Glee

Glease

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 2012 on FOX

• finally jumping the shark or is there still hope?

I agree with MyFavShows, I think too this season might kill Glee. It's not the same any more, and I don't know why exactly. One thing for sure is this new and old character mess. I watch a show because I like the people on it. So the strategy to bring many new characters and mess with the old ones is very dangerous even though inevitable. Then Kitty sucks and the issue Bulimia was really badly handled (don't I get suspicious if everything else still fits and only my musical costume is not?) Also weird why Finn didn't say anything when Unique's parents made Unique not wear girl's clothes any more? And isn't there still a no bullying policy at McKinley? And what strange reaction was the first reaction to Finn becoming the new director of Glee? And even if it should have been a shiny episode because of Grease, it somehow wasn't.
  • GLEASE VIDEO REPLAY 4x6

Glease Episode Replay Here-> tinyurl.com/4x5Glease

Enjoy

• Glease: Better than last week, still has improvements to make (*potential spoilers)

So that episode got progressively worse as time went on. The only really great thing that I took from it is that Brittana still loves each other and I really want them to get back together. The moment when Finn walked into the choir room in the beginning was priceless (sorry). I'm glad that the other characters pointed out the flaws in Will's plan and reasons why Finn shouldn't be taking over for him.

Kitty was pretty vicious and her nonchalance is annoying. I can't believe she not only tampered with Marley's costume, but then also tried to get her become bullemic. I can't wait for her to figure out what her effect on other people is. In regards to Glee addressing eating disorders, I was really hoping they would give a meaningful message to all teenagers. For the past 3 years, disorders have been treated like a joke, especially with Santana. They sped through the storyline and still promoted mixed messages. 'Skinny forever' or 'I don't want to kiss a girl with puke on her breath'? So which one, Glee? (The latter is better if you ignore the off-putting possessiveness. Marley's decision to stop (in the moment) should have been about her and not her crush/bf.) The story was too rushed but I think Glee will return to the storyline soon so we'll have to see.

The Cassandra/Brody storyline was stupid. First off, the whole point of a Brody character is a plot device to make Finn/Finchel look good, and don't pretend it's not true. It's really stupid for a teacher to actively attempt to make her student jealous by sleeping with said student's kinda-sorta boyfriend/friend. I know Cassie hates/is jealous of Rachel but that's really low. Loved seeing Kurt, Rachel, and Santana again. I'm not even going to talk about Finn and Rachel at the end. Yeah the 'no contact' is great for someone like me who doesn't even like Finchel, but once again it's him calling the shots for them both. I'll be disappointed if they go through with the Blaine depression storyline, and I feel like it will inevitably end up like the Marley one in this episode: rushed and based on a double standard of giving a positive view on an issue previously joked about.

This whole season seems to be the recycling of old storylines and parallel characters and it's frustrating. These new characters should get to develop on their own, without having to be the "new so-and-so." The show has to stop with addressing an issue because it's a controversial or difficult topic. And whenever they do, they need to handle topics with more dignity and respect because there are people who are affected by the issue. Putting out a message of "You'll be skinny forever" isn't a good way to introduce an anti-bulimia storyline. Ugh- this show.
  • Glee...The world where anything goes

This season may kill Glee. Used to love the show, but everything seems to be falling apart, especially with confusing episodes like this one. Glee covers hard issues but they are starting to cross boundaries. I think what is killing it, is the heavy usage of old characters. They should have just wrote them off and been done with it.

Kitty as Quinn 2.0 seemed ok in the beginning but now she is just too extreme. Im starting to loathe her character. As for Wade, I am so confused as to why his parents hate the idea of him as unique now that they are in Lima. If i remember correctly in Season 3, wade wanted to come to lima so that he wasn't being pressured and could be whoever he/she wanted. Now all of sudden the parents think its a bad idea. So confused on that issue.

What is up with the rules being bent? It is annoying though it has some good outcomes. I mean I love Naya, but coming back to high school to play in the school musical. I doubt that would ever happen. And obviously Finn leading the Glee club. It wouldn't happen but I guess hes getting his confidence back.

The relationships are still on the fritz for the 3 old couples. Tina and Mike are thinking of getting back, though i dont really know why they broke up in the first place. Marley/Ryder is an ok choice, kind of quick to start the relation but we shall see what drama comes from it.

Cassandra and Brody = WTF? I mean i understand cassy is trying to give "tough love" to Rachel, but sleeping with brody. In what universe is that allowed. Im sure cassy will keep her job, which would never happen. Its just really weird.

Highlights

- Grease

- Naya Rivera, She is just too amazing

- Kate Hudsons awesome character

- Vanessa's booty shake on a headstand, hot; I had to rewind just confirm what I just saw

- Marley, except while throwing up. Marley/Melissa is just so adorable

- Limited Wade time, I personally don't like his character or voice

- BigMike! I miss Chuck....
  • GLEASE VIDEO REPLAY 4x6

Enjoy this One

what's going to happen when Rachel and Kurt come in the show, how will Finn and Blaine feel when they see there ex-partner

• GLEASE VIDEO REPLAY 4x5

Glease Episode Replay Here-> tinyurl.com/4x5Glease

Enjoy

No offense to anyone, but I thought it was really unfair to the new people (Marley and Ryder) were cut out so they could have a Finn and Rachel scene. It should have been Marley and Ryder the whole song, instead of cutting them out for a large portion of the song so Finn and Rachel could sing together. I think it's about time to move on from the old characters and shine more light on the new ones. And I'm not saying completely cut out Finn and Rachel and Kurt, etc. But just slowly fade them out throughout the seasons because I'm sure they're not going to be visiting the Glee club when they're working for a living and in their late twenties.

Rachel and Kurt pay a visit to Lima as the glee club launches its
  • Glee isn't the word I'd use...

(Spoilers ahead).

This episode was like a swirling whirlpool of confusion and backstabbery. Some parts actually surprised me and others were just... glee.

First off, Sue is back to her season 1 evil villain self. This just proves my theory that they have no idea what to do with her character anymore, thus it's back to the beginning for her. This episode she attempts to derail the musical by telling Unique's parents that their son is... well, unique (and his dad is BIG MIKE! Love seeing Chuck alums in shows). So basically Sue is going to wreak havoc on Finn as the glee club director and he probably won;t handle it as well as Will.

Speaking of which, watching him tell the club was kind of funny because the seniors were reacting angrily while Unique whispered to Jake "Well, we really don't know him that well anyway." I think that it would be interesting that if they actually lost Sectionals under Finn's leadership, not because I want to see him fail (I think I'm the only person left who wants to see some good will happen for his character) but because it would be interesting to see what they would do if the show didn't revolve around a competition.

The other actual surprise this episode was Kitty. Before this, they painted her as the terrifying amalgam made up of the looks/religious zealoty ways of Quinn, the insults of Santana, and the physical violence of Sue. But this episode they decided to take the plunge and turn her a bit more psychotic. While Santana was awful (which most people won't admit, I don't know why) she tore people down and broke up relationships with her words, which was still terrible, but she never committed any gossip girl/90210-worthy heinousness. It surprised Glee actually crossed the line of making her tightening Marley's costumes. Hopefully after the sleepover Marley knows that Kitty will never be her friend but I wonder if they;re going to bring her eating disorder story back, even by glee standards, they don't seem done with that one yet.

That being said, why does it have to be Ryder? It was good someone talked Marley down but why did it have to be him? I guess because Ryder would never date Kitty, but I want my Jarley! Now it looks like since Marley will most likely choose Ryder that Jake will angrily get back with Kitty, who everyone need tread lightly around.

Then there's the Kurt/Rachel/ her dance teacher thing. Kate Hudson is so wonderfully evil, though I'm surprised she showed her hand so early. When she was offering her miles to Rachel, it was clear she was trying to get rid of her, but it seemed a little premature for her to reveal her whole plan. She might've felt she had to teach Rachel her lesson but Rachel was just trying to help her and Brody was chasing after Rachel just as much as she was chasing after him.

And it looks like there won't be a Finchel reunion anytime soon, because Finn realized Rachel wasn't upset over seeing him, and you could see their what was left of their relationship flatlining.

It also looks like there won't be a Klaine reunion anytime soon which I'm okay with (I see you sharpening that pitchfork, mister) but thats because there's a rumor Sebastian will make an appearance soon, and what will he say that now Blaine is single!

In this week;s entry of "ignoring all logic, it actually worked" was Santana as Rizzo. As stated by Santana, she is Rizzo, and the obvious choice. And Tina would be the most awkward Rizzo ever, and it was humorous that even when she;s the one who still goes to the school, she;s still irrelevant.

I have to say, Glee still managed to surprise me. Not sure that;s a good thing, but we;ll see.

Watch This Episode Now here-> tinyurl.com/s4x6Glee

Watch This Episode Now here-> tinyurl.com/s4x6Glee

Enjoy this One

Rachel and Kurt pay a visit to Lima as the glee club launches its production of "Grease". Meanwhile, Cassandra July returns to shake things up in Rachel's life
  • Glee is not the word, anymore.

4.5
    So...Glee. Once upon a time, this show was good. It brought to light a harsh truth about America that everyone already knew. It's tough being a teenager in high school these days. There is bullying, sexual identity crises, overwhelming sexual urges, and peer pressure to do more than you ever thought you could at such a young age. And Glee used to champion these without getting TOO over the top. But this season, something has changed, and I am honestly not a big fan.

First of all, the introduction of Kitty, who is maybe supposed to be a cross between Santanna and Quinn, comes across as grating and a b!@ch. She really serves no purpose other than to insult and demean who I've come to call 'Rachel 2.0' in one horrifyingly overdone bout of bullying after the next. In this weeks episode, Kitty is making it impossible for Marley to fit into her 'Grease' costumes. Not only that, she begins bullying Marley about her weight, and then tries to convince Marley to embrace bulimia, and even has a very difficult scene to watch of Marley in a bathroom stall trying to force herself to throw up. Honestly, that was too much, for a supposedly family friendly show. While touching and bringing light to these topics is okay, in my opinion, showing an attempt of the act itself is over-the-top and serves as nothing more than shock value.

Also this week, we get more of the ridiculous storyline of Finn taking over the Glee club while Mr. Schue is away on sabbatical. Not only is such a thing highly illogical, I doubt anywhere in the US would actually let such a thing happen. Firstly, Finn is not the most responsible person in the world, so what business does he have influencing students on an adult level? He's only graduated a year ago, so this makes no sense. While Sue is a horrible character in her actions and her continual bullying of everyone, she is also a voice or reason on a show that seems to throw reason out the window anymore.

However, that said, Sue's actions would get her fired from most any school in the nation were she an actual teacher. The verbal bullying alone would be more than enough to get her fired, especially in the technological age we live in. All it would take would be one kid filming her antics with a cell phone and putting it online and she'd be gone. Then, when you get to the physical temper tantrums, like the one she pulled last night, and there is no reason she should still be employed at McKinely High. I get that this is a TV show and does not need to follow conventional rules, but come on.

I'm pretty sure that after tonight's episode, I'm done with Glee. There is just too much over-the-top drama and I just can't seem to find this show fun, anymore.
  • Grease fail

This new season is nothing like the last 3 I know I watch them twice a week. I understand they needed the new people but the show has completely changed and thats where the miscommunication lies. We are on episode 5 and there has only been maybe 3 songs in the choir room when we are used to seeing one every show. there has only been one episode Brittany 2.0 where they sung in the choir room please get back on track. We used to get a group number every show we dont even get that anymore. Please wheel this sinking ship back on course. Thanks
  • Thank you Sue!

Sue may be bad, but she's sometimes right on. Yes, she IS right that a 19-year-old who barely graduated a few months ago should NOT be teaching (or even supervising) high schoolers! YES, she is right that Mr Shue's plans are often ridiculous, when not dangerous! The beginning of her speech to Mr Shue was SO right I couldn't believe my ears! Have the writers of Glee finally realized Mr Shue's character is so badly written that he does not even make any sense anymore?

Also, I was SO glad that Unique was replaced by Santana! I was glad for 2 reasons: the first is that she gave meaning to Rizzo's song (a part she was BORN to play, by the way!), which is a thing that Wade/Unique simply couldn't do, and the second is that we were able to hear Naya Rivera's beautiful voice, and not Alex Newel's affected cat screeches. I'm sorry, but although his character is growing on me, I still can't stand his voice! So, for once, thank you, coach Sue!
  • Did Capture The Music Of Grease Just not The Spirit.

Okay I adore Glee but I gotta say that I was extremely underwhelmed by this episode.

Yes the songs were good but this musical episode wasn't as good as last years West Side Story.

I didn't feel any emotion behind the songs or any other meaning behind them than when I watched the episode "The First Time."

CW