Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Swan Song (Episode 4X09)

irehawk20

[1]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 9

We know what happened at the end of the previous episode. What will happen at the beginning of this episode? Discuss this episode, anyhow.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

djboy77

[2]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 7

Why was Kitty not kicked out of glee club instantly? Or suspended/expelled from school. Nonsense. No consequences for anything.

This show's making less sense. Rachel and Cassandra were on par, in a dance that didn't actually look all that complicated (mostly rubbing up against things and people), particularly since they took halves. I was expecting like a Fred Astaire number. Whatever Cassandra's point was, it was lost on me.

Rachel is Jewish.

The Britney-Sam thing was a little too self-aware, fourth-wall-breaky. She's been with guys before. We know this. They could have just reminded us of it and moved on instead of hanging a lampshade on it.

Looks like Cassandra can suck it.

The correct way this episode ends is someone knifes Kitty and they sing as she bleeds out on the ground, before dumping her lifeless body off a bridge.

But, no, she's there singing with them like nothing happened, like they're her friends and gives a rat's ass about a single one of them, and wouldn't - and didn't - betray each and every one of them with that smarmy, plastic smile on her face. Because, no consequences, right?

Overall, very much an episode of resets. Reset the glee club back to season 1, reset Kurt's future back into NYADA. Do I just go dig out the first season and start playing it from here?

Edited on 12/07/2012 4:14am
    Edited 6 total times.

kimsoojeung

[3]Dec 7, 2012

I totally agree with you.

I was waiting for that moment when Kitty gets what she deserves and what happened? nothing!!!!

Where's the justice?!

I love Glee but it's hard to watch it these days.

WarrenFlahert

[4]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 1

Not wanting to repeat what everyone else has said but its all true! The real geek comes out now but i hear that song from the end of the BUffy Musical episode "where do we go from here?" it seems as if the writers have written themselves into a corner because a show about a glee club that now suddenly for the next 13 episodes has nothing to do! I will say though that i will stop watching if that kitty character doesn't get what is coming to her because she is to blame not Marley for the debarcle that threatens to de-rail the rest of the season. I guess we will see what happens now, i will conclude by saying that i dont think Glee should/will see another season if the rest of this one is filler!

Rant over :-)

irehawk20

[5]Dec 7, 2012

I was wondering why Kitty was not blamed as Marley? Kitty was the guilty one cursing Marley with laxatives. Now the New Directions was disqualified from the sectionals and the Glee Club was destructed by Sue Sylvester! Finn is trying his best to reconstruct everything by letting everyone showing themselves what's their music is all about inside!

There's one bad part that after the Brittana breakup, Brittany and Sam are dating for no reason! Sam is more cuter than Brittany!

Rachel was gorgeous singing inside and outside of herself, especially when she sang her favorite Christmas song, which I guessed before, "O Holy Night".

We better not forfeit nor retreat from the big problem on this next episode!

MrCellophane1

[6]Dec 8, 2012

It was okay. Nothing too good, nothing too bad. Like a typical season 4 episode, the only real excitement in the end and the beginning and middle just feel like filler. I hate how Finn is turning into sort of a "Mr. Schuester Light."

Other thoughts: Brittany and Sam have NO chemistry, although I did like how Brittany wasn't portrayed as being overly stupid.

Overall, a season 4 Glee episode by any other name.

GRADE: C

DocKev

[7]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 3
    MrCellophane1 wrote:

Other thoughts: Brittany and Sam have NO chemistry, although I did like how Brittany wasn't portrayed as being overly stupid.

So, eating cheerios off a floor that has been walked upon by hundreds of students (the three second rule for food touching the floor, for goodness sake!) doesn't qualify for being "overly stupid"?

MrCellophane1

[8]Dec 9, 2012
    DocKev wrote:
    MrCellophane1 wrote:

So, eating cheerios off a floor that has been walked upon by hundreds of students (the three second rule for food touching the floor, for goodness sake!) doesn't qualify for being "overly stupid"?

Well, i guess that would be the exception...