Glee Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

What say you guys about the ratings?

Lionheart08

[1]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 30

I don't know if anyone has notice, or paid much attention, but this season of Glee hasn't exactly been keeping up to pace ratings-wise, as the first two seasons. While it's no where close to be bad, there's still be a noticeable sharp decline in viewers, so I have to ask what do you think is the cause?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mksystem74

[2]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 11

Its funny how when a show is good, no one watches but when its crap like the first two season people LOVE it. No idea why they are down as much as its been. Its not going anywhere anytime soon by a long shot, but its interesting how things work out ratings wise.

Lionheart08

[3]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 30

I don't want people to take this thread as a bashing of the show, and I agree the show ain't going anywhere, any time soon. It's pretty much become a Pop-culture phenomena. I just find it fascinating that there has been such a noticeable drop in viewers.

From my stand point, I think season 2 had a lot to blame for it. Even though it definitely had the highest ratings, at the same time (from late Season 1 onwards) you could tell a change of pace story telling wise; a lot of the tongue-in-cheek humor dissipated, they started running out of ideas for Sue, the Finn/Rachel pairing got driven into the ground, and it really just took itself way too seriously.

fachizzzzle

[4]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 4
    I'm guessing that Fox is going to just pair it up with Idol again (at least until Glee's ratings rise). Fox has made half a billion dollars off of Glee (through albums and concerts etc.), and I'm sure that they will do what is necessary to keep it around for at least six or so seasons. Pairing it with idol should bring it back up in no time.

In the meantime, the ratings for this weeks episode crept up a bit from last week, plus next week is sectionals (and the competition episodes are always highly viewed) + the return of Chord, so that should do even better, and the following week is the Christmas special, so that should do pretty well also. I'm not too worried about the ratings, mostly because I know that Fox is going to do all that they can to save this show. Where else can they make this much cash (besides Idol).