no more episodes for a few weeks? I find that curious to say the least. Did I mention that Santana has the best voice, if not, Santana has the best voice. Should I say that again? No, someone will accuse me of favouritism!!!

silvergirl07

[19]Oct 5, 2011

I really liked this episode. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best ever, but it was definitely one of the best.

Mike's storyline was great and for someone who put "can't sing" on his t-shirt just a few months ago he surely has a great voice! There was only one thing that I didn't like that much - and that was the dance with his mother. Man, for a great dancer like Mike this was a terrible waltz.... if you can even call it that.

About Mercedes. I think what she said was essentually true, but how she said it bugged me. I agree with her, it has been a Rachel Berry show a lot of the time. (And Rachel's arrogance is getting on my nerves!!) But I think she shouldn't have blown up in everybody else's face like that, especially Mr. Schue, after all he is still her teacher.

Honestly, I thought Kurt would be moping about the entire Toni thing. Thank god he wasn't. And I say it again: Blaine, lose the bow tie!!

I also loved Emma and Will in this one. Finally we got to see why Emma's the way she is. Her parents are aweful! I am a redhead too, and I hope that one day I will at least have 1 child with red hair too. But I am surely not going to look for a redheaded guy just so that "our race won't die out." (which by the way is supposed to be around 2100 and not in 30 years). It broke my heart to see Will so helpless when her OCD started again. Great acting!! Fix you is one of the best closing montages they have ever done!!

LeytonTLA

[20]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 16
    great episode, i love the comments as well ^^ mercedes bugged me aswell i can see her points but she should of been better by them, also i cant believe they all talk to shue that way!! you would think they would be a little bit nicer as he is a teacher!
    bless rachel, mike, emma even mercedes at some points, i thought they all did great and there stories were amazing, i loved emmas storyline and i wasnt a huge fan of her to begin with but now she is amazing, the whole end scene was great its been a while since they've done an episode like this i really enjoyed it!