Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

the Glee kids "ages"

charlie_chan

[1]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 7

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the ages that these actors were cast to play as their tv high school counterparts. In real life they all range from 19-27ish but from what I can tell from other sources the majority of them are playing 16 year olds (what is that? Freshmans? Sophmores?).

from what info I've collected-

Rachel Berry- 16. aka Lea Michele- 23.

Finn Hudson- 16. aka Cory Monteith- 27.

Mercedes Jones- 16. aka Amber Riley- 24(?).

Kurt Hummel- 16. aka Chris Colfer- 19.

Artie Abrams- 18. aka Kevin McHale- 20.

Tina Cohen-Chang- 16. aka Jenna Ushkowitz- 23.

Quinn Fabray- 16(?). aka Dianna Agron- 23.

Noah "Puck" Puckerman- (?). aka Mark Salling- 27.

It's just strange that so many of them are so much older in real life that they were cast as practically being freshman (though they REALLY do pull it off huh?!). except strangley.. Artie is the "oldest" of the Glee kids but the 2nd youngest of the actors. just thought it was some interesting facts also, can anyone confirm or deny any of the #s I found?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shenbrat

[2]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    16 usually cooresponds to being in Junior year. Of course that can be thrown off if someone didn't start school at the usual time, was held back or skipped a grade. Also depends on what part of the school year you are in. A sophomore might turn 16 before the end of the school year (if his or her birthday is before summer) and some seniors could start the school year 16 if they have a fall birthday.
    Edited on 09/20/2009 6:08am
    Edited 5 total times.

taillow22

[3]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    I remember in the pilot episode Rachel told Will that she was just a sophomore.

GabiStosberg

[4]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    It's usually pretty hard to find good actors who are that young. Especially actors who have good comedic timing. So it's not surprising. I mean, look at the high school musicals. They're all in their 20s.

shenbrat

[5]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    GabiStosberg wrote:
    It's usually pretty hard to find good actors who are that young. Especially actors who have good comedic timing. So it's not surprising. I mean, look at the high school musicals. They're all in their 20s.

True, it's common. Even going back to the movie Grease Olivia Newton John was almost 30 and John Travolta was in his mid 20s.

charlie_chan

[6]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    shenbrat wrote:
    16 usually corresponds to being in Junior year. Of course that can be thrown off if someone didn't start school at the usual time, was held back or skipped a grade. Also depends on what part of the school year you are in. A sophomore might turn 16 before the end of the school year (if his or her birthday is before summer) and some seniors could start the school year 16 if they have a fall birthday.

oh 16 is Sophmore/Junior? lol WHAT was I thinking?? been tooo long since my high school days I guess, haha.
    only thing I worry about is.. I hope they don't do each season as a "school year" because that would mean if Artie really is an "18yo" then he would be graduating the next year, right? or maybe he was held back in his early years cause of his disability at some point? hmmm :/

philecho

[7]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    I agree : I think there are really too old for the job! Although I do enjoy the show very much....