Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Shooting Star (Episode 4X18)

irehawk20

[1]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 9

This next episode was be aired in April 11, 2013, unfortunately, that means we have to wait for a while until then.

I don't want any procrastinations on these important episodes to get aired right away in this season: Regionals, Nationals and Graduation.

So Episode 20 should be the Regionals, Episode 21 should be the Nationals and Episode 22 should be the Graduation containing Tina, Brittany, Artie, Blaine and Sam in it, before they move to New York!

So please discuss this anyhow!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pamhalpert

[2]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 14

I'm confused. What girl was texting him??

bmoshier

[3]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 46

I'm almost to the end of the episode and I don't understand the time line. Maybe there is a goof that needs to be in the trivia section maybe not . . .

At 00:42 into the episode, Sue is telling Figgins about her shooting the gun. He asked her about the casings and bullets. Sue explains how she got rid of the evidence and how it took her a couple of days to come forward.

Ah!! What!! A couple of days. OK . . .

But then later in the episode (00:56) it is 3:30 in the afternoon and Ryder is waiting for the girl (or guy) who catfished him to show up. This means we're at tomorrow (the next day) given the shooting happened the he agreed to see her/him tomorrow (he wanted that day but agreed on next day).

Yes, it is possible they delayed, but the episode doesn't show this delay. Bottom line there is a goof somewhere ... A) What Sue said; B) Not showing or telling us about a rescheduling or C) something else.

Am I missing something and if so WHAT?

Thanks!!

bmoshier

[4]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 46

WOW on Sue and Becky!!

I'm impressed by Sue and my opinion of her has gone up a great deal! I guess it shouldn't surprise me, but her help them by being tough attitude just rubs me the wrong way. It is how some bullies (in my past) explained trying to help me. IMHO, there is always a respectful way to help with the same and usually better results.

In any case, I also don't want to see Becky expelled. She deserves a safety net and Sue's comment's about the changes that have been happening since the 1970s are right on!! The downfall of America started when politicians and business people felt they could and should use America to raise up the rest of the world economically speaking. Yes, I understand they thought by raising others we'd benefit .... Well supply side economics didn't work then or later on ... and now we're paying for it on so many levels.

Solution? I don't know ... go back to a strong dollar? .... Wow, how everything goes back to $$$

------ Edit / Update -----

Are the powers that be really writing Sue's character off Glee? Is something up with the actor playing the part? While I'm not happy with Sue's behavior a lot of times, I really don't want to see her leave the series. Yet, it could be for a bit and like the group and Sectionals, hopefully Sue will return. :-) Hopefully on the club's side in a positive manner and not using the get tough bully method she's been using over the years.

Edited on 04/12/2013 8:11pm

MrCellophane1

[5]Apr 17, 2013
    • level: 7

Wow, it's been a while since I had to... praise an episode.

While its beginning made it look like it was going to look the same crap this season has been feeding us, when the Katie storyline came on, it all fell into place. What really helped this episode was that it all took place within the high school - there were no stupidly boring college scenes to drag it down, which made me happy.

The Ryder/Katie storyline, despite the fact that it seemed to materialize out of nowhere the episode it was introduced, is the first genuinely interesting storyline this entire season and I really hope that it doesn't end in a disappointing way.

The lockdown scene... ohh my, the lockdown scene. I felt genuine tension during that scene. Every single character's performance was absolutely stunning, even the new kids, and I never really considered any of the new kids to really be talented actors (sorry, fans of them). Kitty finally confessing that she sabotaged Marley's dress... that was a surprise I really liked. As for the disaster, I actually hanging onto my seat waiting for the revelation, and if it even was a gunshot.

The actual revelation was really the only thing that brought down this episode, and it didn't even bring it down that much for me. I absolutely hated what an insane character they've made Becky these last few seasons, and that whole "gun" thing just ruined her even further for me.

One last positive: a possible return of Ken Tanaka? This episode might have hinted at it...

Overall, the positives far outweighed the negatives for me - the very first time in a while that's happened. I really liked this episode, but I have serious doubts that this trend will continue.

GRADE: A-

Edited on 04/27/2013 3:19pm

irehawk20

[6]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 9

Becky should have been expelled from school also, for the gun use. I'm glad Tina did not fall victim of the school shooting, even if she was late for the choir!