Glee Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

What happened to the rumoured Male Mercedes character??

hitch80

[1]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 2

Does anyone know anything about this? Only 6 episodes left

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

waterloo1066

[2]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 6
    Not really sure what happened here. I think that the idea was put forward towards the end of last season but, obviously, has yet to happen. As there is a suggestion that there is 'so much' yet to come perhaps the writers have either forgotten this thread or have literally just run out of air time - perhaps season 3?
    As there are 6 episodes left to air in the UK, as you say, it still could happen but don't hold your breath! I think that there would have been a few firm references to this happening by now if it was going to be in this season but only a few will know for certain.
    I'm sorry I haven't been able to give you a yes/no answer but, as yet, there doesn't seem to be one.

sibowittz

[3]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 17
    Weren't we supposed to see Mercedes' family anyway???

alirk

[4]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 22

Yet another rumor that hasn't (may never) come to fruition...

RenatoB

[5]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 43
    I'll be glad if it never comes to fruition. We don't need another character, I am still wondering why in the world Sam is still a part of the cast, he brings next to nothing to the series and hasn't done anything much for me since the season premiere (I really liked the character in the premiere, he showed promise). A male Mercedes would probably only be brought in to eventually become Mercedes' boyfriend and I'm sick of all the romantic entanglements, can't they come up with different kinds of storylines for the kids that don't involve dating drama?

alirk

[6]Apr 26, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    I am still wondering why in the world Sam is still a part of the cast, he brings next to nothing to the series and hasn't done anything much for me since the season premiere (I really liked the character in the premiere, he showed promise).

I have to respectfully disagree...I love Sam!

Edited on 04/26/2011 11:49am

mollyb1962

[7]Apr 26, 2011

I'm not sure about a "male Mercedes", but at Paley Fest Ryan Murphy did talk about finding a guy who would work well with Amber Riley. He specifically said that this is on his mind while filming the Glee reality show, so that would seem to suggest that Mercedes will be getting a love interest next season.

_Flutterlight_

[8]May 1, 2011
    • level: 15
    About the dating drama... This show caters to teenagers, and is about teenagers. Dating drama is a primary staple in the lives of most teenagers. There's not really any chance to avoid it.

RenatoB

[9]May 1, 2011
    • level: 43
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    About the dating drama... This show caters to teenagers, and is about teenagers. Dating drama is a primary staple in the lives of most teenagers. There's not really any chance to avoid it.

But dating drama is already the most important part of Glee. There's not a member of that glee club that hasn't been involved in dating drama. They should really try to explore other areas.

hitch80

[10]May 1, 2011

Well...yeah i guess if the male mercedes character were to be introduced, he is better be on 3rd season premiere...together with his talented baby sister / brother...i guess by the 3rd season...the creator should better start introducing the junior class who will be leading the glee club after the current group graduated, in that way we (the fan) will start to get use with these new characters

sci_fi40

[11]May 2, 2011
    • level: 7

alirk wrote:

RenatoB wrote:
    I am still wondering why in the world Sam is still a part of the cast, he brings next to nothing to the series and hasn't done anything much for me since the season premiere (I really liked the character in the premiere, he showed promise).

I think poor Sam got overshadowed by Blaine. He had a lot of potential in the beginning of the season, but then BAM! one Katy Perry song and we all fell head over heels for Blaine. Sam kinda just faded into the background and never really had the chance to shine as a new character.

alirk

[12]May 3, 2011

sci_fi40 wrote:

alirk wrote:

RenatoB wrote:

I think poor Sam got overshadowed by Blaine. He had a lot of potential in the beginning of the season, but then BAM! one Katy Perry song and we all fell head over heels for Blaine. Sam kinda just faded into the background and never really had the chance to shine as a new character.

I never thought of it that way, but I think you are totally right...I still love Sam though & I think he is terribly underused

jenny_d_b

[13]May 19, 2011
    • level: 8
    Sam is hilarious. I love how he's geeky and dorky but still well-liked. That's an art.

The "male Mercedes"-thing confuses me a bit. Why would he be a "male Mercedes"? Because he could sing, because he was black, because he was overweight, because he was a total diva? I don't see the point. It could be fun to see the rivalry between them. But, my first thought was - they have Kurt. He IS the male Mercedes. Great talent, fully aware of it, very bubbly and outspoken personality, he's a diva, he's a loyal friend... I have to say it again: He IS the male Mercedes. I don't see the need of adding another diva to the show. Although that's common in show business, and I think most of them have diva tendencies.

About dating drama: It is an important part of SOME teens life. Personally, I didn't date in high school, and it didn't even interest me. I had a boyfriend for a few months in my freshman year, and I have a boyfriend now, but for basically three whole years I didn't even think about boys. I wasn't in love with anyone, I enjoyed being single and focusing on friends and school. And, to be honest, it seemed to me like most people focused more on those things than dating too. (We have a different high school system here, people apply based on grades and interest, my school had general studies and music studies, and you needed rather high grades to get in, so I guess people there were very different that the McKinley high-students.)

But, my point is: Not everyone dates in high school. Not everyone is interested in dating in high school. And some of us avoid like the plague to date someone at school, because that always leads to trouble. I've never even kissed a guy I've gone to school with, but I've kissed plenty of other guys. My current and previous boyfriend I both met other places than at school. So, I, too, am tired of them focusing mainly on that. I also think the friendship plots are the most touching this far.