Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

"The Haters"

  • Avatar of shadowclone7290

    shadowclone7290

    [1]Apr 20, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 117

    Listen I understand that not all people are going to like every show that I like but I am so tired of you haters talking smack. I understand that you have opinions and sure it is ok for you to express them but if you don't like a show stop watching and stop posting against it. Because when you just keep posting about how much you hate a show it scares off people who might enjoy it because they see all of this negative stuff about it. Constructive criticism fine, but "This shows sucks!!!!!!!!!!"...




    Tell me what you guys think and post this to other shows you like if you think it has merit


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alirk

    alirk

    [2]Apr 20, 2011
    • member since: 10/15/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,530

    I agree there are alot of "haters" on some of the TV.com boards, but I think their negative comments reflect back on themselves. I mean really, what kind of person continues to watch a show they hate? And even worse they take the time to go on a message board and bash a show they hate? I think it just kinda makes them look ignorant...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fachizzzzle

    fachizzzzle

    [3]Apr 20, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 32

    I mean, I agree with you and all but you have to keep in mind what website this is. TV.com clearly "I Hate Glee Fan Club" Headquarters. It's where people, both users and bloggers/journalists who don't like the show come to hate on it. Whenever the users see the word "Glee" written on any "review" of the show, they just flood the comment section to make it known that they think that glee sucks, and that they did not watch it. The people who write the stories always clam that "they are rooting for the show", and that they "want to like" it, but that's really just their way of trying to appear neutral when they bash the show, and criticize it in the most ridiculous ways. The only reason they even cover glee is because they know that people will comment on it. As a lover of the show, I'll be the first one to tell you that it's not the best show in the history of mankind, but it's a quality fun show. To use your "review" to criticize Gwyneth Paltrow just because you don't like her (see the homepage story), or to be completely offensive by choosing not to refer to Karofsky by name, but rather as "Secret Gay is so unprofessional, and ridiculous.


    I honestly only come to tv.com to see the message boards about the show, and to see how the fans of the show rate each episod. You can't get upset about the haters though (particularly those on this website) because as previously mentioned tv.com is the "I Hate Glee Fan Club" HQ. They're just moments away from holding meetings and selling t shirts.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of waterloo1066

    waterloo1066

    [4]Apr 21, 2011
    • member since: 04/15/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 199
    Generally I agree with your comments but...
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, as you say there are too many people who seem to watch the show just to tear it to pieces.
    I have watched the show since the pilot show and yes, there have been some poor showes but there has also been some cracking shows. At least now it has changed fom the 'Rachel show' to 'let more of the cast have a go show' (Naya Rivers character Santana is a case in point hereand it has started to develop nicely), but some people will not like it and that's fine, such is life. I think that most people seem to agree with this but it's the way it is being done that people are objecting to.
    I fully understand the criticism people have but why can't they also add some POSITIVE comments as well! If they can't do this then, as you suggest, they should find something else to watch instead. I do read as many reviews as possible as they are ahead of the UK showings but however negative or positive they are I ALWAYS wait until I have seen the upcomming show and then judge for myself.
    Most shows have both good and bad points - just like any other programme on television. Glee seems to have more than its fair share of a'hung jury' syndrome.
    Come on you reviewers do try and add positive comments as well as the negative ones or find something else to watch and criticise that instead (perhaps you do that already!).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowclone7290

    shadowclone7290

    [5]Apr 21, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 117
    waterloo1066 wrote:
    Generally I agree with your comments but...
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, as you say there are too many people who seem to watch the show just to tear it to pieces.
    I have watched the show since the pilot show and yes, there have been some poor showes but there has also been some cracking shows. At least now it has changed fom the 'Rachel show' to 'let more of the cast have a go show' (Naya Rivers character Santana is a case in point hereand it has started to develop nicely), but some people will not like it and that's fine, such is life. I think that most people seem to agree with this but it's the way it is being done that people are objecting to.
    I fully understand the criticism people have but why can't they also add some POSITIVE comments as well! If they can't do this then, as you suggest, they should find something else to watch instead. I do read as many reviews as possible as they are ahead of the UK showings but however negative or positive they are I ALWAYS wait until I have seen the upcomming show and then judge for myself.
    Most shows have both good and bad points - just like any other programme on television. Glee seems to have more than its fair share of a'hung jury' syndrome.
    Come on you reviewers do try and add positive comments as well as the negative ones or find something else to watch and criticise that instead (perhaps you do that already!).

    I totally agree I just get tired of hearing people judge Glee as well as other tv shows completely based off of the reviews saying "why do they keep making this show no one likes it" I always judge for myself but not everyone else is like that. Yes I will admit Glee has it's episodes that are off but in the long run it's good episodes seem to far outweigh it's bad ones
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fachizzzzle

    fachizzzzle

    [6]Apr 27, 2011
    • member since: 09/28/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 32

    I'm glad that you're able to approach the show in such a neutral, and critical way. It's the best way to enjoy it. Good idea avoiding the reviews before they air in the UK. I personally like where the show is going, and really enjoy this season, but if I were to have read the episode reviews months before watching them, I would be convinced that Glee was self destructing or something. I think you'll see by user ratings of last night's fantastic episode that it is definitely not lol. Enjoy the episodes this summer. I'm kind of jealous that you'll be getting new Glee this summer, and I have to wait until September though!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [7]Apr 27, 2011
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,752
    I agree, I love Glee, but I also admit it has maaaaany problems, most recently that of the ridiculous plot lines. I get why people don't like it, but I never ever ever see the point in continuing to watch a show you hate and bash on it shamelessly, without critical argument. A little bit of healthy debate is good, but not shameless hate without giving reason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xtian_goelt

    xtian_goelt

    [8]May 5, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 67

    I'm not sure if my hatred towards Rachel counts in this topic, because i do love watching Glee, and this show sucks in like no way. But yeah, I hate Rachel. I've had the chances of having arguments about Rachel with some people in this forum. And trust me, since i love watching Glee, i ain't never going to stop hating her because there're endless ways to hate her. And i have no intentions of leaving this forum.



    But you know what, i think i'm supposed to hate her, since she really is an annoying needy drama-queen. I'm actually would be surprised if any of you would think that Rachel is really likeable. Lea Michelle is one amazing actress, and she potrays Rachel like noone else.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alirk

    alirk

    [9]May 5, 2011
    • member since: 10/15/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,530

    xtian_goelt wrote:


    I'm not sure if my hatred towards Rachel counts in this topic, because i do love watching Glee, and this show sucks in like no way. But yeah, I hate Rachel. I've had the chances of having arguments about Rachel with some people in this forum. And trust me, since i love watching Glee, i ain't never going to stop hating her because there're endless ways to hate her. And i have no intentions of leaving this forum.


    But you know what, i think i'm supposed to hate her, since she really is an annoying needy drama-queen. I'm actually would be surprised if any of you would think that Rachel is really likeable. Lea Michelle is one amazing actress, and she potrays Rachel like noone else.



    Yeah, I don't think that was the point of this topic. I think what the original poster was referring to was Glee haters

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of money3003

    money3003

    [10]May 26, 2011
    • member since: 04/06/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 85

    A lot of them keep saying "this show sucks", "this show is stupid", "high school musical wannabe" but they can't even actually give out a review. They don't even have specifically CONVINCING reasons and they judge too quickly. Sure this show has its flaws but seriously, a rating of 1? Some people here in this website are really immature. If it's because they "ruined" a song they like, that's not pretty convincing at all.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Canada_Michael

    Canada_Michael

    [11]May 26, 2011
    • member since: 08/21/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 454
    xtian_goelt wrote:

    I'm not sure if my hatred towards Rachel counts in this topic, because i do love watching Glee, and this show sucks in like no way. But yeah, I hate Rachel. I've had the chances of having arguments about Rachel with some people in this forum. And trust me, since i love watching Glee, i ain't never going to stop hating her because there're endless ways to hate her. And i have no intentions of leaving this forum.



    But you know what, i think i'm supposed to hate her, since she really is an annoying needy drama-queen. I'm actually would be surprised if any of you would think that Rachel is really likeable. Lea Michelle is one amazing actress, and she potrays Rachel like noone else.



    I think you make a very valid point as to why a lot of people hate Glee, Rachel. It's all about what Rachel wants & screw everyone else. The whole Britney speech to me highlighted what's wrong with Glee, namely the relationship musical chairs. In the end they stick together like a family is less & less believable as time goes by. Things roll off peoples backs way too easily on this show, to be even somewhat realistic IMO. Why would people with so much bad blood between each other stick with each other? I mean it's not as if they spend an hour in Glee club & that's it, I assume there is a lot of time spent practicing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ireeagle

    ireeagle

    [12]May 26, 2011
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,619

    Hey, stop the hating on this show! There were fans watching this show and the critics and viewers appraised this show properly. Give everyone a chance, please!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Flutterlight_

    _Flutterlight_

    [13]Jun 1, 2011
    • member since: 08/29/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,393
    ireeagle wrote:

    Hey, stop the hating on this show! There were fans watching this show and the critics and viewers appraised this show properly. Give everyone a chance, please!



    I gave the show a chance like you wish people would and it failed to meet my standards of good television. Honestly, I actually watched this show before I decided I didn't like it. Glee isn't my cup of tea. I have numerous complaints: forcing values down viewers throats, inaccurate representation of learning disabled students, and the horrible "improvements" they made to Singing in the Rain...

    Now, when you say critics and viewers "appraised this show properly" does that mean anybody who dislikes Glee is wrong? Is the show really that great, that it's actually WRONG to criticize aspects of it? Are people like me not entitled to express, or even have, differing opinions about Glee?

    If that's what that statement implies, and I thing it's not only wrong to say such a thing, but that it goes against the 1st amendment of free speech, and also comes dangerously close to implying that minorities shouldn't be entitled to express their own opinions.

    Or did you mean to state that people who dislike Glee didn't view the show and make a well founded decision? I watched Glee before decided I didn't like it. Therefore, the statement is false.

    Perhaps you meant that people who dislike Glee are unintelligent? In that case, petty insults do not make for a good argument, and I can assure you- I am an intelligent person and I still do not like Glee. Thus, your argument is immature, as well as false.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowclone7290

    shadowclone7290

    [14]Jul 5, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 117
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    ireeagle wrote:

    Hey, stop the hating on this show! There were fans watching this show and the critics and viewers appraised this show properly. Give everyone a chance, please!



    I gave the show a chance like you wish people would and it failed to meet my standards of good television. Honestly, I actually watched this show before I decided I didn't like it. Glee isn't my cup of tea. I have numerous complaints: forcing values down viewers throats, inaccurate representation of learning disabled students, and the horrible "improvements" they made to Singing in the Rain...

    Now, when you say critics and viewers "appraised this show properly" does that mean anybody who dislikes Glee is wrong? Is the show really that great, that it's actually WRONG to criticize aspects of it? Are people like me not entitled to express, or even have, differing opinions about Glee?

    If that's what that statement implies, and I thing it's not only wrong to say such a thing, but that it goes against the 1st amendment of free speech, and also comes dangerously close to implying that minorities shouldn't be entitled to express their own opinions.

    Or did you mean to state that people who dislike Glee didn't view the show and make a well founded decision? I watched Glee before decided I didn't like it. Therefore, the statement is false.

    Perhaps you meant that people who dislike Glee are unintelligent? In that case, petty insults do not make for a good argument, and I can assure you- I am an intelligent person and I still do not like Glee. Thus, your argument is immature, as well as false.


    If you think that is what this thread is about then you seriously aren't that intelligent. This is about people who have never watched the show or who have only watched one or two episodes. Come to this page and these forums and rant against it without giving it a fair shake. If you read the other posts everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express it. I don't like everything glee does either but a constant stream of unending hate is not the way you should approach anything.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Flutterlight_

    _Flutterlight_

    [15]Jul 14, 2011
    • member since: 08/29/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,393
    shadowclone7290, I was not referring to the thread in general, I was referring to the specific comment. That is why I not only quoted said comment, but also referenced that specific comment multiple times in my response, and solely addressed the author of said comment in my response.

    My main problem wasn't even with Glee at that point. It was the fact that ireeagle said, "the critics and viewers appraised this show properly" which implies, since Glee has good ratings, that people who do not like Glee have not "appraised the show properly." In layman's terms, they claimed that people who don't like Glee don't know what they're talking about.

    I took offense to that statement. I do not like Glee, and I most definitely KNOW what I'm talking about.

    I also take offense to your claim that I am an unintelligent person, especially when you grossly misunderstood the point of my original post. I do not think you have the right to tell somebody else they are unintelligent when you clearly had no clue who I was addressing in the first place. (Even though I would have liked to think quoting the person would have made that blatantly obvious.)

    I am not going to engage in a battle of petty insults, or thrust a "constant stream of unending hate" towards you, or your show. I am, however, going to politely request an apology from you for your insulting comments.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowclone7290

    shadowclone7290

    [16]Jul 19, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 117
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    shadowclone7290, I was not referring to the thread in general, I was referring to the specific comment. That is why I not only quoted said comment, but also referenced that specific comment multiple times in my response, and solely addressed the author of said comment in my response.

    My main problem wasn't even with Glee at that point. It was the fact that ireeagle said, "the critics and viewers appraised this show properly" which implies, since Glee has good ratings, that people who do not like Glee have not "appraised the show properly." In layman's terms, they claimed that people who don't like Glee don't know what they're talking about.

    I took offense to that statement. I do not like Glee, and I most definitely KNOW what I'm talking about.

    I also take offense to your claim that I am an unintelligent person, especially when you grossly misunderstood the point of my original post. I do not think you have the right to tell somebody else they are unintelligent when you clearly had no clue who I was addressing in the first place. (Even though I would have liked to think quoting the person would have made that blatantly obvious.)

    I am not going to engage in a battle of petty insults, or thrust a "constant stream of unending hate" towards you, or your show. I am, however, going to politely request an apology from you for your insulting comments.


    First I did NOT call you unintelligent I said "you're not that intelligent" because you suggested that the guy before you said that people who dislike glee are unintelligent... which isn't what he said, and then said you were intelligent and made your choice. Which sounds like you are saying he's not that smart for making a comment like that, which he didn't.
    Second I am sorry that you took it that way it was not my intention at all, but from the broadness of your words it sound like you addressed the entire thread. I only say that because I have started out addressing a single person and quoting them and then moved on to address the entire thread...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Flutterlight_

    _Flutterlight_

    [17]Jul 21, 2011
    • member since: 08/29/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,393
    Um... Not being intelligent is the same thing as being "unintelligent." Using "that" as a modifier doesn't really change anything that much. You essentially said I was a step above being "unintelligent." That's like saying, "oh, you're just SORT of stupid."

    And I don't feel that's a proper apology. You basically just blamed me for the entire thing. (I am sorry that you took it that way it was not my intention at all, but from the broadness of your words it sound like you addressed the entire thread. = I'm sorry you misunderstood what I said. If you had been clear in the first place, none of this would have happened.)

    So again, I am going to politely request an apology for your rudeness. But if you find you cannot write a proper one, please don't bother at all.

    And finally, "broadness"? Really? Let's look at my original statement:

    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    ireeagle wrote:

    Hey, stop the hating on this show! There were fans watching this show and the critics and viewers appraised this show properly. Give everyone a chance, please!



    I gave the show a chance like you wish people would and it failed to meet my standards of good television. Honestly, I actually watched this show before I decided I didn't like it. Glee isn't my cup of tea. I have numerous complaints: forcing values down viewers throats, inaccurate representation of learning disabled students, and the horrible "improvements" they made to Singing in the Rain...

    Now, when you say critics and viewers "appraised this show properly" does that mean anybody who dislikes Glee is wrong? Is the show really that great, that it's actually WRONG to criticize aspects of it? Are people like me not entitled to express, or even have, differing opinions about Glee?

    If that's what that statement implies, and I thing it's not only wrong to say such a thing, but that it goes against the 1st amendment of free speech, and also comes dangerously close to implying that minorities shouldn't be entitled to express their own opinions.

    Or did you mean to state that people who dislike Glee didn't view the show and make a well founded decision? I watched Glee before decided I didn't like it. Therefore, the statement is false.

    Perhaps you meant that people who dislike Glee are unintelligent? In that case, petty insults do not make for a good argument, and I can assure you- I am an intelligent person and I still do not like Glee. Thus, your argument is immature, as well as false.


    Not that not only did I directly quote the person I was addressing, I also address them by writing things like "you said ________" I am unable to see how I could have made it more clear that I was ONLY addressing the person I quoted in my post. Should I have headed my post with "I AM ONLY ADDRESSING THE PERSON I'M QUOTING IN THIS POST"?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [18]Jul 23, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    Getting back on track, I agree with the first poster, I don't understand people who trash things they don't like. I don't like "The Middle" and I think Patricia Heaton is a terrible actress. I don't go the forums for that show and for that actress to trash them, or to offend the people who admire them. I can say "I dislike" or even "I hate" without being offensive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alirk

    alirk

    [19]Jul 23, 2011
    • member since: 10/15/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,530

    RenatoB wrote:
    Getting back on track, I agree with the first poster, I don't understand people who trash things they don't like. I don't like "The Middle" and I think Patricia Heaton is a terrible actress. I don't go the forums for that show and for that actress to trash them, or to offend the people who admire them. I can say "I dislike" or even "I hate" without being offensive.


    I agree. Going to the forums just to bash a show/actor is totally unecessary and, in my opinion, childish...Not to mention, rude!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowclone7290

    shadowclone7290

    [20]Jul 27, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 117
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Um... Not being intelligent is the same thing as being "unintelligent." Using "that" as a modifier doesn't really change anything that much. You essentially said I was a step above being "unintelligent." That's like saying, "oh, you're just SORT of stupid."

    And I don't feel that's a proper apology. You basically just blamed me for the entire thing. (I am sorry that you took it that way it was not my intention at all, but from the broadness of your words it sound like you addressed the entire thread. = I'm sorry you misunderstood what I said. If you had been clear in the first place, none of this would have happened.)

    So again, I am going to politely request an apology for your rudeness. But if you find you cannot write a proper one, please don't bother at all.

    And finally, "broadness"? Really? Let's look at my original statement:

    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    ireeagle wrote:

    Hey, stop the hating on this show! There were fans watching this show and the critics and viewers appraised this show properly. Give everyone a chance, please!



    I gave the show a chance like you wish people would and it failed to meet my standards of good television. Honestly, I actually watched this show before I decided I didn't like it. Glee isn't my cup of tea. I have numerous complaints: forcing values down viewers throats, inaccurate representation of learning disabled students, and the horrible "improvements" they made to Singing in the Rain...

    Now, when you say critics and viewers "appraised this show properly" does that mean anybody who dislikes Glee is wrong? Is the show really that great, that it's actually WRONG to criticize aspects of it? Are people like me not entitled to express, or even have, differing opinions about Glee?

    If that's what that statement implies, and I thing it's not only wrong to say such a thing, but that it goes against the 1st amendment of free speech, and also comes dangerously close to implying that minorities shouldn't be entitled to express their own opinions.

    Or did you mean to state that people who dislike Glee didn't view the show and make a well founded decision? I watched Glee before decided I didn't like it. Therefore, the statement is false.

    Perhaps you meant that people who dislike Glee are unintelligent? In that case, petty insults do not make for a good argument, and I can assure you- I am an intelligent person and I still do not like Glee. Thus, your argument is immature, as well as false.


    Not that not only did I directly quote the person I was addressing, I also address them by writing things like "you said ________" I am unable to see how I could have made it more clear that I was ONLY addressing the person I quoted in my post. Should I have headed my post with "I AM ONLY ADDRESSING THE PERSON I'M QUOTING IN THIS POST"?

    i don't really care if you don't think that was a proper apology if that's what you think then that's what you think...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.