We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Glee Forums

FOX (ended 2015)

Saturday Night Fever

irehawk20

[1]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 9

This episode explains the 1970's disco music.

Discuss anyhow.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[2]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 14
    I think that may have been the worse this season. WHERE IS QUINN!!!!! WE WANT QUINN!!!

RhodesWren

[3]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 3

Really didn't like this episode at all, it featured too much of two characters I've never liked...Finn and Mercedes...and I was only a fan of a few of the songs, because of who was singing them. Alex Newell looked great during the Sectionals scene, though!

BoredWithBadTV

[4]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree!!! Love the Saturday Night Fever movie and all songs picked. Except for Santana's version of Yvonne Elliman's "if I can't have you", the rest of the cast completely horrified me. It's peculiar that the writers and the directors pick out the worst people to sing iconic songs, i.e. Finn.

At least Quinn, last episode, sounded good. Just like the senior ditch day at the roller coaster, the show goes up and down, down, down. My advice for people who haven't seen this episode, skip it.

LilPeregrine

[5]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 6
    Where's RORY? I want RORY! And I'd like him to get sensible lines for once! Please?

Anyway, this episode stared characters I've never really liked: Mercedes, Finn and Alex Newell. Ok, Alex is not a character, he's a real person, but I really didn't like his performances in the Glee project, and didn't see how he'd fit in Glee (he's SO like Mercedes-the-Diva (whom I already don't like)...). But he really was kinda great in his trans scene.

Though this episode was NOT great (I'm not sure it was even "good"), I liked the fact that Mercedes (though, again, I don't like her character and think Amber Riley deserves WAY better) finally had her "moment". From day 1, it seemed like the writers never bothered writing her a story. She seemed to have no parent, no history, no future. She simply was an (annoying) Diva, and that was it. But here, it looked like after 3 long years avoiding the subject, the writers finally sat down and said "Hey, this is getting ridiculous, we HAVE to write something to make this character believable!".
    That was F****** time, guys!

MrShotShot

[6]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 15
    I give this episode a big thumbs up simply for that outfit that Santana had on.

irehawk20

[7]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 9

MrShotShot wrote:
    I give this episode a big thumbs up simply for that outfit that Santana had on.

While Finn was singing his own disco song, Santana looks attractive in her mint blue-green dress.

hal90042000

[8]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 5
    I have to say that was one of the best episode that I've seen love the musical number and even they were paying homage to a classic 70s movie they kind of one uped SNF in that movie they were danceing in Glee they were danceing and singing the songs. My Favorte would have to be more then Finn singing more then a woman to Rachel any scene with Rachel doing anything is good Rachel is my favorte charcater and is suck's to think that she won't be in the show next season.

Adokensan

[10]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 10

hal90042000 wrote:
    I have to say that was one of the best episode that I've seen love the musical number and even they were paying homage to a classic 70s movie they kind of one uped SNF in that movie they were danceing in Glee they were danceing and singing the songs. My Favorte would have to be more then Finn singing more then a woman to Rachel any scene with Rachel doing anything is good Rachel is my favorte charcater and is suck's to think that she won't be in the show next season.

Rachel will be in the show next season.

hal90042000

[11]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 5
    Adokensan wrote:

hal90042000 wrote:

Rachel will be in the show next season.

That's awesome Rachel is the bomb.

waterloo1066

[12]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 6

Quinn and Artie's 'I'm Still Standing' was excellent. Santana's 'If I Can't Have You' was awesome and not just because of what she was wearing ;P Finn 'strutting' his stuff was hilarious, apart from that an okay episode.

RenatoB

[13]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 43
    "I'm Still Standing" was from the previous episode.

I honestly thought 3.16 was pretty sucky, and too much of a filler. And I honestly hate what's going on with Quinn. They paralyze her, and then do an episode that's all about Blaine, an episode in which she is barely featured (this one), and another in which some random dude falls for her. Storytelling doesn't get much worst than this.

RenatoB

[14]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 43
    That being said, I did like the rather bold thing they did with Wade in this episode, and that "Boogie Shoes" performance was a standout, in a season where I haven't really cared much for any performance.

RomanZolanski

[15]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 12
    All the falsetto made me irratated lol.