TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Glee Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Props/Nationals

irehawk20

[1]May 12, 2012
    • level: 9

This episode is a 2-part on the Nationals located in Chicago, Illinois.

- Rachel and Tina sing Irene Cara's "What A Feeling".

- I don't understand why they included a spoiler when Tina hits her head on the fountain for no reason?

- Switched personalities occurring.

- Jesse (Johnathan Groff), the mean guy is back.

Now for the last time, the New Directions should fight harder and better and, this time, no kissing and no distractions during the performance!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mitoch

[2]May 15, 2012
    • level: 11

irehawk20 wrote:

Now for the last time, the New Directions should fight harder and better and, this time, no kissing and no distractions during the performance!

Just a bunch of crap songs. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and "Pinball Wizard" are vintage songs? Really?

And of course, now it's set up for a transvestite character. Yay! / sarc

Nerdnot

[3]May 15, 2012
    • level: 14
    Woah, MVP for show choir?

Mitoch

[4]May 15, 2012
    • level: 11

Nerdnot wrote:
    Woah, MVP for show choir?

Also, last year didn't the top ten teams move onto another performance round? Are we to assume they already did the initial round, New Directions moved on,and we only saw the finals performances?

Another question, last year Rachel said the "top fifty" show choirs were there for the competition. Given 1 from each state (Regionals competition), how do two choirs from Ohio (New Directions and Vocal Adrenaline) end up at Nationals?

nexpose

[5]May 15, 2012
    • level: 3

I'm just glad they didn't pull some crap where New Directions didn't win. It's true the songs weren't as strong for either team as in the past but after 3 years they did it!!! Great ep. and the way it should be.

djboy77

[6]May 16, 2012
    • level: 7

Hoped the switch would be a lot longer. Finn and Puck are cute together. They kind of lampshaded that it took a body-switch for Tina to get a solo. And it's a pity it didn't really happen. Bieste and Puck was great.

Why would they use the AutoTune-heavy "Starships"? Really bad song choice. Uniq also looks bored through most of the performance. And my immediate thought about Vocal Adrenaline's choice of shirt color was right - pit-stains. You don't wear that in a rigorous performance under lights. Overall, not an unexpected outcome.

Edited on 05/16/2012 7:38am
    Edited 4 total times.

irehawk20

[7]May 16, 2012

Well, good job, New Directions! You fought hard and you did not do distractions during the performance!

I'm glad that, even if Vocal Adrenaline is tougher, New Directions beat them because New Directions know how to alternate leads, while Vocal Adrenaline was dependent on Unique the kid lead singer.

I'm also glad Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) got some storylines and singing solo for the first time. I hope she'll do the same thing for the next whole season 4.

Jesse, the mean guy and manager of Vocal Adrenaline, talk to Carmen nicely and tried to give Rachel a second chance for NYADA. I hope I don't see him ever again at all.

Will got a Teacher of the Year award at the end, but will he marry Emma? Emma can sing some more songs as much as she can.

RenatoB

[8]May 19, 2012
    • level: 43
    I liked "Props", but "Nationals" annoyed me. That whole thing about it being so different from last year's Nationals is indeed just... weird. 50 teams last year, 10 made it to the final round... this year we see three in the finals? What? What happened? How come so little people question this? Anyway, I was SO looking forward to all the ND musical numbers. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" are two of my all-time favorite songs. And both performances were incredibly disappointing. I found it just horrid how Rachel NEVER moved and everyone just stood there singing back-up. Well, not everyone, a select group of people. I get that it's a ballad, but so was "Faithfully", and she and Finn moved around during that and everyone else joined them on stage for the big finish. Seriously, this performance was so lame and generic. Didn't move me at all. Bored me, in fact. And they ruined "Paradise...". Cory Monteith sucked big time in the Meat Loaf part. It was just so disappointing. And the choreography to "The Edge of Glory" was terrible, it is such an energetic song (although surprisingly accompanyed by a terribly lackluster and slow Lady Gaga video, not sure if that was on purpose...), and the dancing was so meh. Just didn't go with the song. I re-watched the Whitney ep today, and the dance they did for "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" was much better. And they WON? After all these crappy performances, they won? When they'd already done such kick-ass performances in the previous two finales that didn't win them the awards? Ridiculous. I was already pretty confident they'd win, but if that's to be the case, RIB, then at least make the performances worthy of the accolade. They SUCKED!!

I'm not being bitter, by the way. The stories have been great lately. I feel "Glee" has been slightly rejuvenated, and might be even further come season four, with a different cast. I might just stick around. I'll surely be checking out at least the early stages of season four. But these performances... incredibly bad.

mcq83

[9]May 19, 2012
    • level: 3

I loved "Props" but I found "Nationals" a bit confusing. If creators wanted to dedicate a whole episode to Nationals, They would show all the championship. I remembered that in Season 2, ND didn't enter into the top ten so they came back Lima. I wanted to see their enter in the top ten and after their finale performance.

Also, I expected to listen all "It's all coming back to me now" perfomanece but it was edited. And why Blaine didn't sing. He has one of the best voices of ND. Better than Finn

However, I expect to see Rachel in NYADA and Blaine and Tine how captains of ND.

RenatoB

[10]May 19, 2012
    I'm glad Blaine didn't sing much these last two episodes. Don't know if y'all have ever noticed this, but Darren Criss tries way too hard, it's aggravating. He is just very unnatural.

irehawk20

[11]May 22, 2012

mcq83 wrote:

I loved "Props" but I found "Nationals" a bit confusing. If creators wanted to dedicate a whole episode to Nationals, They would show all the championship. I remembered that in Season 2, ND didn't enter into the top ten so they came back Lima. I wanted to see their enter in the top ten and after their finale performance.

Also, I expected to listen all "It's all coming back to me now" perfomanece but it was edited. And why Blaine didn't sing. He has one of the best voices of ND. Better than Finn

However, I expect to see Rachel in NYADA and Blaine and Tine how captains of ND.

Blaine is even way better than Kurt and he will be given more solos in Season 4. Yeah, you're right, he and Tina will became captains of New Directions during that time.

marknmo

[12]May 23, 2012
    • level: 12
    I think I enjoyed these two eps more than you guys sound like you did, but one thing REALLY bugged me about it: Quin getting the use of her legs back so easily/quickly. I mean, last week she was just barely getting out of her chair, and now this week she has an entire, fast dance routine memorized and perfected. I felt that was ridiculous and cheapened the whole storyline she was going through. I've NEVER heard of someone being crippled and then being able to fast dance all within a month. They had such a big storyline for her to follow through with and then they just brushed it off so quickly, like it wasn't a big deal.

matsee

[13]May 23, 2012
    • level: 12

Sue says that Jennifer Beals must be rolling in her grave.

Jennifer Beals however is still alive and this is something that the editor has trouble understanding when I made my submission about it.

Jennifer Beals is still alive but the editor refuses to accept this fact. The editor is incompetent and should be removed.

Nerdnot

[14]May 24, 2012
    • level: 14
    matsee wrote:

Sue says that Jennifer Beals must be rolling in her grave.

Jennifer Beals however is still alive and this is something that the editor has trouble understanding when I made my submission about it.

Jennifer Beals is still alive but the editor refuses to accept this fact. The editor is incompetent and should be removed.

How do become an editor anyway? I want to become trusted on a different show.

RenatoB

[15]Jun 1, 2012
    To become an editor you must outrank the current editor by X points (forgot how many) or, in case the editor quits, be the next highest ranking editor on the list. That's how I became editor of the DH guide. Good luck, though. Last year, after noticing how poor this guide is, I made, like, 20 contributions to the episodes. Half of them were rejected and the editor sent me a message saying I shouldn't make that many submissions all at once because they could be considered spamming and could all be deleted. And they were all valid cast notes for the episodes. So, basically, my guess is he was just lazy to go through them all. Something I would never do on the DH guide, I moderate everything sent my way. As for becoming a trusted contributor, you are nominated by an editor. So, if you're interested, you should ask the current editor via private message.