Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Discussion thread, "I Am Unicorn"

alirk

[1]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 22

Discuss away!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Sep 23, 2011

I'm curious to see what the title means...

ireeagle

[3]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 9

According to the other websites of this upcoming episode: Will initiates a boot camp on the glee club by making them into Unicorns while singing. Meanwhile, Shelby returns to help Rachel increase her singing life. Remember Shelby back earlier in Season 2? That's all I can explain about.

pamhalpert

[5]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 14

What a great episode. When did will become such a hard a$$???? He put Santana in her place last week, and destroyed Quinn this week. That was great!! From the looks of next weeks preview. Rachel will lose to Mercedes, and then quit Glee for a while.

alirk

[6]Sep 27, 2011

I thought it was a good episode. I really didn't care for the songs (I fast forwarded through most of them), but I liked the episode as a whole. I think the Quinn storyline is going to get very interesting...

TVfreak_28

[7]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 6

i loved this episode! I especially liked Rachel's initial reaction to Shelby when Shelby tried to talk to her. i really hope they expand more with Rachel/Shelby relationship i feel in this episode that we really got to see a bit of how Shelby's leaving affected her. and i loved how puck was super sweet and trying with all his might to prove himself worthy for Beth and then at the end with when Quinn said she'd do whatever it takes to get full custody of Beth man are we in for some drama!I really do hope Blaine auditions for tony! i love Kurt but i just don't see him as Tony. Can't wait for next weeks!

bonjovichick

[8]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 16

Though Rachel might not be my favorite charachter she is so the right person to play Maria. Blaine is obviously a better Tony and really he should try out for it or he will resent Kurt.

Puck has always been one of my favorites and I love all the growth he has shown.

silvergirl07

[9]Sep 28, 2011
    I like Quinn less and less... who does she think she is?? No-one in their right mind would grant her full custody of Beth! She's never cared for her the last 1 1/2 years and now she sees a photo of her and wants her back? I thought it was great how Will exploded in her face. Serves her right. It's so obvious that Blaine's gonna get the role of Tony which will of course lead to trouble in paradise. Kurt will be in a huff and sulk for a while. (intersting fact that Blaine is a junior... I always thought he was Kurt's age)
    And I hope that anyone besides Rachel wins Maria!! Seriously, she has a great voice, but her arrogance is getting quite annoying.

I loved Puck trying to be responsible and take care of Beth. He's a good guy behind his macho act. Loved the booty camp. Got them working together again.

mkerazor

[10]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 1
    Im tired of the music in this season, it was way better in the first seasons. More recognized music Plz...

F... Showtunes

ireeagle

[11]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 9

Okay, this show ended up in second place again in FOX Tuesday Night, but one good thing about this episode, unlike the previous one, was Shelby's return to help do a duet with Rachel on singing "Somewhere".

waterloo1066

[12]Sep 29, 2011

An interesting episode.

Somewhere was excellent, the best so far for this series, Rachel's and Shelby's voices really do go well together (shame about Rachel's funny faces, why does she do that?).I didn't like the murdering of Romeo and Juliet though, I could hear Shakespeare turning in his grave, he diserves better than this. As it was played for laughs I guess that makes a difference?

Blaine must be one of the oldest juniors ever, quite a stretch for the imagination but I liked his audition piece Something's Coming. I do, however, wish that he wasn't quite so enthusiastic but he did remove his bow tie! Artie wishing he could give him a standing ovation was priceless. Kurt's audition song I'm the Greatest Star was an excellent effort as well but in too high a key. Perhaps the song is supposed to be sung this way, I am not familiar with the song in its original context. IMO he sounds much better when his voice is pitched a little lower - not so forced.

I like the promise that the Quinn/Puck/Shelby storyline is showing, it looks as though it could well develop to being one of the series best. The setting up of a rival show choir basically as another reasonto bring Shelby back seemed very contrived. There are two other perfectly good story lines i.e. Rachel's mum and Quinn's baby/adoptive mum thread. The scene with Sugar and Shelby was thought-provoking as I am sure that Sugar can sing better than she has so far, the singing lessons were a nice touch. Who knows she could become a star of New Directions (possibly what is intendedin future episodes).

Brittany was hilarious as ever - 'O' being the catital of Ohio and her running for president should be fun, endless humorous lines to look forward to. The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of Santana's partthis week - perhaps she was away recording or something! I am a HUGE fan of Santana and it just seemed odd with her being nice to Brittany instead of being a bitch to everyone. The comment to Kurt about the Unicorn was a classic. I hope Will can forgive her and let her back into the New Directions after all he has let the ex skank (and scheming) Quinn back so there is hope for Santana yet (there are 22 episodes left so plenty of time)

I loved the lines between Will and coach Beiste with reference to her eating habits, no wonder she is a large lady.Wanting her lady parts excited thoughis an eye watering prospect!!!. It was also nice to see Mike having a larger role to play even if it was a dancing role. I wonder if he could also take singing lessons from Shelby. I think that there could be a song from him in Asian F. Again Tina and Mercedes took back seat this week and I hope that this is addressed soon - Mercedes singingnext week? We will have to see if Tina's role will develop as the series progresses. I wanted this in the last series but it didn't happen.

jenny_d_b

[13]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 8
    I can't decide if I want Rachel or Mercedes for the part of Maria. I love Mercedes' voice so much, and she's under-used. But Rachel is a better actress in the show. I don't see Mercedes being able to play Maria with her attitude. Rachel is very arrogant, but she's always approaching the arts humbly. Such as songs she find to be too complex for her and stuff, you can see how hard she works. So a part of me thinks she really deserves it.

I loved Artie's "standing ovation" too - Artie is totally cool.

This episode made me cry, which hasn't happened in a while with this show. I thought Will's glitter outburst on Sue last week was ridicolous, but this week, he was dynamite! I loved seeing him standing up for himself and for the Glee kids to Quinn. That was great.

Quinn seems to be more cruel than we'd think... what happened to loving Quinn? Late last season she was helping Sam when he was homeless... and now she pretends to be back just to ruin things for Shelby. The only mature decision she's made in the last couple of years is giving up her baby.

Puck is really growing into a man! I love his toughness, but I'm a sucker for the ones who are soft on the inside. I was glad to see Kurt's dad be all natural with Kurt's gayness this week. I can see what he's struggling with. I do agree, however, that Blaine would be a better Tony. I think Blaine will run, but feel awful about it. Eventually Kurt will see it was the right thing to do, and I think they'll breeze through this. But if both Rachel and Kurt get their dreams squashed, I wonder what this will do to those characters? I mean, I really DO want them to become the stars they've always wanted to be (yes, I know I care too much about fictional characters), but I think they both have some personal growth ahead of them if they ever want to reach that goal. The thing with both Rachel and Kurt is that they have both incredibly high self-esteem and incredibly low. They both hate themselves sometimes and they judge themselves very harshly if they make mistakes. At the same time, they're both aware they're very talented. I think Rachel's over-self assurance when it comes to her music is just her way of seeming confident, you could see - especially in the scene with her mom, but also when the prospect of Kurt leaving her came up - that she's still very insecure. But she's grown, she's standing up for herself. I've always liked Rachel, and I like her better than ever now.

jenny_d_b

[14]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 8
    Finn leaving her, not Kurt. This stupid thing won't let me edit.

djboy77

[15]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 7

Couple of things. How on earth did the tone-deaf girl's father become rich when all he does is throw money down the toilet? She may be his daughter, but how stupid is he? For that matter, if he's so rich, why is she at McKinley and not at Dalton's female counterpart? This better not be a fake-out where she disappears for a while, then comes back with a Broadway singing voice after having "lessons" for three weeks.

On the topic of stupid people, Quinn is incredibly stupid to admit she's faking it to one of the key people (Puck) who told her to clean up her act. It's like, your friends and family stage an intervention for your drinking. You tell them you're cleaning up and getting sober, then whisper to one of them that you're still sneaking drinks of vodka out of your water bottle. Stupid, stupid and stupid some more.

Getting a little bit annoyed with characters having heart-to-heart talks with a revelation thrown in for good measure, then one scene later forgetting everything that just happened, like the episode is cut together out of order. Kurt realizes he is who he is and that's okay, even if he's not right for parts like whatshisname from the thingo play. Episode ends with him cracking it when Blaine is asked to read for the part of whatshisname from the thingo play.

alirk

[16]Oct 1, 2011

djboy77 wrote:

Couple of things. How on earth did the tone-deaf girl's father become rich when all he does is throw money down the toilet? She may be his daughter, but how stupid is he? For that matter, if he's so rich, why is she at McKinley and not at Dalton's female counterpart?

How did he get so rich? Well. probably because this is a fictional television show...

djboy77

[17]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 7

alirk wrote:

djboy77 wrote:

Couple of things. How on earth did the tone-deaf girl's father become rich when all he does is throw money down the toilet? She may be his daughter, but how stupid is he? For that matter, if he's so rich, why is she at McKinley and not at Dalton's female counterpart?

How did he get so rich? Well. probably because this is a fictional television show...

Then why the hell are you even here, if you're completely incapable of considering or discussing the in-universe narrative?

[ If that ↑ bothers you, remember this is just an internet forum. ]

alirk

[18]Oct 14, 2011

djboy77 wrote:

alirk wrote:

djboy77 wrote:

Then why the hell are you even here, if you're completely incapable of considering or discussing the in-universe narrative?

[ If that ↑ bothers you, remember this is just an internet forum. ]

Take a chill pill dude. Like you said: it's just an internet forum